Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Approved Portals not showing on Map/no key in inventory

Comments

• kamikatze07-INGkamikatze07-ING Posts: 82 ✭✭✭✭

And again a hard to get through portal approved that is not live.....

• iHellRaiser-INGiHellRaiser-ING Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

I agree completely with you on the last part. They themselves dont know whats going on. Today a lot of completely bad places became live in Ingress, without pictures. Yet valid accepted ones are just missing. Portal images uploaded which didint went live after acceptance became live. But the new ones which were accepted and live in few portrals are now gone.

To summarize, its a mess.

• trottkopfhirn-INGtrottkopfhirn-ING Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

My last approved portal still isnt showing, and it definitely wasnt "faster than usual". It took 4 month to get accepted. Also, the nearest portal is 60m away and the L17 cell its in is empty.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

Same. This nomination did not seem to disappear from my list (I'm not 100% sure of this but I did not notice it ever not being there and yikes I apologize for the syntax) and took quite some time to go through reviews, as it was never upgraded. It's spaced well away from other waypoints and a Pokestop was successfully generated.....four weeks ago. If Niantic is doing select manual reviews and that's the trigger for this bug, they should send out a different email format for the different review type. And why is it just Ingress feeling the effects? Are we expected to work 100 times harder than Pokemon Go-only reviewers so that we can upgrade every submission, to make up for the revenue gap?

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,480 Ambassador

it is possible that there is some algorithm selecting these nominations and that in doing so there is some sort of tag added - Niantic review- that stays there invisibly but is causing an issue when the data is drawn by Ingress…..but why it wouldn’t then cause an issue with the draw down to PoGo would be odd.

Sorry thinking out loud.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is Safe to say that having a broken wayfarer since a year now adds having a new Team aboard that Has no.idea.what.they.are.doing

• Roherlihy-INGRoherlihy-ING Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

My missing portal/stop was an upgrade ,like a lot of others Im not doing any more submissions or reviews until this is resolved / explained.

• kamikatze07-INGkamikatze07-ING Posts: 82 ✭✭✭✭

My approved upgrades had no such issues. Just got another one

Now i am at 10 missing portals. With i guess 3 upgrades that had no issue/bug/whateverthisis

• xWipflordx-PGOxWipflordx-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

My case was no faster than usual. Submitted in September 2020, in the voting for at least 6-8 months. Based on previous experience, I had expected a decision between July and October 2021 and received it in early August. As far as I have observed it, my submission never disappeared in Wayfarer either.

That's why, on the one hand, I have to emphasize the "may" in

may disappear from the Wayfarer nominations list,

and, on the other hand, contradict the point

are reviewed faster than usual,

And working from this, I would like to question that my case was still evaluated by Niantic on the home stretch. But of course, that's just a guess.

In any case, thanks for compiling the list, I just want to add my observation to it!

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't think the quicker than usual applies, I had 2 portals that were in for the same length of time roughly (about a month apart they were submitted) and came back within a day of each other, so in the usual time frame, the later one went live in ingress but the older one didn't. To be clear, these were within a couple of kilometers of each other

• ForzaComo-INGForzaComo-ING Posts: 187 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the feedback. The list in my previous message should read "it may be reviewed faster than usual".

I have four nominations accepted but not appearing in the game. All should easily fulfill the Ingress portal distance criteria etc.

1. accepted in 3 days, other nominations from the same area still in queue/voting for 24 days now.
    2. accepted in 5 days, other nominations from the same area still in queue/voting for 11 days now.
    3. accepted in 31 days with another nomination, others from the same area in queue/voting for 40 days now.
    4. accepted along other nominations from the same area.

Two of my four nominations have been the first ones to be accepted from my set of 10-14 nominations from the same area. Especially the first one was reviewed super-fast (3 days). The fourth incident from me was accepted along the others and seemingly not any faster than the others from the same area. (I was surprised that the fourth was accepted at all, though, as the nihilistic reviewers from my reviewing area usually reject such nominations...)

So not all of these get reviewed super fast but certainly some of them do. There were similar incidents from other users also and as it is not normal behavior for Wayfarer, I think this should also be mentioned when trying to find characteristics for these incidents.

Of course this bring us a new question: why some of these wayspots do get accepted super fast and some do not? If these are reviewed by Niantic and not the community, how and why are some of them flagged and picked right away after nomination and some stay in the queue a lot longer before they are accepted?

NianticThia commented this issue at the Ingress community forums:

I have seen the feedback on things that were submitted showing as Pokéstops still not showing up as Portals. All I got is "I don't know" but I'm still tracking it and trying to find out.

This is the first honest answer from Niantic I have seen that is truly trying to answer this question of ours. All the other previous "answers" have been either generic canned responses and/or clearly not understanding the issue/bug at all. Let's hope Thia manages to track, find and get someone to fix the issue.

A friend has just had an upgraded point approved and it is on intel.

• pokestophope-INGpokestophope-ING Posts: 72 ✭✭✭

I have had a sub this happened to. I haven't yet been able to visit to see if it has gone into Pokémon Go but it's missing from Intel map and I don't have a key. Subbed on 1st August so I was very surprised to get the answer so quickly (30th August), I would expect the area I subbed it in to be low priority. It was definitely more than 20m from the nearest portal.

