Braveheart says you need to give us our Russia Wayfarer Rewards and Stop Closing Threads

FinalJudgmentZX-PGOFinalJudgmentZX-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited July 2021 in Russia Wayfarer Challenge

"And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!"

@NianticGiffard look, I get you may be getting some harsh comments directed towards you, but I just wanted to take the time to say that while I may not speak for the rest of us, I do believe it's highly unprofessional to close a thread where we are genuinely upset over being lied to about an event that promised rewards. The communication is typical Niantic... rushed, poorly executed, and lacking transparency.

Many of us spend a lot of time doing reviews so that we can help the community be a better place by adding more notable landmarks (which can be debatable in some circles) and helping clean up the mess with finding duplicates, and editing portals that need to be renamed due to inaccuracy or other things. A lot of the Russian submissions I reviewed were duplicates but also let me see how we were helping by cleaning up the backlog.

I reviewed at LEAST 3 submissions in Russia, around the same time that it was deemed still part of the challenge, and NOT ONE was not a duplicate. I realize you changed your stance on what was eligible and what was not, but it's quite unfair to punish the lot of us who genuinely did reviews and have the logs to prove it. Please stop closing threads in an attempt to pretend this problem doesn't exist. For once, please listen to the people.

Post edited by FinalJudgmentZX-PGO on

Comments

• ElPokematico101-PGOElPokematico101-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

Since the thread was closed, I will re-post here and hope others will do the same. #VivaLaResistance

I had done what was required and still did not receive my upgrades or PokemonGo rewards. This is unacceptable. There is a clear history of the dates and times I reviewed Russian submissions within the event dates with my home location set to Russia.

1. Футуристичный Спортивный Комплекс on Tue Jun 15 2021 11:31:27 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
    2. Якоря МГАВТ on Tue Jun 15 2021 11:19:30 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
    3. Инфощит на Каховке on Wed Jun 16 2021 10:49:32 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
    4. 45-мм противотанковая пушка on Tue Jun 15 2021 11:36:51 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
    5. Два дома on Tue Jun 15 2021 11:16:52 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
    6. 1914 Год on Wed Jun 16 2021 10:48:30 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

These reviews are confirmed below.

• FinalJudgmentZX-PGOFinalJudgmentZX-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

Thank you for this information. I will take a look. I appreciate your efforts in this! I was wondering if all of us were really alone in a sense that many of our comments/replies just go unanswered or uncared for. Seems like a common trend with this company, and it's really disheartening because you'd think that with their profits they'd actually care or want us to keep participating in their titles and their features.

• FinalJudgmentZX-PGOFinalJudgmentZX-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

The fact that we had to go and make NEW threads that they probably can justify ignoring as it doesn't have the NIANTIC label on it seems pretty convenient for them. This way they can justify not responding to us. They did the same thing with the Wayfarer rating fiasco where a ton of people got inadvertently dropped to Poor from Good/Great. Their fix was to just restore anyone who suffered from this to "Fair" rating, which I've been stuck on since they did that... I was Great, 73% agreement percentage... and dropped to Poor, still 73%...

• LfcVish1-PGOLfcVish1-PGO Posts: 41 ✭✭

@NianticGiffard

This is a really scumbag move on your part as a company to silence people who all met the criteria and you have failed to honour your promise. This is a real see you next Tuesday move on your part as a company. I hope this sham is reported to people like euro gamer etc and then you’ll do something about this.

• Dragunov091987-PGODragunov091987-PGO Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

@NianticGiffard Thank you for being scummy and childish. Not to mention unprofessional. This speaks WORLDS about wayfarer and why people will stop doing reviews.

Scammers.

• DwayneSD1-PGODwayneSD1-PGO Posts: 1

@NianticGiffard What is going to happen to all the people who did not receive their rewards?

• AyVeeEye-PGOAyVeeEye-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

Really disgusted with how Niantic is dealing with this issue. I am waiting for my rewards patiently and then everytime I have to come here and read how unfair and unreasonable they are being. I reviewed in Russia within the event as per what was originally stated and each time it seems they try to come with a new loophole to avoid rewarding a bunch of us. This is not good at all and I have no interest in reviewing or nominating for my own community anymore and I have been doing that for a while and helped add many pokestops to the game doing their work for them. Really annoyed that they can't even appreciate what we are doing for the games and can't treat us with common decency. You messed up so I think you need to own up and fix this mess!

• TrnrJelle-PGOTrnrJelle-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

Still haven't received my rewards. This is getting absurd.

