St. Cloud Abuse Update 5

2»

Comments

• 2xTuna-PGO2xTuna-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

Thank you my friend, I am also happy to see different approaches and especially those who try to be objective despite everything that is happening around.

Totally agree with you that the final goal of most players is to do good and not bad. We all can get too emotional sometimes because of the game / community (which shows that we care), but we have to remember that reality is different from the virtual (and amazing) world of the pokemons, and if someone must get upset about something - it better be about raiding 50 Dialgas until the shiny one (and btw, where is my d#$% red Cranidos ?!!)

Wonderful words from your side, I also wish good and quiet night to every trainer out there.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

Not defaming anyone, they're defaming themselves. But this is the 5TH report!!! I'm sure you would be frustrated if the universal welcome sign kept popping up 5 times from the same submitter and that submitter targeted you and threatened you.

Did you miss the part where they are accusing the OP, making false statements and doxing his location that is irrelevant and needs no place in this forum?

I want to add that I along others have forwarded reviews from St. Cloud that on the surface look innocent. Only problem is that they are 20m blocked (correctly placed)... Later to find out it was approved at a very far away, miles away. If that's not blatant abuse, I dk what is.

• LiveFreeorCatch-PGOLiveFreeorCatch-PGO Posts: 46 ✭✭

I have a passion in this game just as you do. I am open to conversations and I was just stating a fact. I do have opinions and views, and they do evolve and change over time. I have actually learned a lot here and have a applied many of what you and others have shared and now practice.

i really hope we can all move foreword and really come together. Passions are high and feelings are raw.

We can all do better

peace and love

• SC2RFLOC-PGOSC2RFLOC-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Here's a thought... These stops were put here so that I could continue to play.

I was very active in the game. Going out twice a day for three to four hours at a time. Then... life happened.

I was battered by my ex-husband and can no longer drive. I barely walk. They were put there so that I could continue to play at least a little bit. So yes, I will fight for the one gym and one Pokestop in my reach.

So my final thoughts... If they do not agree with standards, take them. I don't care anymore and it's just not worth it.

It's a game not reality!!!

• AisforAndis-INGAisforAndis-ING Posts: 1,072 Ambassador

They were put there so that I could continue to play at least a little bit.

Thank you for admitting that you conspired with the abusers to get these stops put here. Really should make things easier for when Niantic investigates.

• SC2RFLOC-PGOSC2RFLOC-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

I didn't admit to conspiring about anything. I said they were put there for me. I mentioned in the group that I would be leaving the game because of my health. A few of them private messaged me and I told them why I was leaving. The next thing I know.... Poof, a gym and a stop.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I am sorry for your circumstances, but that is no excuse to keep fake and invalid Wayspots or to **** and defame someone reporting them.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Niantic doesn’t take real action (and it’s already been six months!) on the main accounts and not just the alts (I 100% guarantee they have the data on who is benefitting from this fraud; those are the ones who are committing it), then this will be the tip of the spear. More and more areas will organize as St Cloud has done to turn the game to their personal convenience instead of the general welfare and Niantic will be completely out of control. There are plenty of people reading this thread and enjoying popcorn, and some of them are taking notes on how to do it for themselves, and how feeble the consequences have been for the others who have done it.

• 2xTuna-PGO2xTuna-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

Why not express some empathy towards a player who may have been abused in the family?

I completely do not justify any abuse in the system, but it is allowed to show some feelings and pain for the other. I take into account that this may not be a true story (although I find it hard to believe why someone would lie about such a thing), but in any case i'm a reviewer here and i feel very sorry for this poor player. Again, that does not justify anything and it is up to Niantic to find out and fix any misuse of the system, but one can still show empathy and sorrow for the poor woman who went through such a terrible thing.. It's a game, we're not robots. I'm sorry if I sound emotional, but it hurts me a lot to hear about violence against women.

@SC2RFLOC-PGO My heart is with you. Feel good, recover and do not take anything too seriously. It's really just a game after all.

