Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

New Nominations not showing up in Wayfarer, no email confirmations

Thread in General Discussion: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/20977/nomination-has-disappeared-into-the-ether?

I made 2 new nominations today around 6:30pm ET. I did not get any confirmation, and they don't show up on my Wayfarer account. I recall this bug happening a long time ago, eventually it unlagged, but figured it might be worth bringing up since it seems to be happening intermittently today to more than a few folks.

23 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• WittawatTae-PGOWittawatTae-PGO Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

I also read before about this bug.

And this bug also happen to me. Nomination a POI ‘White Shrine’ in Pokémon GO since 6.30 AM UTC+7, open the game (on Battery Server mode) the whole time I shopped for groceries and walked back home around 1km from that POI, and it is 9.28 AM now with no notification e-mail yet, but nominations number is already deducted.

Then I try again at 7.51 AM on another POI, I got the e-mail & it appears on the list.

I wish the problem going to solve itself soon. I live in the red zone of COVID-19 with a lot infected cases, every time I going out to nominate is a risk.

[UPDATED] Summit ‘White Shrine’ again, now it is suddenly appear in the list.

Post edited by WittawatTae-PGO on
  • TrevorAlan-PGOTrevorAlan-PGO Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

My nomination "Hillsborough Community College District Board of Trustees Plaque" was submitted around 4:00PM EDT, without any meaningful description or supporting info text. Coords were roughly 27.968742265530945, -82.32841856464269. As of 11:20PM EDT I have not received an email confirmation nor has the nomination shown up on the wayfarer website. But it has spent my nomination in Pokémon Go.

• ShoopM-INGShoopM-ING Posts: 28 ✭✭✭

Same, three nominations about eight hours ago, using Pokemon Go. No mails, nor do they show in Wayfarer.

• SuspiciousGreg-PGOSuspiciousGreg-PGO Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

I submitted three nominations about 5-6 hours ago. Two showed up on Wayfarer, but nothing on the third, and it was the first one I submitted. PoGo shows that I submitted three…

• LTprincesstoes-PGOLTprincesstoes-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

I also submitted two nominations around 4 pm EST and never received a confirmation email nor are they in my nominations, however it still took my submissions off of my Pokémon go account.

• LethalCherryGal-PGOLethalCherryGal-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I nominated 'Buddha Image in Tree' around 10 hours ago in Pokemon GO, still has not got confirmation e-mail.

• TronReborn-INGTronReborn-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

I had this happen midday on 7/27. I resubmitted it again thinking something went wrong. Would love to get my nomination back that I wasted.

Still haven't seen the nomination. Submitted some photo edits on my walk to see if that would make anything appear. I got all the confirmations for edits of photos and title/description. But I still don't see my nomination on Wayfarer or a confirmation email.

• InvaderJ14-PGOInvaderJ14-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

I experienced the same thing on 7/27. Nominated a new POI, did not receive the confirmation email and it’s not showing up in my submissions list.

• sophielab-INGsophielab-ING Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭

Device. OS and version of pokemon go would be useful information. Any error message on screen?

• D4rkStar69-PGOD4rkStar69-PGO Posts: 1

I have the same problem and this is so frustrating. Yesterday (27 July) around 10 PM I submited one stop no PokeGO and nothing happend just took me a submicion. Today at 11 AM I submited something and apeared at Wayferer and reicived the email right away. 

This is so frostrating for people that mass submite thing and need the submissions.

Plz fix this.

• MightyGrelo-PGOMightyGrelo-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

I am having the same issue several users describe above - submitted several wayspots yesterday between 19 pm and about 2 am, haven't received either confirmation email or queued wayspots on Wayfinder. It's not related to the OS or device, because this morning I submitted a few more POIs and they already show up on Wayfarer.

I find this extremely frustrating because said POIs were in an extremely turistic and historically rich area (Roman ruins of Merida, Spain), and I actually spent some time of my vacations creating proper Photospheres in Street View to help the evaluation process.

Hope this issue gets solved soon.

• SuspiciousGreg-PGOSuspiciousGreg-PGO Posts: 16 ✭✭

It’s been about 24 hrs and still nothing. I don’t want to nominate anything else if there is a potential of wasting my few remaining nominations.

