Nomination rejected?

This nomitation was rejected for private property or temporarily.

I made it myself, a lot of work and of curse is not temporarily, do you think is correct?

This is the google street view as you can see, the paint is not there (not updated) but you can see where it is

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

You made this yourself?

Firstly, stencil arts like the one you made are generally ineligible, mainly because of temporary (sometimes later will be erased or repainted). Then, the wall you drew that art, is that belong to someone's else property or not? Even if you said that's your house it'll still be rejected for PRP reason.

• DeDuckIsDees-INGDeDuckIsDees-ING Posts: 183 ✭✭✭

Both rejection reasons are correct.

• CipherBlakk-PGOCipherBlakk-PGO Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

Kudos for putting in the time and effort. It actually looks really nice. But yeah, if you made it yourself and it's intended to be permanent, I'm assuming it's on your property. Looks like a garage door?

• Chukybelfort-PGOChukybelfort-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

For real? So then all the painted murals in all places should be temporarily or not? And there are a lot of them in the game or what is the difference between that one and others?

So I should reject and report all the murals from now? Because maybe a person is living there and that should be abusive from him/her ? Sorry but I think that in that case

A lot of people came and appreciate the mural, also asks a lot if I made it and how I made it, yes it is in a garage door, but in the outside clearly

• DeDuckIsDees-INGDeDuckIsDees-ING Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

It doesn’t matter. As long as it is on prp it is ineligible even if you can see it on the sidewalk. And you should not compare to what is already in the game because the criteria change all the time. The whole prp thing wasn’t a huge issue in the past but it is now since there has been a lawsuit some time ago. So there are a lot of old poi on prp.

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

The "temporary" reason is debatable. Let's not get hung up on this.

The private residential property reason is the one that's much clearer. If this is the garage door of a single-family residential house, it's ineligible, plain and simple, no matter who did it and why.

Ok, well, from now I will reject all the murals no matter how impressive they are if there is a door close by, or if it’s in any garage door, didn’t know that

And I wasn’t talking about old pokestops, I’m talking about some new ones that actually are inside some private zones, or with objetcs that actually you can’t see from the outside, also murals that are in houses

I mean ... yes, this is what you should be doing, per the criteria. I agree that it doesn't seem fair, because a lot of great murals are on the outside of private houses or garage doors, and are clearly meant to be appreciated by the public, but the criteria makes them ineligible. Murals INSIDE homes were never eligible, but murals inside a public building like a mall or restaurant or hospital are.

If you have an apartment complex or somewhere that has more than one family living there, and there are murals in the public spaces of that complex, those are also eligible.

If the object is on single-family residential property (including walls, doors, garages, fences etc.), you should definitely reject it.

If it's on non-residential property (like a shop or hotel) or multi-family property (apartment buildings), do not reject it based on PRP, but evaluate it based on the acceptance criteria and vote accordingly. The same is true if there's a door "close by". If it's not on the property itself, it's not automatically ineligible.

This is how the criteria have been for a long time.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if something is on single residential property aka a single damily home. Will it be ineligible. If its on a wall of a business it is perfectly fine. Dont become salty grapes just because your attempt at creating your own home poi was rejected correctly

• ununuctio-PGOununuctio-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

Stores that sells alcohol are also rejected, yet I just stumbled upon a Mezcal Factory that sells also sells Mezcal and offer tours around the factory, it's only for grown ups because the touring is accompanied by MEZCAL shots.

I think is s unfair. I don't know how that nomination made it.

I know a person (neighbor) who made his house outside wall a Pokestops because he painted a Blue Demon Graffitti (famous wrestler in Mexico). There is a gym that used to be a mural nearby that has been erased. I reported as non-existent, they responded that I was wrong.

Greetings from Oaxaca, México

The reviews are crowd sourced. That system is bound to be imperfect, and some people are going to have access to waypoints from home. People in apartments and multi-family residences are going to have access to things that a single family residence generally isn't able to. That's just the way it works. You can try to manipulate the system unfairly and see if you win (and possibly get penalized if you don't), or you can look for more legitimate candidates in your area that you can still reach and benefit from. Anything other than a fair candidate that meets criteria is taking a gamble. Even GOOD candidates are often gambled because you can't count on reviewers to see things the way you do. So it doesn't do any good to fake your own stop and then complain when you got caught and someone else didn't. If you decide you have to be a person that takes down other stops, you can go submit a take down request for your neighbor's wall.

The Mezcal tour location appears to meet criteria because it's a social/exploration activity. Things like wineries with tours would also be valid, and so are informational plaques about the wine-making process. Just because they offer drinks to adults on the tour doesn't mean kids are subjected to drinks (of course they wouldn't be).

• Pafnutius-PGOPafnutius-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

In my opinion, if I, as a stroller, see a nice mural painted on a garage door in the street, I don't care (and often can't know) whether it is a single-family property, or there live three families, or ten, or it is a warehouse or a shop. Therefore, I would like to know what is the basis of the criterion that excludes specifically single-family properties. Anybody knows?

If you want to do something about it. Why don’t you report the invalid stops instead of just ventingg here which accomplishes nothing?

There was a lawsuit because of people going on someones lawn so niantic made it a hard rule to not be on single residential homes.

