Why this was rejected?

What i do wrong with this? It was rejected cause it was on privat ground. Did i write to much and detailed? How can i prove this is not on private ground? My picture show the street, the wall and the two houses left and right, google maps show them too.

Comments

• Phate4569-PGOPhate4569-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

"two houses left and right"

Is that wall, or the yard behind it owned by those two houses? If so then yes, it is on private ground.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Private property would mean anything for single residential property

• xAsharax-PGOxAsharax-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

The street and the side walks on both sides of the street dont belong to privat ground. Pictures and walls and paintings on garage doors normally get a pokestop if they can been seen from street and they belong to private ground too? I dont understand why nomination was rejected and they not. And i also dont know that i can do to improve this wayspot.^^

"I dont understand why nomination was rejected and they not."

Ineligible and questionable nominations slip through the cracks all of the time, peer review is an imperfect system.

In all honesty that probably should not be a POI. Any POI can become a gym. If 20+ people gathered in this area for a raid train it would inconvenience the property owners, and it doesn't look like there is that much room on the sidewalk.

Additionally, a quick google search says "Der Homberger Hof" is a hotel? Hotels are ineligible also.

As for improving it I don't know what you can do. The most fool-proof method would be to buy the property and turn it into a public non-hotel business, but that would be an absurd measure.

• ElPortalDeNorbe-PGOElPortalDeNorbe-PGO Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

Those walls where it is, have all the indications of being a private property. Although it is visible on the street, they belong to the property.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a few little notes.

1) Whether Waypoint becomes a gym or not is not relevant when reviewing Waypoints!

2) Hotels (and walls that are part of it) can(!) be eligible as those are not single family private residence.

The problem with peer review is that it doesn't actually matter what the rules are, it matters what the reviewers THINK the rules are.

The people here on the forum are a tiny percentage of actual reviewers. So thinking like the people here and just following rules is a waste of time and nomination.

I know a lot of people locally think in Pokemon Go terms, they think about if a large group of people can gather around the spot (like a gym in a raid train, or some event). Because of this I know a submission in an area where a lot of people can not gather is likely a waste of my time and queue. Maybe this is a local phenomenon, I don't know.

Also "Hotels are invalid" is one of those (incorrect) common knowledge rules. Enough people believe it is a real rule that it is actually a rule you need to take into account, regardless of anything stated by Niantic.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

In short, you stated incorrect (local!) assumptions as facts? Please, don't do that in the future or at least make the distinction clear.

"Locally many reviewers seem to think hotels automatically ineligible" instead of "hotels are ineligible".

--

@xasharax-PGO If the Homburger Hof is actually a hotel in a historical (preserved?) location, make it clear for reviewers. As you can read from the replies it looks like a wall of private residence.

Support photo from direction that shows the small information board by the gate?

Also, in my experience, more people read the description area, less people bother with support text. Move some of the info there?

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

The wall and sidewalk near a house are considered part of its private property. All Niantic games interact with a 40 meter diameter. As examples, Pokemon spawn, or deploying resonators.