Abusive wayspot location

henk23-INGhenk23-ING Posts: 35 ✭✭
edited July 2021 in Invalid Wayspot Appeals

In Hoogkarsel there is a wayspot located in the wrong spot, and since I came across another wrong location of the same type nearby while reviewing, it is clearly abuse of the system.

The wayspot which is in game is called: Wandelroute 82

Google location: https://www.google.com/maps/dir//52.697106,5.185056/@52.6971364,5.1147695,12z

City: Hoogkarspel

Proof:

It is now located at the red arrow, but as you can see the right location is at the black arrow.

Real location: 52.694223,5.169393

Comments

• henk23-INGhenk23-ING Posts: 35 ✭✭

The one I saw during review was "Wandelroute 78" and was located at the crossing of the streets Kamille & Dille, just a bit to the right of the wayspot in question (wandelroute 82). This one is really located at the Raadhuisplein, in the center of the image uploaded as proof for number 82. In the orange circle you can see that number 78 is there.

The one I saw during review, number 78, is placed at its true location now.

I see in Intel that number 82 is removed. Thanks.

• B00JL5YI7G-PGOB00JL5YI7G-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

Hi @henk23-ING

Why do you prioritize this post as many people wait for the results of the first round?

Why do you post directly without appealing?

@B00JL5YI7G-PGO I don't live nearby, so I cannot get to that location and report it in game. The site I posted as proof of location however is updated almost immediately if paths would change (and even then they prefer to change numbers instead of relocate the number).

• B00JL5YI7G-PGOB00JL5YI7G-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

Hi @henk23-ING

So why do you request deletion when there is an application page that will be moved immediately?

@B00JL5YI7G-PGO because in my opinion 82 didn't need to be moved, but sanctions against the submitter are in place for placing the marker around 1km away from the actual location, therefore also abusive in thread title.

Furthermore, 78 wasn't even live, but most certainly same submitter and therefore more reason to believe that both are on purpose placed in the wrong place (and maybe even create Pokéstops where they don't are, but in the right location they couldn't become a Pokéstop at all).

And don't get me wrong for being an Ingress player, but I certainly play more PoGo so would love more stops. But as I said, they need to be in the right place.

• Thanks for the report, @henk23-ING! We have reviewed the report and have taken action on the 2 Wayspots and the Wayfinder in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account.

Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.