Exercise stations in a park

Do individual exercise stations on a route that has several meet criteria? I've seen them in nominations to review and find myself skipping because I'm just not sure.

Some parks where I live have exercise stations along a walking/running route. Things like a sit up bench, back stretch bench, twist bars, pull up bars and the the like.

Do they fit criteria? Do they need specific spacing between them? Some parks are rather large with stations spread out. Others are smaller with maybe 50m between stations.

Comments

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Agreed with above.

Usually I see 5 or more of these in a park spaced out by a hundreds or more feet. They offer distinct fitness exercises as well as informational signage on how to use the equipment. When they are spaced out like this, I consider them distinct points along the walking/fitness path.

If they are all clustered into one group, I consider them 1 valid POI. Image below of one I nominated as a group.

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my personal experience, I've had no problem getting such things accepted. Often, I find them on newer housing developments than inside true parks. Reviewers would seem to like them, though of course there will always be the odd grouch.

Some people may lambast a nominator if two pieces of exercise equipment on one of these exercise trails is "too close together". I can only advise that you use your "best judgment" when nominating these. If they are a long a route it should be find to submit them all individually. If exercise equipment is in a fenced off area together then I'd treat it like I would a more usual playground and submit it as a whole.