Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

APPROVED POI not appearing in Pogo, Wizards Unite, Ingress or the IITC

Divesh01-INGDivesh01-ING Posts: 31 ✭✭

The nomination is more than 20m away from any existing POI.

Please help @NianticTintino

Nomination ID: h8fIMT4nPAuyyaUhvW0k9C1ls/SOR2zKzFmkzIuMLDA=

Tagged:
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @Divesh01-PGO,

Thank you for reporting and congrats on getting your Wayspot approved! While it has been approved into Wayfarer, that does not mean it was accepted into any of the games. When making a nomination, you're nominating it to Wayfarer and then each game makes their own decision as to whether it'll show up in their respective game. Wayfarer has no control over that.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but your response is quite disingenuous. Noantics games refer solely to Wayfarer for nominating guidance, your LightShip backend kidnaps our nominations, then someday we may get an email that indicates our work might appear some unspecified somewhere.

Why would you imagine we should submit ourselves to all this grief only to be told: ‘Sorry, that’s not my department?’

What would you have us do, then? Start corresponding with Remy the chat bot?

Wouldn’t we be better off just submitting to FourSquare?

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,339 Ambassador

@NianticTintino

i appreciate that you are having a tough start.

It is not helpful to wayfarers to have this sort of official approved answer that does not help the wayfarer.

There is clearly a major issue.

As far as I’m aware it has yet to be determined if there is a problem happening in the coding /system at the wayfarer stage that is having a knock on effect as data is uploaded to the games (wayfarer problem). Or if it is a problem with the game coding (game problem ).

What we do know is that people are very frustrated at being left in the dark and their efforts not treated with respect. These people are all in the wayfarer community so I feel there is a wayfarer community proper response needed.

Wayfarer and all the games are under the Niantic umbrella, please talk to each other and explain what is going on.

• Divesh01-INGDivesh01-ING Posts: 31 ✭✭

Hi @NianticTintino are you telling me that I went through all this hard work and effort to get something finally approved and it was all for naught and might not be used in any of the games I happen to play which is all of them?!

What a load of absolute nonsense and how wasteful.

There is clearly an issue, kindly investigate this.

Giving me a it may or may not appear response is to be frank, lazy. Please do some investigation and then get back to me. I'll wait.

• JItkonen-INGJItkonen-ING Posts: 20 ✭✭✭

We know that accepting in Wayfarer doesn’t mean that it ends up in the games. However each game has rules whether it is accepted or not in that game. Now there are tons of accepted spots that pass all those criteria but fail to appear in Ingress and maybe sometimes even in other games.

And it seems that all bugged wayspots are those that were manually accepted by Niantic, not through normal voting.