Braveheart says you need to give us our Russia Wayfarer Rewards and Stop Closing Threads

Comments

• ElPokematico101-PGOElPokematico101-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

@NianticGiffard You obviously don't understand. Plenty of us showed you proof and all you can say is "I am sorry" and "we might give it another look"? What a joke.

• BagpiperKevin-PGOBagpiperKevin-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

@NianticGiffard I reviewed a bunch of Russian nominations during the event after setting my hometown to Russia, and I never received any rewards.

• 66fran-PGO66fran-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I too have not received the rewards as indicated by others above. I logged tickets via support in game, which have since been closed without being resolved. Please advise when the advertised rewards will be issued.

• FeThorn-INGFeThorn-ING Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Normally I don’t have many issues with niantic...but this is totally unacceptable. If they won’t bother to listen, we’ll just have to make our grievances impossible to ignore it seems.

#VivaLaResistance

• Embrio1970-PGOEmbrio1970-PGO Posts: 45 ✭✭

@NianticGiffard

Still no Upgrades or Rewards.

HOME-Location changed to Moscow, during event. Reviewed numerous waypoints from Russia DURING event.

This is absurd!

Give us at least our upgrades! Don't care about the ingame rewards!

With this upgrades we would improve the playability of ALL YOUR games. Ingress, PoGo, HPWU and at least your Database to offer for other Games/Developers... Sorry, i just don't get it🤷‍♂️

• Traell3-PGOTraell3-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭

Same still no reward despite having home location in Russia (Moscow) and review 20+ submissions there.

I am done with wayfarer

• LfcVish1-PGOLfcVish1-PGO Posts: 41 ✭✭

vive le resistance

• Larrodactyl-PGOLarrodactyl-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

One month on, still no rewards.

• fruitboomgaard-PGOfruitboomgaard-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

This is really remarkable to say the least @NianticGiffard

You ask us "are you sure you are eligible?", then we post the evidence, and you just shut the thread down..

This is really embarassing, please do us (and your reputation) a pleasure by just fixing it

• TrnrJelle-PGOTrnrJelle-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

Still waiting...

• Joez4000-PGOJoez4000-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

This is pitiful. Have some integrity and give out the rewards you said you were going to.

• jimbenning-PGOjimbenning-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

@NianticGiffard Still waiting on the rewards! Hope you'll do the right thing. FWIW this incentive made me go from ~50 reviews to ~350 reviews in a month, and I would probably have done more. However I am going to stop now as I don't see a reason to continue doing wayfarer if the contract of trust is continually breached.

• SteveJobs969-PGOSteveJobs969-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Lol is Niantic mass gaslighting us?

• LordEmperorRed-PGOLordEmperorRed-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Hey everyone. I opened a support chat with Google and they directed me to use this form to lodge a complaint against Niantic: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/contact/takedown?fl=0

For anyone uncertain, here is how I filled out the form including my 1000 character complaint.

Name [Your name]

Application package name * com.nianticlabs.pokemongo

Reason for flagging Other objection

Please explain briefly why you flagged the app

Niantic Labs, the developer of Pokemon Go, reneged on a promotion ran under their Wayfarer program called "The Russia Wayfarer Challenge".

On May 27 2021, Niantic publicly posted a promotion that if reviewers in their Wayfarer program "set your home location within Russia" and "review at least one waypoint within Russia" they would be entitled to certain rewards in Wayfarer, Pokemon Go and Ingress.

Pokémon GO: 100 Pokéballs, 2 Super Incubators, 2 Incense, 2 Premium Raid Pass, and 10 Wayfarer Upgrades

As of today, Niantic has not fulfilled on this promise and qualifying users like myself have not been granted the rewards.

This has been covered on MassivelyOP, Reddit and Niantic's own forum where they have stated that there will be no more rewards for this promotion.

https://massivelyop.com/2021/07/23/pokemon-go-reneges-on-rewards-after-russian-players-achieve-companys-goal/

I would like to lodge a complain against Niantic for acting in bad faith and reneging on this agreement.

Attach a screenshot to help troubleshoot your issue [I used a screenshot of NianticGiffard's "final" post about this]

Is the application still available on Google Play? Yes

Location [Your country]

Link to app in Play Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pok%C3%A9mon-go/id1094591345

• LfcVish1-PGOLfcVish1-PGO Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

Thank you .

ive complained about these ****

Post edited by Basslord808-ING on
  • fruitboomgaard-PGOfruitboomgaard-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

The strange thing is, a friend group im in (11 peope) did the exact same things on the exact same date.

We alle took the exact same location in Moscow, and reviewed the same 10+- stops, on the same day.