• wjmyeg-INGwjmyeg-ING Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

I have a portal submitted that is a Pokestop but I did not receive a key or credit for creating it.

• 7yler9reen-ING7yler9reen-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

Chiming in I noticed my portals discovered went up +1 I checked email and saw an acceptance. It’s live in pogo not Ingress and it took almost a year to get accepted. Already quit pogo but I’m gonna quit Ingress if my portals won’t go live as this is what’s fun for me currently. Funny thing is courier got me to L12 but now I’m not even submitting the loc edits I noticed could be improved.

The following comment was made inIngress community forum

NianticVK Niantic › mod September 2

Sorry for the delay, Agents! Please share the name and the location of the Portals if you haven't already. Let me share this with the team to look into it. I'll circle back as and when I get more information.

So add your missing ingress portal there.

• themarzandb-INGthemarzandb-ING Posts: 24 ✭✭

I had the same issue.

New portal not showed up in the game.

Not in the intell map.

And no portal key.

Was approved 2 September

Just keeping this at top for any new with this issue.

The list of problematic POI listed on the ingress page above has grown.

Just got a nomination from yesterday accepted in less than 24 hours. The average time to get wayspots reviewed in the same area has been around 90-180 days. So exceptionally fast and just like with previous incidents, this is not visible in Ingress intel map nor didn't give a key, a stat or AP.

• PokeLordStinks-PGOPokeLordStinks-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

Honestly Niantic’s support should be the reason anyone protest anything. I loved the last time I tried to use it and 2 months later I had a response way after the fact. You think a company that’s a subsidy of one of the largest internet companies with some of the highest revenue mobile games in history would invest more in quality support.

Same problem, but I think the portal is too close to another occupied s17 barely to show up in pogo, but should be good for ingress. It even went off wayfarer for 3-4 days before returning as approved, as another one of these threads said that’s if Niantic is personally reviewing it.

• DizzyBum-INGDizzyBum-ING Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

I've had two submissions that are seeing the same issue happen. Received an approval email for both, but portals haven't appeared, and no keys received. They do show up as PokeStops in Pokemon Go.

One was submitted on April 15th of this year and was approved August 18th. The other was submitted on August 30th and approved this morning, September 6th. Neither one was upgraded.

• Losifer026-INGLosifer026-ING Posts: 204 ✭✭✭✭

I have two that are showing up in Pokémon but not in Ingress. I had made a big report about it:

there’s a little additional info there. Here are the pics of the POI.

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had a good run of nominations still appearing in-game and reciving the key and AP for it, until last night. So chiming in with my example to add to the pool of issues:

What's most disappointing is that this is in a regional town some 2-3 hours away as well, so it's not likely to ever be submitted again despite being accepted.

• Roherlihy-INGRoherlihy-ING Posts: 8 ✭✭

Whats worrying is that is still occurring weeks later rather than a once off issue for a short period , since I had my own occurance of failing to appear successful nomination , I have had 2 other ones approved and appeared in Ingress/Pogo.

• harpsM-INGharpsM-ING Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

I have another non upgraded local portal not showing on ingress or key. Had few upgraded portals showed up just fine before this.

So far I had issue with non upgrades not showing in ingress by had 2 nominations accepted today which was submitted on 31st Aug and were non upgraded and they show fine in intel map and got the keys.

Is the issue been resolved? As very confused now as no clear communication from Niantic.

Post edited by harpsM-ING on
  • ChrisSchyby-PGOChrisSchyby-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

I'm going to quit nominating new wayspots. I used to use IITC and the Ingress Map to check if the cell is free to be used for a new POI. But if I can't check it anymore it's useless.

I also have two nominated POI accepted, not appearing in Ingress but both are Pokéstops.

NianticVK Niantic › mod 4:26PM

Hey there, Agents! I've shared the names and coordinates of all the portals with the concerned team. Our team is working on it. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

From the ingress Community forum.

Still none the wiser.

Of course it should read something like:

Please accept our apologies for the confusion surrounding this issue, I appreciate it must be of great concern to you all.

Our team have no idea why this is happening hence the delay. However the details you have all so thoughtfully provided will be used to try and establish what is going wrong.

I promise to provide an update in 2 days time, even if it is not resolved.

I can but dream

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am adding the Points of intrest that I have received an email on that have appeared in Pokemon but not in ingress or the intel map. Emails state I should have received a key, and 1k AP.

Location #1

44.911014,-116.080554

Location #2

43.605219,-116.364952

Location #3

43.631806,-116.922148

#4 this was submitted using PoGo. Has appeared in PoGo but should have also been added to ingresss

Location #4

43.682004,-116.324702

Location #5

43.621931,-116.362751

I placed this one out side the 20m radius but it could have been moved inside it as well. Although the email states I should have gotten a key and AP and was not labled as a duplicate.

I have recently received a duplicate email so I think those are still valid.

Please help with this @NianticGiffard