Brazil Wayfarer Challenge - Discussion

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/22840/brazil-wayfarer-challenge#latest

Happy to hear opinions, in special about the rewards.

Will you join the challenge?

Brazil Wayfarer Challenge - Discussion 171 votes

Yes
28%
BaltiCalling-INGAgentX1976-INGDarkNeoMatrixYT-INGJSteve0-INGTheAuraStorm-INGiHellRaiser-INGBatrachianAnura-INGoscarc1-INGEntroponaut-PGOGazzas89-PGOSelner-INGIknition-INGAlejandro95uy-INGPatrickyAlbani-PGOShilfiell-INGNaaC77-INGikaros02-INGtp235-INGkubo0179-PGOunderegang-ING 48 votes
No
41%
InvestigateXM-INGRodensteiner-PGOTempest2786-INGBlaumut-INGmarian522-INGStultusz-INGmortuus-INGMatiasM20-INGCarolFigueiraRS-PGOMrNateJo-INGDavejjjjj-INGsofiaviolet23-INGDerWelfe2205-PGOHaramDingo-INGVidarEagle-INGWheelTrekker-INGBIGHARDFISH-INGMormegil71-INGPkmnTrainerJ-INGGKiN0-PGO 71 votes
Not sure yet
30%
NorthSeaPoet-INGGendgi-PGOArabellaArdelia-PGOAgentB0ss-INGGearGlider-INGcsdpe-INGTheFarix-PGOJapo975-INGApplPsydarr-PGOMarceCabal-INGRyuuVanDraco-PGOJP81SayGo-PGO3car-INGpatsufredo-PGOthundercracker1-INGHINABITAMEU-INGShnuggleMum-INGHosette-INGBelahzur-INGharpsM-ING 52 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Not sure yet

I like the rewards, though I miss the upgrades. But without a clear comment about whether or not our home/bonus location can be reset afterwards, I'd rather not risk making the change.

I'm fine that there's no tiered rewards now that upgrades are off the table, but I very much do miss the upgrade rewards.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    No

My "no" is based on the current announcement as it stands, plus the Foursquare situation and the numerous reports of fake wayspots from Brazilian wayfarers.

I do appreciate the clarification on what constitutes participation in the event, but it would be better if those who plan on participating had a visible indicator to show that they had indeed met the requirements.

Post edited by HankWolfman-PGO on
  • SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

The rewards seem rather light; however, I don't think that a repeat of the Russia event rewards is a good idea either. That event encouraged people to make a single review in Russia to get 10 upgrades and then stop. That devalued all of the hard work of many of us to earn upgrades and made it harder for our nominations to get approved.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

I would only participate if I don't have to muck with my HOMETOWN or BONUS LOCATION settings.

• ArabellaArdelia-PGOArabellaArdelia-PGO Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

If I can reset my hometown or bonus location settings - both to participate and then after the event then I had previously planned to participate, but if I can't then it's not possible for me to. Rewards are lackluster but meh.

• xLilPoundcake-PGOxLilPoundcake-PGO Posts: 104 Ambassador
    No

I'm so disappointed. The Russia challenge upgrades brought me back to Wayfarer in a BIG way after a year-long absence and actually revitalized my local community of reviewers. I know people say reviewers just dropped in for Russia upgrades and left, but the upgrades had the opposite effect in my local community. I'll still review like I have been lately, but there is no way I'm potentially messing up a home/bonus location for two remote passes. The rewards are just terrible. This also reads to me as if there will be no home or bonus location reset, so it seems as if we're not exactly invited anyway.

My guess is there is little incentive for them to give us anything at all for our free labor now that they can just push that incredibly valuable, high-quality, accurate data from Foursquare. *cough*

• randombeard-INGrandombeard-ING Posts: 22 ✭✭✭
    No

Don't need gear for either game.. Therefore no point without upgrades.

• mortuus-INGmortuus-ING Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    No

if no reset that will leave many potential reviewers out, they want this ?

• SlicedPeas-INGSlicedPeas-ING Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

If I can switch my home AND bonus and switch them back I'll pick two places so rural doesn't get left out.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador
    No

I’m undecided but also don’t want to cast my vote yet.

A nice thing about this is that the rules about who will be qualified for the rewards is clear, unlike previously.

However, the Wayfarer community have come

to expect Upgrades as a reward for participating. Without that, the rewards aren’t that great overall.

Whilst speaking on the rewards, Niantic make it clear here that we are not just improving the “Game Board” for Ingress & Pokémon with the Waypoints we nominate and accept, so how about some rewards to other games too? Like Harry Potter: Wizards Unite and CATAN: World Explorers if our Niantic Social is linked to accounts playing those games?

• Belahzur-INGBelahzur-ING Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

I'd say 50/50, but I'm 75/25 leaning towards no.

The item rewards in both games aren't really useful and no upgrades, on top of lacking clarity over whether we get home and/or bonus resets for before and after the event.

On the other hand, Niantic could pull one of them infamous Niantic tricks half way through the Brazil challenge and randomly increase the rewards that include upgrades, but that's all just in theory.

• RyuuVanDraco-PGORyuuVanDraco-PGO Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

Not sure yet, depends on more details.

What about free location resets afterwards? No free upgrades as rewards?

• ApplPsydarr-PGOApplPsydarr-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

I'm not sure because I was excited for the Brazil challenge but the pokemon rewards aren't worth the effort. I have studied abroad in Brazil and visited my host family pre pandemic and want to travel there more in the future. Yes, I would prefer upgrades but even better in-game rewards may encourage me to review during the event.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

I'm undecided and it will be driven by an external factor this time. However, this is quite the turnoff to me: "Each participant eligible for rewards will receive the same set of rewards based on the collective effort, and regardless of the number of individual contributions toward the collective goal."

• JSteve0-INGJSteve0-ING Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I know there are problems and ambiguity about this challenge, but I am willing to participate because I really enjoy the virtual exploration that reviewing allows me to do. That being said, I really want assurances that I can set my bonus at the beginning and then again at the end of the event.

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

1 upgrade would have been nice as an incentive, 10 for the last time was way too many but I'll join to help out once I find out if I can change my home/bonus location before and after.