Rejected Nomination

Please enlighten me why this nomination is rejected TWICE. I fixed its name and description to be clear. Obviously away from the hospital and doesn't cause an obstruction.

Comments

• IIIROCIII-PGOIIIROCIII-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

I think it's a good place, I do not understand it.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

We routinely see appeals to remove Wayspots at or near hospitals. You probably got reviewers who misunderstand or are broadly interpreting "interfere with the operations of fire stations, police stations, and hospitals" to include any Wayspot nomination at a hospital.

• UllaHelen-PGOUllaHelen-PGO Posts: 82 ✭✭

You can try with a title not mentioning the hospital. Describe the fountain not the location where it is.

• Kuleisbjorn-PGOKuleisbjorn-PGO Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

Don't use "@" to substitute "at", it looks really bad imo, almost as bad as emojis, and those are instant rejections. I wouldn't be surprised if someone rejected your nomination for the "@" alone, but it's more likely that the Hospital is still problematic for reviewers. I agree with @UllaHelen-PGO regarding the rest of the title and description.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just call it a "Mini-fountain". Do not mention the word "Hospital" anywhere in the nomination.

• androgogika-INGandrogogika-ING Posts: 10 ✭✭

the hospital grounds are not the best place to apply. access may be restricted. A good player will immediately understand that these are hospitals and will reject the application. Trying to place a waypoint here is a violation of the rules

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

No it is not. This is in a residential area. Limited access is not a reason for rejection. It is nowhere close to the actual hospital, and even if it were, it would need to be in a location that interferes with emergency operations in order to be rejected for that reason.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

A hospital residential area is sensitive and not eligible. Leave people alone to recover - don't invite stranger gamers to invade their privacy.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see any reason to believe this area is housing for patients. It seems more likely to me that it's housing for employees or students. And even if it were for patients, it still wouldn't be sensitive or block emergency operations.

The one example that Niantic has consistently given for nominations at hospitals is that of "hospital gardens," which have been stated to be allowed as long as they don't interfere with emergency access. Merely being on the grounds of a hospital complex has never been a reason for rejection, and I don't recall seeing any indication of that being changed with the Wayfarer 3.1 criteria.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whilst its uncommon for myself and @Eneeoh-PGO to agree on a topic, I whole heartedly agree with their post above.

I've also spoken to health care professionals in my local area and they have also said exactly what they have said to Eneeoh and they like and endorse POI's in appropriate locations.

They promote exercise to move to the location, and can provide a welcome distraction / interest for both patients visitors and staff.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Think you are misinterpreting what a hospital residential area is. In the UK at least they are places where staff / students live, usually in tower blocks or rows of houses/flats. They are not sensitive areas or have recuperating patients in them.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

No one didn't notice that rejected nomination was come from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

I still wonder if Pokemon GO are now playable in Saudi Arabia, since the OP is logging into Wayfarer using Pokemon GO account.

• saroostar97-PGOsaroostar97-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

Even the most carefully crafted nomination is usually rejected. Especially if you upgrade it. In my experience, you usually have to resubmit something 2-3 times to get it passed (of you're lucky). There seem to be a lot of trolls the like to reject everything for false reasons.