Didn't Receive any Rewards? Let's Try to Figure Out this Potential Glitch

2»

Comments

• markaIIen-PGOmarkaIIen-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

Is Moscow not part of Russia?

• jimbenning-PGOjimbenning-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

I like this thread, but I also think it's funny that we're the ones who have to figure out the glitch and not them. Thanks to everybody for providing concrete evidence that there is an issue.

• jpbritt-PGOjpbritt-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

@NianticGiffard , please help us. I understand there can be coding difficulties, and I empathize for the developers' efforts to get this fixed. We reviewers have put in the effort and done what was required. Please help however you can to make things right and just.

• Angelatini-PGOAngelatini-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

@NianticGiffard Please could you kindly ask the concerned team to look into my account again? I am 100% certain I did more than one Russian review while my home location was set to Moscow, during the Russian Challenge event period (I could see the event's green banner on Wayfarer). I understand that you are receiving many demands and complaints and because of that, there might be a delay in looking into my case. But I would really appreciate it. I am an active Wayfarer contributor and 10 upgrades really mean a lot to me.

• MatildaWolf-PGOMatildaWolf-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

It's been almost a week now and so far, everyone who has chimed in has set their location to Moscow. At this point, it would be really helpful to know if there was someone who didn't receive rewards and had set their location set to somewhere else in Russia.

I'm also really disappointed that Niantic apparently "looked" into our accounts and still saw nothing. Makes me wonder if they're actually looking or running our accounts through an eligibility checker that isn't giving correct results.

I know that it's a long shot, but I think it would be really helpful if @NianticGiffard would come to this discussion and specifically tell me (the OP of this discussion) why the eight Russian nominations I reviewed during the event didn't make me eligible for the rewards. If my account was genuinely looked at by an actual person and was deemed ineligible, I want to know why. Are the Russian nominations not showing up at all in my history? Does the system say that I reviewed them too late despite the fact I reviewed them during the event period? Could it be a time conversion issue? If you would relay that information, it would help settle the matter much more efficiently rather than saying "Rewards have been rolled out to eligible accounts." since all that does is make us Wayfinders angry because we're basically being called liars.

• Davejjjjj-INGDavejjjjj-ING Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

Very bizarre situation that makes no sense. There is clear evidence that people should qualify for rewards and yet Niantic finds nothing.

I'm suspecting bugs in Niantic system in particular cells, if those that reviewed Moscow don't get rewards. Possibly explains limbo areas where reviews don't register and everything slows down.

• markaIIen-PGOmarkaIIen-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

@NianticGiffard nothing to say regarding this thread? Your "clarification" is incorrect. We followed the rules of the promo, devoted our time and effort(free labor for you, yay) and still nothing!

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine speculated that the people who did not receive rewards might have only reviewed honeypots. The honeypots would have showed up early before actual nominations, and would possibly be the only things available to review in moscow is the majority of wayspots nominations in the moscow area were already evaluated. Especially if most of the wayspots seen by rewardless reviewers were from Scanner Redacted.

So people who reviewed only a few russian wayspots or people who hopped onto moscow late and could only get honeypots due to wayspot nomination scarcity.

Could possibly also explain why @NianticGiffard has their hands tied about what they can tell us about players who did not receive rewards. Niantic does NOT like players figuring out their blackbox, so talking about honeypots causing a glitch could be a serious internal no-no.

• jimbenning-PGOjimbenning-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

I didn't set my location to Moscow, I believe I set it to Novosibirsk.

• LordEmperorRed-PGOLordEmperorRed-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

It's great that people are trying to figure this out. Lots of good ideas here.

However do not let it distract from the real issue. The requirement was to "set your home location in Russia" and "review waypoints during the event". There is no requirement for a quantity of reviews, for an agreement, to not fall for a honeypot or anything else. If you fulfilled the two conditions you are owed the rewards.

Do not let this go. Pursue it via every means you have available. Complain to Niantic, complain to Google/Apple, file a complain with your country's relevant government agency.

Niantic will pay one way or the other.

• MatildaWolf-PGOMatildaWolf-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

I hadn't thought of the possibility of them being all honeypots. If I can remember correctly, only one of the eight I reviewed were from Scanner Redacted; but the rest of them were obvious duplicates, 1*, or 5*. And the only one I gave 5* to was within 20 meters of an already existing Wayspot; so I'm wondering if that one didn't count since it wouldn't ever show up in Niantic's database.

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

I could see Niantic only looking at the newly created wayspots for their rewards check and seeing who reviewed them, and then ignoring dupes, rejections, and 20m ones.

• iamgroot960-PGOiamgroot960-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Just to contribute here: I saw someone mention that the rating may have something to do with getting rewards. I’m here to say that I can confirm with 2 separate people who were in the “poor” rating, that they did in fact did get rewards.

• Minarina76-PGOMinarina76-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

Changed my main location to Moscow, reviewed a single waypoint, great rating, not using wayfarer +. Have not recieved any rewards.

At this point I think the only thing they can do is either this radiosilence thing which will leave a sour taste or they can open a thread were people can sign up for being reviewed for eligability. Tbh at this point all they would have to do is look if people changed their home location to Russia during the time frame, that would solve most of the cases.

For the rest more thorough investigating would be needed.

But if you offer rewards, its your responsibility to make sure people who are eligable get them, if you think of this logically, what is easier to do, change location and review a waypoint, or post on forums endlessly trying to get answers.

Another way to look at it is, so perhaps someone who wasnt eligable gets a reward, but the bad look of the current state is a much greater cost to your company.

You know what the right thing to do is. Why not just do it?

• Koger915-PGOKoger915-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

I got an upgrade around the time of rewards but it was from me making it to 100%. Anyone else have that happen? Wonder if that caused issues

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

For what it's worth, a friend of mine set his location to Moscow and reviewed around 10 Russian wayspots on June 12th, and whilst he didn't receive rewards in the initial rollout, he *did* receive them when Niantic took another look due to the vague wording of the eligibility requirements (he hadn't commented on here). He's in great standing as a Wayfarer. I'm hoping that this information may help you in your quest to figure out what's gone wrong (I only brought it up as I noticed a lot of talk about Moscow).

• kitasue-PGOkitasue-PGO Posts: 1

Joined partway through, set my location to Moskva, reviewed one nomination. Nada.