Surprisingly, 7 out of 11 got the rewards, the other 4 "did not participate"...

• FinalJudgmentZX-PGOFinalJudgmentZX-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

I agree with the no name calling. I usually find that it takes away from the actual argument, so I refrain from it usually. With that said...

...your comment made a LOT of sense. The thing is, a lot of what Niantic does makes NO sense... and yes I realize Giffard is probably the unfortunate scapegoat in all of this though unable to actually bring about the change we desire. While I do sympathize with him on a very, very small scale, I'd have to say that the company has taken so much from us (our time, our money, etc.) and as much as it's easy for someone to just say "hey then don't participate/play" it won't stop them from doing the same things over and over again to the rest of the people who will still partake. Companies like Blizzard actually take time and listen to our concerns and criticisms (usually), so what's the problem with a billion dollar company like Niantic? They've had every opportunity to really dig deep and take a look at their issues, yet they continue as if nothing happened, making some 50% effort fixes that clearly demonstrate they don't care. They're more likely to close a thread without warning than they are to bring about actual, meaningful change.

Wayfarer should be an enjoyable experience, not a simulation of an unpaid job our parents forced us to do to "learn things". We don't always need compensation for the things we do, but best believe if you advertise rewards you should choose your words carefully because if you don't it'll end up like the fiasco it is now. If they actually fixed this broken system and were more transparent throughout the process, maybe a lot of these things wouldn't happen. Sure, easier said than done... but they have the funds... they just need the drive to do it, which they haven't shown.

• ElPokematico101-PGOElPokematico101-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

This is ridiculous. Post "clarification" and immediately close the thread lol. Either nothing has been reviewed or more lies. Plenty of people had shown evidence of our reviews during the event. I stopped reviewing completely the day Niantic didn't give out the rewards.

@NianticGiffard @AnsonNIA-PGO

• bilde2910bilde2910 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

This is the kind of thing that I'm looking for. You mention that you all reviewed in Moscow, and you all reviewed a relatively small number of nominations from there. The unofficial Wayfarer discord group posted several examples during the event that they unearthed Redacted-era nominations in Moscow, which strongly indicates that the time to resolution for submissions in Moscow is very long.

If you reviewed a small number of nominations, it's possible that none of them cleared the vote until after Niantic did their last "check" of the database. They might have resolved by now, but they could all still have been in voting when that check was done. Even if you're actively coordinating, the chances that you all reviewed the exact same nominations are extremely slim. It's enough that you reviewed most of the same nominations, but had a single one or small handful that differed. That single one might have been accepted during, or in the few days following the conclusion of the event. That could have been enough to flag you as eligible for the rewards, while four of you weren't so lucky.

My theory is that:

1. Event concluded. By this time, some number of your friends group had already earned an agreement.
    2. Rewards are rolled out to those who got an agreement.
    3. Niantic caves to community pressure and changes the criteria to also reward people who didn't get an agreement during the event. However, Niantic has no way to actually check timestamps of reviews, meaning fulfillment of rewards by this criterion is impossible. This could have been damage control/a decision that was hastily made before they realized that it would actually be impossible to fulfill.
    4. Niantic does a second check for new agreements a few days after the conclusion of the event. More people will have gotten an agreement by now, even if they didn't manage to get one before the conclusion of the event.
    5. This second check then triggers rewards for those people who have by now gotten agreements for wayspots in Russia, but hadn't gotten one by the time the event ended. By this point, there are still some people who haven't received their rewards, because all of their reviewed nominations are still in review, meaning no agreements were caught in the second check.

Niantic can keep doing checks for new agreements, but the longer they wait, the higher the chances are that they start rewarding people who didn't participate in the event, and only started reviewing after its conclusion, in low traffic/rapid resolution areas. Those people's agreements are now coming in, and will soon make up a majority of agreements.

At some point, Niantic decided that they can no longer issue rewards, because agreements caused in part by event reviews from slow areas become drowned out by agreements coming in from fast areas.

This is all just speculation. But if this is true, people who are still missing their rewards would likely be people who

• Only reviewed in a very slow turnaround area, such as Moscow or other major cities, AND ALSO
    • Reviewed so few wayspots that none of them reached a resolution by the time Niantic stopped checking for agreements

Now this isn't a perfect theory, and it doesn't account for the apparent lack of reports of false positives (rewards issued to people who should not have gotten them) that we should have seen from Russian reviewers in the aftermath of the event if this was true. But it's the closest I can come to an explanation that makes sense, and I can see a clear sequence of events that would lead to the described scenario happening.