Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Criteria for Heritage Buildings

Hello. Is there any criteria for heritage buildings to be eligible (other than just old)?

This nominated building was used as a house since Dutch Colonial era—of course with its architecture. It is now used as a law office ("Lembaga Bantuan Hukum", LBH in Indonesia) and as public space for locals. The building itself was declared as Cultural Heritage by local government for its historical and cultural value (as this submitter said in supporting information).

Thank you!

Answers

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

That's an interesting nomination and question.

I don't want to say whether I would accept or deny that nomination as I am unfamiliar with the language and local culture. To me, it would have to have had some sort of significance in the past or present (I'd say that's objective to your review). Being on a registry definitively helps, as long as it simply isn't there for being old. Additionally, it almost sounds like it could hold eligibility as a local gathering location? After reading your comments a few times, I think I would vote favourably overall, however I am unable to translate the nomination so I can't say that with absolute certainty.

"Just because a building is old doesn't mean it's historical or unique or interesting. There would need to be some sort of additional explanation in the supporting documentation to underscore that." To provide a NianticCasey quote.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, sorry about that. I'll translate it.

Title & Description:

"Heritage Building (at) Gandekan Jebres"

"A house built since Dutch Colonial era, with art deco architectural style. This building is now used not only as local law office but also as public space to held activities by local residents (basically a local gathering location)."

Supporting Information:

"This building is already declared as protected cultural heritage by City Government of Solo (Surakarta, Jawa Tengah), because its historical and design (architecture) value that really reflect old times ("tempo doeloe" in Indonesia) heritage, cultural value. This photo is really clear and not taken from 3rd party source, so thank you and have a nice day."

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have nominated several like this (but in the US, so equivalents). This one sounds eligible for both the historic and community gathering reasons. The ones I've done were homes to prominent people during my city's formation and are registered. Sometimes they go right through, some needed a 2nd try. So if it got denied, keep trying. I personally like these types of nominations if they have genuine historical/cultural value.