Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

City Sponsored Rotating Art Displays

KatabaticWind-PGOKatabaticWind-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Our local city has had for years rotating public art up and down main street and other community gathering areas in the city.

There's brochures and a website that talks about the current art on hand. The locations are numbered in the broucher/web.

Talking to the people in charge of the art (some of them play Niantic's games), they said that the location always matches the number in the broucher even as the art changes. They keep all slots filled, but a slot can be empty for a few weeks during a transition.

Aggressive reviewers have removed a few wayspots in our area before the next piece of art took it's place.

I was wondering if a title/description edits of the wayspots to something like "Community Art #1" where the number corresponds to the number in the brochure with a reference to find out more on the city's website/brochure in the description would be acceptable?

Edited: Grammar

Answers

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Individual displays are not eligible because they are not permanent. Including references to a website in the description is also grounds for a rejection. If there is an informational signboard explaining the project as a whole, that would be eligible. But if not, then you are out of luck.

• KatabaticWind-PGOKatabaticWind-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 2020

Interesting. They're not seasonal. Some stay up for years (I believe each piece has at least one year on display). I was just thinking of finding a way in game to help point people to how all the art is tied together.

They even have their own building on main street that you can go in to find out more about the art.

Guess we'll stick with editing names and pics when the art changes, resubmit the new art if the old gets removed and leave all reference to the program that made them possible out. Sounds kind of counter productive to me.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

It isnt reviewers who have removed them, as reviewers don't have that ability.

Whats likely is its either a local who has decided to submit a removal request, or a visitor has come and seen there is nothing there / its incorrect, and submitted a removal request. I would do the same if I visit a place and the supposed POI doesn't exist.

• Faversham71-PGOFaversham71-PGO Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

The building sounds eligible. I'm not sure how long an art piece has to stay in place to be considered permanent. I certainly wouldn't submit something I knew might only be there for a year.

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

TheFarix has the right idea. Try to see if there's some permanent signage about the rotating gallary that you could submit as the wayspot.

Definetly include the links about it from the city's website in the supporting statement.

If there isn't any permanent fixture for the thing, try getting a picture of the art together and call it something like "[City Name] Rotating Art Gallary" instead of submitting the specific pieces that will be taken down and explain what it is using the desciption and supporting statement.

• tehstone-INGtehstone-ING Posts: 1,154 Ambassador

In all the places I've seen that have similar situations, people submitted whichever art happened to be up at that time and that's the POI. A low percentage of them have been updated with new photo/title but often those edits are rejected as it's clearly a completely different piece of art.

In one in particular, an agent has been attempting to edit them all to reflect the fact that they change periodically but I don't think any of those edits have been approved.

It's just not a situation that Niantic has given us the tools to handle well, nor do they handle it well themselves. With new nominations, indicating that the art won't be there forever can only hurt your chances of approval so there's a strong incentive for people to continue to imply that they're permanent.

Up to you how you want to proceed I guess.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I would submit where the art goes and me ton I the description that the thing is permanent but the art changes. To me it's clearly an intersting point and would have people visiting it, and since the areas are permanent that should be good enough, the art might change but dont submit the art then