Relocate raidless pogo gym

I am sorry if I chose the wrong category, but this fitted best imho.

There is a gym in our town where not a single raid appears. A lot of players feel this as an injustice, less chance to catch raid bosses and also quite hard to make it golden without raids. We would be so happy if this gym could be downgraded to stop and promote another pokestop in this cell to a gym with raids. Like if it were a new gym selection procedure? There are enough eligable existing pokestops in this cell.

Or bring the raids back in this one of course.

Name of the gym: Kruidtuin South west gate

Location 50.877638,4.689080 (correct coordinates, nothing wrong with these)

City: Leuven

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the Wayspot location within the park? And if it's really a park, is there any other gyms in that park?

• Darr247-PGODarr247-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

We have one like that in our town... the property owner complained people were trashing the yard to get to the historical marker for a 100+year old dairy farm, so niantic's "solution" was to close the gym except from 8am to noon local on Saturdays. Guess what day the historical society has fund raising events there? Uh-huh... only on saturdays, which is when all the PoGO players also show up trying to take over the gym to get a week's worth of points toward gold, because once it shuts down for the week they can't get kicked out. I've talked to the owners about it and they said they asked for it to be removed, numerous times. Never seen any raids there, even when it's open on saturday mornings.

• DeBozeVoederaar-PGODeBozeVoederaar-PGO Posts: 21 ✭✭

Rumours have it that it was also neighbours complaining about people gathering. That there were raids once, but got shut off completely... I don't know for sure and I don't want neighbours to get angry, but when a cell has 20+ stops it would be a better solution to move the gym imho.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

The only thing you can do is ask the property owners to request removal using the proper form. Niantic doesn't downgrade gyms simply because there is a better option.

• Thanks for the appeal, @DeBozeVoederaar-PGO! Based on our research, the Pokéstop/Gym does not require any adjustments at this time.

• Johnsonsine-INGJohnsonsine-ING Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭

So, in conclusion: A bad solution for the property owners & a bad solution for PoGo players...? Seems like a lose-lose situation to me.

Oh, and yes, we have a similar gym in my area (Stjernen, 56.194993,10.206015) that Niantic won't remove even though the owners clearly do not want all the activity from us players there. As a result, the gym is now only 'open' 9 AM - 11 AM and on Mon-Fri only. No raids. Just... useless, really.

Glad I'm not the propterty owner there. I would sense the massive lack of respect from Niantic's side. Sorry, but... Really. Just remove it already. 😕