PoGo Submitters You can review on wayfarer.

Goddess1974-INGGoddess1974-ING Posts: 217 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2021 in General Discussion

Countless threads on these forums stating " I can't submit button has disappeared "

Do some of you even know what wayfarer reviewing is and how it can help your submissions by upgrading them.

Need better communication from Niantic perhaps from in game news they could inform the entire player base of such changes in the future regarding the option to nominate that's a big feature to just take away especially for people that don't use these forums or social media.

Post edited by Goddess1974-ING on

Comments

• Purptacular-PGOPurptacular-PGO Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

I am a Pokemon Go submitter. I started submitting and reviewing in Wayfarer as soon as Pokemon Go players became eligible.

I agree that everyone submitting should also review, if that is the point you were trying to make. I have nominated 145 potential Wayspots and reviewed about 11,500 nominations. I feel like I should be doing at least 50 reviews, at a bare minimum, for every submission I make. I don't often have the time to review at that pace, so I rarely use up all of my 7 nominations.

I'm pretty impressed with the thought of Ingress players who devote enough time to reviewing to cover the vote load for their 14 nominations every two weeks.

• Goddess1974-INGGoddess1974-ING Posts: 217 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your help but your right it also falls under if people have the time.

I just feel that majority of PoGo submitters don't even know about reviewing.

I'm currently at 91,925 reviews 👍🏻

edited August 2021

Deleted

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

For one anyone that generally posts on here probably knows about the review process.

Your getting all riled up over people asking a legitamite question in these forums 😂😂

I posted on here to try and get an answer as to why the feature went missing. Not to get picked at about reviewing 🤦🏻

And like I’ll say again. There are some

nominations that are better left not being upgraded. I have a bunch of trail markers going through and I’m not going to upgrade them because its 1 not in a street view area, 2. In the local provincial park and 3. With those two things being said it is better for local reviewers to review them since they know the area.

stop with the attacks on specific games 🤷‍♂️

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't they just to wait longer? It's like, they can't live without nominating a Pokestop while they have things to do in either the game or the real life.

Besides, the team already stated that it will be returned at least August 25.

edited August 2021

Sorry everyone it just frustrates me and I shouldn't come on here putting it across like I am.

I like @jhenstridge-PGO comment Niantic don't communicate best they can in game.

Perhaps they can use the games in game news to tell the player base about important changes that will affect features and perhaps mention wayfarer there aswell and how reviewing if you so choose earn you upgrades.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish people would improve the quality of their grammar, spelling, and communication. Thinking processes and reading comprehension, too, while they’re at it.

If wishes were fishes we’d all have a fry….

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

personally i dont want people submit stuff. mostly it isnt good. most submitters need to learn alot, and if they dont care to read the manual, id prefer this to be "an elitist club".

I only see people get big eyes when i tell them about S2-Levels.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Purptacular-PGO You assume that most/many Ingress players submit 14 things every two weeks? Who has time for that? Who can even find that many legit candidates to submit?! Lifetime I've averaged two per month and over the last year I've submitted a total of nine. On average I've done 200 reviews for each thing that I submitted since OPR beta launched.

• tehstone-INGtehstone-ING Posts: 1,154 Ambassador

From the day nominations returned in Ingress until about the time Covid lockdowns started in the US I used every single nomination available like clockwork. This included all 14 from Prime + Redacted during that time, various bonus nominations given, and the nominations from Pokemon GO. For almost 2 years of that time, I maintained a shared google sheet that averaged over 100 identified nominations that had not yet been submitted and I coached 5 Pokemon Go players in my area through Ingress so they could submit many of them. Since Covid I have slowed but still use roughly half the nominations available to me each 2 week cycle and though I don't maintain a spreadsheet anymore I have a mental backlog of candidates I will some day go take photos of.

I realize I'm not the average case, but many of the active folks on the Wayfarer Discord maintain similar levels and have a backlog list that they work through each time their nominations again become available. There are lots of candidates out there for nomination, the more you look the more you find.

• AisforAndis-INGAisforAndis-ING Posts: 1,072 Ambassador

There are a large number of people, myself included, who can not only manage to properly use their 14 Ingress nominations every two weeks, but also their 7 PoGo nominations.

