Challenge Rant

As someone who reviewed over 200 nominations during the event, it make me happy seeing all the players who reviewed fewer than 10 not get any rewards (unfortunately, some of those players got their rewards). The fact that people think they deserve 10 upgrades (1000 agreements) for 15 minutes of work is laughable.

Again, great job Niantic. One of the best challenges to date, can't wait for the next.

Comments

• sophielab-INGsophielab-ING Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭

It's not question of how many. The event was advertised as a collaborative thing. Collaboration means to work work together to achieve a common goal. Those that joined the event and reviewed after the goal was met did not help met the objective and probably had no reasonable expectation of a reward. There are still those who joined before the second goal was met as their postings showed probably should get the rewards. They should look into those ones again.

• Ykrichard-PGOYkrichard-PGO Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

I disagree. At this point, almost all of the people either joined in late or reviewed few nomination and don't deserve anything. These people complaining about the rewards do not care about reaching the goal and help others, they only care about getting their 10 upgrades.

• Meggilu-PGOMeggilu-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

I just recently reached 38 in pokemon go and was finally able to work on getting more stops in my town. I've done 350+ reviews in total so far. I've taken time out of my day, in the Summer heat, to nominate 12 new stops for my town. I participated in the Russia Challenge starting on June 13th. I read the rules and participated accordingly. Change your home point to somewhere in Russia and review Russian nominations within the event to receive rewards. Later they changed it to just A Russian nomination. Not 1 agreement, not 200 agreements with 8 hours daily of review time... No. It was 1 review of 1 nomination in Russia with your home point set to Russian before June 16th. I did well over 10 Russian Nominations myself before June 16th, I got a mix of nominations from my state and from Russia, and I did not receive rewards. I don't think that's at all fair, and I'm tired of reading these high-horse comments about this problem.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

15 minutes of work? More like 5! The Wayfarer test is way too easy, setting your location takes 5 seconds and reviewing two russian nominations also took less than two minutes. A friend made three reviews and recieved the rewards.

Honestly, I do get that crying about not getting the rewards when you did a lot of reviews is totally correct. But getting 1000 agreements really takes a while. Getting those 10 Upgrades for almost no work was great, but pretty overpowered. I mean, me and three friends took an area from nothing to a perfect little cluster:

(Pokemon Go Screenshot is not showing all of the new PokeStops/Gyms)

The only one of the four players involved who actively uses Wayfarer is me. And I did the planning for the submissions/wrote the texts.

Most of the players complaining about not getting the rewards are players that never commented anything else here. Mist likely alt Accounts or players Who gave their Account to someone else. So such events really support abusing (multi-accounting/Account sharing) whats not a good thing in total. However, Niantic is making money with the Portal-Network. So more Wayspots are positive for players and Niantic.

At the end, I do understand the complains, but I would not understand those "5-minute-wayfarers" now complainig about not getting rewards.

• sophielab-INGsophielab-ING Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭

I reviewed close to 800 to 1,000 in that same time period. (I was finishing double oynx recon.) I choose not to participate. I don't have an issue with people who actually helped reach the actual goal receiving the reward because they are entitled to the advertised reward but I believe the advertisement is worded in such a way that you need to review Russian wayspots after the event begins and before the goal is reached.

I also see that the article has chosen to use the word collective rather than collaborative which means something different.

I think a lot of players joined this after the rewards were secured. Given that an upgrade is a prioritization in the system, the more priority nominations there are in the system the less they are actual priorities. The last minute joiners are attempting to deprive those who participated in good faith of their rewards by making the upgrades take significantly longer if they ever get resolved.

• LordEmperorRed-PGOLordEmperorRed-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Fortunately it doesn't matter how you "feel". You are just gaslighting the issue.

Niantic's requirements to get rewards for this event were "set your home location in Russia" and "review waypoints during the event".

That's it. To have them renege on the rewards after the event destroys all trust. There's no reason to ever review a waypoint again or to join another wayfarer challenge event again in the future because Niantic has proved they are willing to just not fulfill their end of the deal.

• AyVeeEye-PGOAyVeeEye-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

Yeah I also wouldn't feel good if I reviewed a bunch for rewards and someone with only 3 or so reviews got that very same rewards. However, this is not about you and your reviews, this is about Niantic keeping their word and giving the people what they are due. A lot of us have been reviewing just to improve the game. We joined this challenge to help out and ofcourse we want the rewards promised and why shouldn't we get them? This kind of comments is the reason Niantic can just sweep things under the rug. Since they have their puppets who are loyal to them.