• LiveFreeorCatch-PGOLiveFreeorCatch-PGO Posts: 46 ✭✭

@2xTuna-PGO you are truly a good person and I wish you all the best We need more people like you in the world

Me on the other hand have never participated in any of the allegations that the OP has accused me of. If you want to use something I said 6 months ago or 1 years ago that is not where I am at this moment.

Last week a very dear friend of our community passed from a long battle with cancer. This person was very dear and important to our community and it was sad to see our friend suffer. I myself have been battling cancer and have started my third treatment of chemotherapy. I hope that this it will work but I am doubtful. I hope and pray no one has to go through the pain that I have been going through the past few year. Did I really want to put this out here, No. Do I know people will dislike my post and still accuse me of something I never did. Probably. However it puts a lot of things in perspective and this just a game. I stand by all my post on unity and understanding.

@AisforAndis-ING my openness to chat and move foreword will always be open while I’m still here on this earth. It appears you know who I am. The best way to build rapport and bridges is just to keep the lines of communication open and for someone to be at least be willing to listen.

i also hope that this post overall will finally bring closure from all parties.

I love you all and wish all of you (everyone) the best in life future and endeavors

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Similar abuse is already happening, all over the place. I've experienced it personally (my own experience has been very similar to Andis', which is why I'm so interested in his posts on this continued case). People who keep track with what's happening on the Invalid Wayspot Appeal forum will also notice that obvious comments from alt accounts, and coordinated attacks from multiple users on a report thread, happen from time to time. I really do wonder if there's a worldwide Discord server where different abusers collaborate and share information and techniques. I have absolutely no doubt that there are people taking notes off this forum for their own use.

Niantic's responses to most if not all these cases have, extensively, been extremely lackluster.

• BleedBoss-PGOBleedBoss-PGO Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

Man, i'm loving this thread. @AisforAndis-ING i'm honestly sincerely sorry that i got so carried away in a previous post of yours, that lead it to getting closed. This is by far the BEST thread on this forum, with all the twists and turns and the dimension this has reached.

May you always continue to find abuse, and report it adequately. One can only hope Niantic collaborates with you in this, but i'm rooting for you man!

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are plenty of places online where people with illnesses or life difficulties can get virtual hugs and thoughts and prayers up the yin yang.

There is absolutely no justification for anybody playing these cards in an abuse thread on the Wayfarer Community.

Friends and supporters could have arranged permission to paint murals in public areas, or commissioned a dedication plaque if the stories are even true.

What did they do? Cheat, connive, conspire, troll, dox, harangue and then lie about it.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

This entire thread and the St. Cloud abuse chronicle gives me a headache, and I'm sure it gives Niantic a headache as well. If reviewers spent the same amount of effort in time in collating this abuse by reviewing in this area and letting the weight of their diligent reviewing speak for themselves, these would not go through in the first instance.

If there is trend that people are creating and levelling up accounts to eventually be Wayfarer-worthy and vote up their own local nominations in that area, then perhaps that is the core issue worth looking into. To make it so easy to pass these abusive nominations and do the actions needed to get them approved so far away from their original location is the system's vulnerability.

I share the same sentiment with SilverLyra, I really do wonder if there really is an overencompassing Discord server that collaborate together with abuse. Chances are, there is. And by pushing the limits and boundaries through experimentation and observation and reading all these, it seems... easy enough to directly influence it with ease.

Responses are very much a slap on the wrist and a bandaid solution. Reverse a couple of weeks' work of abuse, back to tip-top shape in no time, business as usual. Reminds me of that thread where every wayspot was precisely placed in the middle of each individual cell somewhere in Asia.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Count myself in. I was once reported a cluster here in this forum and you guys probably know the rest.

Well @NianticGiffard , which card will you play now? Just closing this thread and taking little action to those abusers will only make this problem longer.

• BleedBoss-PGOBleedBoss-PGO Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be honest, it's only a headache if you CARE. Guess who's getting the headaches, and then try to guess the company that gets no headaches because the only thing they care about is money (and money cures headaches 😂).

This discussion has been closed.