Reviewers are not helping!!!

Hi Everyone,

Reviewers are meant to improve and enhance the overall game experience and the PokémonGo community, instead they're literally killing the game. At least take some time to review the nominations as most of us took weeks to earn an upgrade and boost the nomination. Recently, my nomination was rejected for reasons that literally shocked me. Bad reviewers are killing this game!!! Just think your role in this community and act accordingly rather than rejecting eligible nominations.

My request to all reviewers is that, take at least a minute to verify and if it's not an eligible one; reject. Reviewers should keep focus on adding more pokestops, not rejecting eligible ones.

Comments

• AsherTrolls-INGAsherTrolls-ING Posts: 23 ✭✭

What was your nomination?

Did you provide a photosphere if it wasn't showing on street view?

Did you explain why it was acceptable and what guidelines it follows?

Yes, there are some bad outputs sometimes but if everything got through then what would be the point of wayfarer.

Sometimes good POI submissions are caught in the bad POI net.

Hope this helped

• AkhilSekhar07-PGOAkhilSekhar07-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

I contacted the help desk and they said there's not enough reviewers and that's why it got rejected. Their initial reply said another reason. I guess people just reject everything, so that they can move forward and achieve that upgrade. So pathetic. Wayfarer is meant to approve eligible nominations, not to reject all of them. Go through the discussions, many people experience the same. Poor reviewing system. I don't know how they pass their first test 🤣

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

At this point, I think that it's safe to state that the help desk is totally useless with regards to Wayfarer.

@AkhilSekhar07-PGO If you want feedback about your nomination, please use the proper section: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/categories/nomination-improvement-advice

• VladDraco-PGOVladDraco-PGO Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭

Wayfarer project is to create (and monetize) an accurate "map of interesting locations across the globe" which can be sold or used to create apps or content.

It has nothing to do with PokemonGo, saying "Reviewers should keep focus on adding more pokestops" is a big misunderstanding of the purpose of waypoints.

• AkhilSekhar07-PGOAkhilSekhar07-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Yeah, I agree with the initial statement, but it has something to do with the game, since they also focus on adding their game contents via this. I guess most of the reviewers in this are basically PoGo players and due to that, the game has significant amount of importance. Most importantly, neglecting an eligible nomination for pure personal benefits is not at all appreciable.

Niantic Wayfarer agree more on rejections rather than acceptance. Almost 95%of my rejections were accepted my Niantic.

It's not about their agenda or anything. It's all about the game and it's progress. My point is that, "people simply reject nominations inorder to attain their upgrades" and since I live in a rural area and lack of reviewers will easily reject most of the nominations.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @AkhilSekhar07-PGO

firstly, if you have a problem with how people vote on your nomination, show us this nomination so we can tell you why it was rejected.

Also, reviewers are not there to accept everything that is submitted. It isnt just bad reviewers, it is mostly bad submitters that nominated something that isnt even in the "rulebook" of Niantic.

So, we are always happy to help you out but placing blank accusations into a room isnt helping at all.

• DEMARTIN0-PGODEMARTIN0-PGO Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭

I have to agree that reviewers seem to reject everything now and just hit any reason why. I have been level 50 since Feb 6 11:00am and I have reviewed over 17,500 and submitted a couple hundred things so I am not new to this. Lately I have had things like playgrounds, baseball fields and tennis courts in public parks rejected. And if I have one more community pool rejected I am going to lose it. People need to learn what is a good submission and what isnt and not just hit buttons to get their upgrades. If you don't know what qualifies look online it is not hard. If it is you should not be reviewing. This has become a total clown show.