Same thing for me over 24 hours now

In-game support is utterly useless. After 12 hours waiting and over 30+ hours of my nomination missing, they gave me a canned response about how the "wayfarer process" works and how "each submission is manually reviewed by a community of Niantic players" Did not answer my question, did not address my concern. Closed the chat.

• MelloPL-PGOMelloPL-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Submitted “Chinar on the Island” as a nomination yesterday roughly at 4:00 pm EST-5. I too was surprised to find it not in my nominations 20 minutes later as I wanted to review the description and edit the details some. Checked email and got nothing but I was charged for the nomination in the setting menu. Now over a day later still nothing.

• ShoopM-INGShoopM-ING Posts: 28 ✭✭✭

Still nothing after 29 hours. Submitted Support in-app as instructed in the parent thread, and received a canned response bearing little resemblance to the problem.

Submitted another nomination via Ingress about 20 minutes ago and got the email already. It's not on Wayfarer yet, but that's normal.

I've given up on ingame support, they responded 3 times with just generic "baby's first wayfarer lesson" canned responses. And then on the last response just said they cant say anymore I can try to resubmit to "improve my nomination" as if I'm talking about it get rejected by voters...

Ingame chat support is no help and not the way to go.

• PikminAPD-PGOPikminAPD-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I submitted 2 stops 2 days ago and it used my 2 nominations in Pokémon GO but it’s not the wayfarer app and I didn’t get a email

• AnywhereButNJ-INGAnywhereButNJ-ING Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

Same issue for me submitting in ingress yesterday (7/27). I submitted one portal while out at the park in the afternoon and received an email a few minutes later at 2:27 pm UTC -4. I snapped photos of a few more potential submissions on my walk home, planning to submit remotely when I was back home. Submitted 2 more portals at home on wifi a little after 3 pm on 7/27, and although the submission ended with the usual confirmation screen, I never received a confirmation email or found them in my nominations list on the wayfarer website.

Now today (7/28) I used my last remaining nomination to make another submission. This time I received a confirmation email within a few minutes at 6:06 pm UTC -4. The nomination appeared in my list on the wayfarer website shortly after, directly above my first submission from yesterday (the only one I received a confirmation email for).

It seems the two other submissions I made yesterday have disappeared into the ether. The only evidence they ever existed is the fact that 2 nominations were deducted from my allotment. :/

• PenelopeLouise-INGPenelopeLouise-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

This also happened to me - I nominated three POIs at around 1am here in Gibraltar on Wednesday (11pm UTC on Tuesday). No email confirmations and not appearing in Wayfarer, but I’m minus three nominations available.

I made a nomination today and got an email confirmation and it has appeared in wayfarer already.

not sure where my other three nominations have vanished to!

• DocAngst-PGODocAngst-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

Three nominations submitted between 6PM and 7PM CDT on 7/27 (11PM - Midnight UTC); received "Thank you for your submission, you will receive an email" message in Pokemon Go. Over 72 hours later, still no email and the nominations are not appearing in Wayfarer. The nomination slots are missing from my available ones.

Still missing after almost 96 hours.

• pjwggptd-INGpjwggptd-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

I also don't see if it's been approved for 96 hours

It's been almost a week... No word?

• LadyMiyazaki-PGOLadyMiyazaki-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Three of four of my nominations from Tuesday, July 27 have yet to materialize under my submissions in Wayfarer. The one that did wasn't visible at all for 8 to 10 hours.

• AnywhereButNJ-INGAnywhereButNJ-ING Posts: 5 ✭✭

It's been a few hours shy of one week. The missing portal submissions from 7/27 have still not appeared in my list of wayfarer nominations. Additional portal submissions from 7/29 & 8/2 have gone through without any issues and are appearing in my list.

• Jonkathonk-PGOJonkathonk-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Submissions are still missing for me. I contacted the ingame chat help last week, they told me about my successful submissions and explained they hadn't been reviewed yet, which was not helpful. As for the missing ones from 7/26, they said they had escalated this report and the team would look into it. We shall see.

Creeping into day 10 now and no word.

• MightyGrelo-PGOMightyGrelo-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭

At least gives us some update on the status of the bug report.