Russia Wayfarer Challenge Rewards Clarification discussion thread

Comments

• Denngar-PGODenngar-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

Anyone who did NOT receive their reward have evidence that they participated? (like having their home/bonus set to Russia and reviewed something during the promotional period)

• Koger915-PGOKoger915-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

I don’t have any add-ons to prove it, but I reviewed poi in Russia. **** you niantic.

• Pushkar379-PGOPushkar379-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

I also reviewed the nomination via bonus location and I didn't recieved any rewards. That's exploitation .

• PawnInGame-PGOPawnInGame-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

I reviewed around 10 nominations and received nothing other than some upgrades. Thanks, I guess?

• Ewcalypt-PGOEwcalypt-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

I set my home location to Russia, I also reviewed about 15 or so submissions during the time frame. I have received absolutely Zilch from Niantic. No in game rewards, no upgrades on my wayfarer account.

This is absolute BS from Niantic, they are flat out lying to their customers and hoping we wont argue with them about it.

They seriously need to acknowledge they've screwed up. This has left a sour taste in my mouth and I wont be participating in any challenges going forward, nor will I be spending money on any of their games.

• Denngar-PGODenngar-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

what do you mean by some upgrades? Something beyond the promised rewards?

• Meggilu-PGOMeggilu-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭

I reviewed Russian spots for the event, I know I did. And I live in the US so I know I had my home point changed to even have them pop up. I didn't have the Wayfarer plug-in at the time so I don't have that proof. I only learned about it after we were all having problems getting our rewards. The proof I do have is my browser history with a reddit post about the challenge and me immediately going to the wayfarer site. This was on June 13th. On June 13th I also have a google translate in my browser history where I looked up a Russian translation which brings me here - https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ДП. This is all I have. I don't understand why I'm not showing up as even participating during the event when I promise you I did. Could it be that I'm a relatively new member who joined Wayfarer in May? I also decline whatever that is that pops up at the bottom of the site sometimes? Lol Idk! I feel so discouraged and even insulted. Please next time you have a challenge be more thorough in your planning and execution. This is such a bummer. This was my first time doing a Wayfarer challenge and I don't think it's worth participating in them anymore.

• PrincessbearH27-PGOPrincessbearH27-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭

I didn’t get mine either I’m frustrated and kind overall pissed and feel like they are calling me a liar!

• Keklar-PGOKeklar-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I reviewed Russian POI and still never got anything. Keep working to fix your mistake by delivering more rewards.

• Embrio1970-PGOEmbrio1970-PGO Posts: 45 ✭✭

Lol,

What a Joke Niantic.

If planned - GGWP! Respect!

Unfortunately i don't think it was intended😔The large number of appeals proves, that their database seems to be corrupt. So - no chance, that Niantic will be able to check it again. On the other hand, everybody with a 3rd Party- Plugin for Wayfarer can prove it. Don't get it, why Niantic here "can't check, if eligible/ is not eligible"...

There is and never was a consistent behaviour from Niantic, regarding 3rd-Party Software. Look at all the spoofers. ATM it seems, that the number of spoofers is at a Level, that don't brings more Profit. So they ban a couple of hundreds Acc, just to say "Look, community! We are doing something about spoofers.." - Best indicator/proof: First they take the money from them for the GoFest and then banning them. Knowing, they will made new Acc or already having them. Seems that the number is reaching some kind of "critical mass", that Niantic will not/ can't handle anymore.

The whole system is near at a point, where it will collapse soon, if Niantic is not willing to invest in their infrastructure...

Speaking to YOU Niantic: Nice, that you breaked the 6B, congrats for that work. Nobody else could do it, with so little effort, like you. Little hint: it's not all about your shareholders!- with departure of your users/ costumers, the shareholders will "let you fall, like a hot potatoe". The lack of knowledge what the customers realy want/ need and the implementation of things, nobody wants and that have nothing to do with Pokémon, is ridiculous. + EVERY Update brings new Bugs. (Don't you have a Testbed, to prior Test your Software, before releasing?)

tldr;

Niantic is unable to proof who is eligible and who not. Their Database seems to be corrupt(ed). Need to invest more in servers/infrastructure.

Personal conclusion: NO more reviews, ever. (Already stopped on day3, when no upgrades came.)

• ftzzghzuhdidu-INGftzzghzuhdidu-ING Posts: 391 ✭✭✭

Me and at least one other Reviewer in my city haven't received anything... Kinda sad, now I am at fault for convincing someone to try the reviewing game and them not getting what was promised.

• jimbenning-PGOjimbenning-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

lmao countless proof posted by multiple users here savvy enough to save evidence, and niantic still thinks their database is fine and nothing is wrong with it and we're wrong. cool. masterclass in public relations!

• LordEmperorRed-PGOLordEmperorRed-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Liars, cheats and swindlers.

If anyone has the means to bring legal recourse against Niantic, count me in.