• Pafnutius-PGOPafnutius-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

Thank you for the explanation. But I live in Europe, and here most people live in cities or villages in houses with no lawn at sight, and whose walls you usually touch when walking in the street; even you can lean on them without this being suspicious. So, I understand the problem is not the residential home, but people trespassing. I think this should be the correct criterion: the possibility to interact with the POI without trespassing. Something you can see from the sidewalk does not require trespassing, and if it is less than X meters away you can interact with it within the games.

Problem being that is spoken by many ingress players is they have to be right ontop of the poi for some features of the game. So if the poi is on the house or in the yard for the game they have to be on it essentially for it to work. They just basically put a big policy to cover it everywhere so they can avoid legal troubles down the road. Even though in different areas of the world there are different customs

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tresspass is not the only issue, disturbance is also a big priority.

If a POI was to be on a PRP it could invite large numbers of people congregate near to it, the owner, and their neighbours, may not appreciate large swathes of people visiting, or people turning up at their house at random times of the day an night.

People may have artwork on their wall or a Little Free Library to access in their garden, and they have a right to expect visitors.

But there's a world of difference between those number of visitors and a group of PoGo players going to a raid battle, Ingress Players having a First Saturday battle or visting late at night for a BAF, or having groups turn up for HPWU fortress battles.

Niantic rightfully so don't want to get sued again and to be honest I cant fauly them with their blanket ban decision to say NO to all POIs on PRP

If players were able to govern themselves better, it wouldn't be an issue. Especially with the increased distance now, PoGo players have no excuse not to be a respectful distance from someone's house. And Ingress Players can use common sense and not be a creeper on someone's property.

But if you expect to provide POIs that have equal interaction capabilities across the board, then it can be seen as not fair if you have to limit your behavior around some stops and not others, even if they'd otherwise provide more to the game, even in a limited fashion.

It goes back to "this is why we can't have nice things." 😂 It definitely feels like a lost opportunity when you have to skip a great mural on a house, but when you consider some of the types of people who play, it's better in the long run.

Actually, the concept of "limited POIs" might not be that bad. Something that identifies an interesting mural, provides resources and missions, can never be a gym, and that you can just interact with from a distance and has no up-close capabilities could be a nice game addition. Wait, but then again, you'd still have people trying to get their home mural POI.

This is why we can't have nice things. 😂

edited September 2021

So this one shouldn’t be a pokestop, it is an object that you can actually move from there and it’s on a roof of a house

Btw, this isn’t my pokestop, it’s just a random pokestop I just saw

Post edited by Chukybelfort-PGO on
  • arcaicways-PGOarcaicways-PGO Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

in honesty no it should but just cause one that breaks rules gets trough or one that previously fit rules but no longer does does not mean that Pois submited now should get a pass. one this is on private property, two because it is a stenciled work that makes it a generic peice of art that could be placed anywhere. it has no historical value cause well its just recently been placed, cause it is spray paint on a wall or door it is viewed as grafiti and grafiti is often illegal( aginst rules) or temporary cause usualy graffiti gets painted over. thats just to get started.

just looking at it my first tought is great someone did this just to make a stop. theres no story behind it or anything they just wanted a stop at there house and thats abuse of the system. and in all this when people tried to be nice and explain it to you you went off on a tirades about how cause yours wasnt aproved you were gonna deny any murals weither they met criteria or not that tells me that niantic needs to look into your account and reivew your submissions and reviews to just see how many you have falsely aproved or denyed or how many bad submissions you have made.

@NianticGiffard i hope you will take care of this

edited September 2021

I can **** submissions without any problem, hahaha falsely aproved or denyed? My submissions are almost all park things, playgrounds or fitness centers if you have doubt. My reviews are based on what I think it is good for the game, I don’t accept little things or objects that are in prp, but I accepted big murals or drawns, in zones that can be reached in the street without knowing if there was a single house or community house, just not inside or not reacheable for the players, is the only thing I used to did.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you need to have the ability to review withdrawn for you.

You should review according to the criteria and eligibility rules, NOT BY WHAT YOU THINK IS GOOD FOR THE GAME.

Do things properly or don't do them at all

"My reviews are based on what I think it is good for the game"

Don't do that. Don't make up yur own criteria. Follow the criteri and guidelines provided for you.

"I don’t accept little things"

The size of the object is completely irrelevant. Tiny things can be great Wayspots.

There are vague and hard-to-grasp rules in Wayfarer. However, "all PRP are ineligible" and "PRP means single-family residential property" are not. These are simple and clear rules. Follow them.

For little things I was talking about things that actually can be removed or moved by a person at any moment like the object from the photo I send before.

Yes, my criteria (before) was to accept any great mural (I think I read somewhere that murals are accepted to the game) without knowing if its on a house of one or a thousand families, just seeing that are in the street, I didn’t know that the people are owners of the full street, or maybe the rules from your country or residence are different from mine, but if you can see that garage door is very out of the real house

People are the owners of their entire property. The garage (and its door) is on the property.

It's really not complicated: anything that's on single-family residential property (including its borders - walls, fences, doors) is ineligible. That's it.

I was talking about the street, obviously people are owner of their garage door.

No, it’s not complicated, just that maybe sometimes you can’t trully know if its a single family or not. In front my house its a roomies house, there live like 10 guys and if you see it it looks like a common house

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭✭

If people are splitting the rent on a house as room-mates or boarders in a structure zoned as single-family, it is still regarded as PRP.

If there are separate apartments in a similar-looking stucture, it is not considered to be PRP.