INVALID WAYSPOT APPEAL

Title of the Wayspot: GAME ON!

City: CLIFTON

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to suppGort your claim:

Additional information:

"Game On!" no longer exists at this location; it's now "Final Turn Gaming". This is visible from Google satellite overhead view and the geotagged photo attached.

Tagged:

Comments

• SPsRaceto40-PGOSPsRaceto40-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

Curious why you didn't simply submit a name edit since gaming stores are eligible POI? Why remove?

• TheGateKeepr-INGTheGateKeepr-ING Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited August 2021

Because I have edits for portals that have been pending for months. It's a lot more efficient and accurate to report, remove, and submit the new location should someone want to do it. @SPsRaceto40-PGO

Post edited by TheGateKeepr-ING on
  • I agree with @SPsRaceto40-PGO - it's still a valid POI. Who cares what the name is? Leave it there for people to enjoy. The name will get changed eventually. You risk the chance of this becoming a dead cell, where someone cannot resubmit it.

• ScantLeopard336-INGScantLeopard336-ING Posts: 37 ✭✭

Both edits and submissions take months around here. It is neither efficient nor accurate to remove a POI that simply had its name changed. Be patient like the rest of us and wait for the title edit and a new photo to get approved.

Thanks everyone for your lively interest in this appeal and your input. It's clear there is more than one valid approach to handling this specific wayspot. However, the report I chose to file and appeal was "permanently removed from this location" so I think it would be more productive for those opposing to show how this wayspot is valid (if they should feel so) as opposed to telling others to report and/or file differently and wait it out.

edited August 2021

A great place to be social with others

A favorite gathering place for friends or strangers alike, where you can share a drink or meal, be entertained, or watch public life happen. Or something that draws us together to share an experience in a locally and culturally relevant way.

Examples of Wayspot categories

• Pavilions
    • Post Offices
    • Gaming/Comic stores
    • Libraries (including free little libraries on public spaces)
    • Parks and plazas
    • Fountains and water features
    • Famous transit stations
    • Popular restaurants
    • Favorite coffee shops

Great, then let's be productive. Per the Niantic criteria above, this wayspot falls in the "A great place to be social with others". I direct your attention to the third item on the list. This wayspot is, therefore, valid.

Great, then let's be productive. Per the Niantic criteria above, this wayspot falls in the "A great place to be social with others". I direct your attention to the third item on the list. This wayspot is, therefore, valid.

I think there's been an misunderstanding. No one is saying that gaming/comic stores are invalid. I am simply stating that this portal, Game On!, no longer exists and is "permanently removed from this location". The current company which happens to also be a gaming/comic store (Final Turn Gaming) is now at this location. This is not a simple name change by the previous owner: Final Turn Gaming is not affiliated with the previous owner as confirmed by the store itself (see attached).

• ElPokematico101-PGOElPokematico101-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

Why is the fact that it has been permanently removed being ignored completely? lol

@TheGateKeepr-ING you're good. That Wayspot clearly should be removed. Rules are rules.

"I think it would be more productive for those opposing to show how this wayspot is valid (if they should feel so)"

I did exactly that. There is no "misunderstanding". This is a gaming store. It still exists. It is an eligible waypoint. This should have been an edit, not a removal request.

@ElPokematico101-PGO - I'm curious where in the Niantic AMA "rules" it says to remove a valid POI for a name/ownership change. Would you please provide your source?

• ElPokematico101-PGOElPokematico101-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

You're making a case for the new store @SPsRaceto40-PGO being an eligible waypoint, which I half agree with. Regardless, that has nothing to do with GameOn being removed lol. The wayspot is GameOn, not the new store.

Which again, should have been an edit, not a removal. I have provided the Niantic criteria above that a gaming store is in fact, 100% eligible. Not sure why you are half agreeing with it. These are Niantic's guidelines, not mine.

I asked for a copy of the rules you referenced above because I am genuinely curious if such rules exist. If they do, please share them.

I mean, we can go back and forth on this all day. Ultimately, Niantic Wayfarer admins will make the final decision here.

Have a great day! :)

• Appeal Accepted - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We gave this a second look and after reviewing the additional evidence provided, we've decided to retire the Portal in question.