I explore new places frequently and always keep an eye out for things to submit. Simultaneously, I don't gatekeep what I think should be eligible based on personal bias and 5 year old OPR ideologies that no longer reflect the guidelines.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

Wow someone is way out of touch.

First of all, they didnt ssay most...

I'm pretty impressed with the thought of Ingress players who devote enough time to reviewing to cover the vote load for their 14 nominations every two weeks.

Second of all there are many who clear out their submissions every 13 days, not most but a lot. There's also very many devoted PoGo players that wish they had more than 7 per 2 weeks because their nomination list grows faster than they can submit. Remember not everyone lives in well seeded areas or areas well maintained during Ingress OPR days.

• Purptacular-PGOPurptacular-PGO Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭

@Hosette-ING I actually assume that very few Ingress players are involved with Wayfarer at all, and that many of those who do submit and review do so at a more moderate pace, as you do.

But I have definitely seen posts in this forum by Ingress players who talk about consistently using their 14 nominations. Assuming those players review with the same fervor, yes, I find that impressive.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador

When I first became eligible to submit nominations in Ingress, I polled my local Pokemon Go community to see if they had any candidates. Many of my early nominations were based on those suggestions as well as those I'd pre-conceived while leveling up. In the meantime, Pokemon Go got the ability to submit and review, level-ups to the eligible level became absurdly easy to obtain, and still I'm the most prolific submitter in my area. I routinely beg people to review, to little avail. When time allows I do make trips to outlying areas to explore and submit, but as the days grow shorter the opportunity will be less and I'll review more, proportionally.

I don't consider it mandatory to use all of my submissions every two weeks. Most Pokemon Go players in the area are level 38+ and can contribute as well as I can, but remaining candidates in my home area are fairly rare. I submit for the joy of exploration and the feeling that I'm leaving a legacy impact on the games I play, but it's not my primary job and it doesn't pay the bills. Family first, work second, gameplay third, submissions/reviews fourth. I like to keep things balanced.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic should have more gates in place.

For example, this forum should overtly alert users when there is a new official post in the news section. That way they would see right away that Niantic has attempted to communicate with them.

Also, nominations should be limited unless and until a nominator gets a certain number of decent reviews in under their belt. Not ‘you better do 50 reviews per nomination’* but ‘Okay, you’ve submitted 5 nominations, now in order to continue submitting, please pass the test and perform 10 good reviews to demonstrate understanding of the system.’ I’m certain this would not only limit the coal but also bring better awareness to legitimate nominators as to what reviewers are looking at and looking for to help them improve the quality of their submissions.

*I’m currently at 58 reviews per nomination. Yay?

Niantic should alert all submitters/reviewers directly and not rely on them coming to the forum for an alert. I'd guess that 90% or more of submitters and reviewers rarely or never look at the forum.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Until your local area has nothing more to review then you are stuck not being able to nominate or review. 🤦🏻

edited August 2021

@rodensteiner-ING Sure, point out the missing POI for me. (-: Here's a pin for you to start from, but I'll also provide some context. That portal is part of a mission called Old School Ingress: Jack London Square Memories. The description of the mission is "In January 2013, the second ever recognized Level 8 build took place at Jack London Square. Come walk in the footsteps of those pioneers, visiting the very same portals they made L8 when L8 was rare." I live in an area that's had a thriving Ingress community since late 2012 or early 2013 so it's pretty well saturated. In fact, the Niantic CEO commutes through here and I get attack notices from him occasionally.

Some people seem motivated by maximizing the number of wayspots in their area. That's not where my interests lie... I just submit things when I discover something sufficiently cool that I think, "Oh! I should submit that." Usually that's brand new street art in the neighborhood, which happens regularly since Oakland has a thriving community of mural artists and I live in the downtown urban area.

I think the majority of players of both Ingress and PoGo are like that. There are a very few hardcore submitters but most people either don't submit at all or they only do so rarely.

(Per @AisforAndis-ING's comment, I don't gatekeep... people can submit whatever they want. I just don't invest my time in submitting things things I don't find interesting.)