• 0MaxoRelaxo-PGO0MaxoRelaxo-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Niantic always finding new lows to shock me.

• kivadoge-PGOkivadoge-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

It was bad enough the thread was nearly at 2k replies, but to close it was dumb.

Anyway, throwing in my name as someone who followed all the rules they had set, rated >15 Russian nominations, and still haven't received any rewards. Meanwhile I personally know some who only reviewed one waypoint and received their rewards in the first wave. Ridiculous.

• MatildaWolf-PGOMatildaWolf-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

@NianticGiffard

Since the original post was locked, I will also post here that I set my home location to Moscow, Russia about a day and a half before the event ended. During that time, I was able to review eight Russian nominations; 5-6 were duplicates and 2-3 were either a reject or an accept. I made mention on the original post that I didn't receive my rewards after you asked for people to gather Wayfinder's names to push to the team; and I still ended up with nothing despite meeting all the criteria for the rewards after the eligibility requirements were changed to "Set home location to Russia and reviewed at least one Russian nomination."

If Niantic would have just said at the start "If you don't get an agreement during the event; you don't get any rewards." I would have just shrugged my shoulders at the end of the event and blamed myself for waiting too long to participate; but since Niantic then changed the requirements for the rewards and still failed to give them out, locking the thread and not handing out the rest of the rewards comes off as very unprofessional and is extremely disappointing.

• Hi5chase-PGOHi5chase-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

Since @NianticGiffard and the other team members are ignoring the community who is eligible for the rewards I will also like to complain. I have been waiting for over a month for the rewards that I am eligible for. If it is because i set my bonus location to Russia and not my home location that is not my fault. I set my bonus because I recently started reviewing before I knew about the challenge and had already set my home location. There was no way to change the home location for the challenge so the bonus location was my only option. I feel scammed because I spent a couple of hours of reviewing Russia nominations and still haven’t received my upgrades or items in Pokémon go. I only want the 10 upgrades and would even settle for 5. I don’t understand why y’all are not taking this matter seriously and addressing in properly. So please give us what we are eligible and what we have been waiting for so long. Thank you, and I hope you guys address this issue soon.

• Hotstriker9-PGOHotstriker9-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

I’ve requested all data they have on me from the privacy team to see if I can show from their data that I met the criteria. We will see.

• onstoppelbaard-PGOonstoppelbaard-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

I have been really patient so far, but locking the thread after people posted evidence that you asked for is a really, really bad move on your side.

I dont know who is responsible for this, but since you posted on the thread, I'll adress you @NianticGiffard , please fix this!

• sneltreinvaart-PGOsneltreinvaart-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Im also quite sure I met the requirements for rewards.

just closing a topic in which people post evidence that they met the criteria, after a month of lacking communication and no rewards, its really the worst way to treat your players...

• Nekonikoband-PGONekonikoband-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

I still haven't received my rewards. I reviewed Russian nominations after setting home location to Russia during the event!!

• DrakenBlouse-INGDrakenBlouse-ING Posts: 6 ✭✭

@NianticGiffard @NianticAaron I am positive I reviewed at least a dozen of Russian submissions while having my home location set to Moscow during the event, can I please just get the 10 Upgrades that were promised to me? I don't even want the PoGo items at this point, just the 10 upgrades pretty pleaseee

• Joez4000-PGOJoez4000-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

I, too, reviewed nominations from Russia, after setting my home location to Russia and did not get any rewards. I didn’t get them on the date I was told I would, then got assured almost weeks later to not worry, they would get pushed. I never got them. Now I’m being told if I was eligible I would have got them already!?

I set my home location to a random town in Russia. I reviewed submissions for like an hour. I got no Russian submission, so I set my home location to ANOTHER, more popular town in Russia. After I while I finally got one. I kept going until I nominated around 4 Russian submissions (can’t remember if it was 4 or 5). It took probably 2 hours for everything. After the event date (after NOT receiving anything), I changed my home location back.

This is such a horrible or move. You need to make right with the community and fix this. Do what you say you are going to do or don’t make promises at all.

• MEsquandolas-PGOMEsquandolas-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

I set my location to Moscow on 6/13 (during the event). Proof I reviewed stops. @NianticGiffard it's crappy to tell people they'll be rewarded (with digital items) for doing free work for a billion dollar company, then backing down from that promise.

• trottkopfhirn-INGtrottkopfhirn-ING Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

@NianticGiffard I don't understand your point of view. People have been posting proof (timestamp+coordinates) of participating and not getting rewards. Why can't you admit that the "investigation" of your colleagues obviously failed?