Brazil Wayfarer Challenge - Discussion

Comments

• Yes

Será divertido participar ojalá den bonificacion de algo 7w7

• TheAuraStorm-INGTheAuraStorm-ING Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Yes

Yes. Only if we can reset our locations after. I know about 4 words in Portuguese, and worry that the language barrier will affect my ability to review.

The rewards are very lacking, 4 SoftBank Ultra Links is cool, but there isn’t much incentive to do more than just do a few reviews.

Hopefully a Tier 3 can be introduced with some rewards that incentivise participation.

• ArabellaArdelia-PGOArabellaArdelia-PGO Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

Fun fact - official language of Brazil is Portuguese, not Spanish. They’re similar in some ways, but definitely different languages.

• SlicedPeas-INGSlicedPeas-ING Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

Igreja.

Church.

There you go.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I find the disagrees on my comment somewhat perplexing. I guess people don't want clear indication that they've successfully met the requirements for participating in the event haha 🤷‍♂️

• MrNateJo-INGMrNateJo-ING Posts: 17 ✭✭✭
    No

I'm not in Brazil or going there in the next week, so unless there is an allowed home/bonus location change then it's not for me.

That said. The items listed(ingress) I would probably instantly delete as I'm in a area where I can get most of the kit by hacking and I've probably not used those many Ito's in my whole time playing.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Not sure yet

The reward doesn't really worth it, not to mention there are no free upgrades. Pokeballs are supposed to be wasted so quickly and so does two other items, and free RRPs are obtainable AFTER Lake Guardian Trio (Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf) raids are ended.

I kinda missed spawn reward from the Poland Challenge ones though I didn't participate. Maybe add or change the rewards to special event spawns or incense day that features Amazon-themed Pokemon spawns—Oddish, Bellsprout, Heracross, Slakoth, Sewaddle, Venipede, Jungle-pattern Vivillon (posibly first debut in GO), and more, with a boosted shiny rate of—not you, Heracross—Slakoth?

Alright, I'm asked too much.

Not sure yet

And there's still no mention for resetting bonus location.

Most of you can see that lots of fakes from Brazil were reported in this forum. If only Brazillian players can participate in this challenge, I can feel that they'll use the challenge to approve their fakes even more.

But, yeah, no one else would like to review in an area with lots of fakes, either.

• Sonic932-PGOSonic932-PGO Posts: 16 ✭✭
    No

Voted No because I don't live in Brazil and there's no mention of changing of home or bonus locations. I would participate if I could, and although I would prefer upgrades for rewards it wouldn't stop me from taking part. I'd just like the change of scenery from my usual reviewing.

• CarolFigueiraRS-PGOCarolFigueiraRS-PGO Posts: 381 Ambassador
    edited September 2021
    No

Brazillian here, I'm just not in the mood because of the recent denial wave happening im my region for eligible things. I would like appeals available in wayfarer before this actually. Also they are things in here there are not aproved in other countries. We aprove stuff from the wall to outside the house, a lot of house have big cement walls and the crosswalks are public so it's usually ok. Also labor unions/organizations and most public builds like a secretary for transportation or education are commom wayspots.

• aleprj-INGaleprj-ING Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Local people don't need an event to approve fakes. If anything, the internacional attention will be bad for people intending to approve fakes. Brazil has lots of abuse areas, just like the US, Germany, Poland and so many others we see in the reports here, so it's not actually that special in this regard.

Anyway, I like how they communicated the rewards in a much clearer way. It's very clear what we can expect this time, unlike the Russian event (when some people were demanding 20 upgrades because they had PGO and Ingress). Too bad the rewards are just underwhelming. The Ingress ones have some rare items but nothing special, PGO ones are just useless apart from one or two remote passes. Maybe they should add some upgrades (I don't think it should be as much as in the Russian event, but at least 2 per tier). They could also be more creative and come up with actually unique stuff in the games (outfits for PGO and medals for Ingress, maybe?)

I also like that they communicated the eligibility much better, but again, the criteria is not very good. You need to review one nomination that is approved. It's bad for at least two reasons: we don't control or can even follow when a nomination reaches a decision; it kind of gives an incentive to approve instead of properly reviewing. It should be at least about reaching an agreement, nor an approval.

Also, no mention of location resets... They will need to clarify it before the event. If they want only Brazillian or people related to the country to review, I think the event is almost useless.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador
    Yes

I'll do it. I prefer to hack for my gear in Ingress and the rewards for Pokemon Go are not thrilling, but at least it's not 100 Great Balls. I'm hoping that the Ingress gear is Level 8, though that wasn't specified. Give me 40 X6's and they'll be recycled in a heartbeat.

I'll do the challenge because I need to get through the homestretch for my Onyx and so we can get through Brazil and move on to the one I voted for. :)

• sXavierI-INGsXavierI-ING Posts: 39 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Yes

What happened to the updates? I'm not sure about participating. I remember that the previous challenge was excellent!

Edit: I was wrong to vote and I can not turn. I will definitely NOT participate if there are no Updates

Not sure yet

In addition to my comment here, even if the rewards in GO are supposed to be given out just A DAY BEFORE the announced Duskull Community Day, it's still not worth either (even more if given out after the CD).

• BochumJules-PGOBochumJules-PGO Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

💁🏻‍♂️ No upgrades = No Brazil Wayfarer Challenge 🤷🏻‍♂️

And that's just an inventory shortly after the announcement.

@NianticTintino

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador
    Not sure yet

I dont think that giving Upgrades as rewards would really decrease anything.

Players need POIs to play and Niantic wants a good network of Waspots so they can sell it to others or take other advantages out of it.

Its a win-win scenario.

Also, any wayfarer-related stuff would be great. Wayfarer and the games are totally different, but dependent to each other.

• 3car-ING3car-ING Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Not sure yet

I don’t care if there are upgrades, although it will be nice if it was in the rewards. Most concerning, as quite a lot mentioned, is the ability to leave Brazil after the events. If that gets clarified before the events, I’m in.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I've said yes because i quite like the ingress and pogo rewards, but I hope they tell us we can move our bonus location there and back and that we get upgrades as well

• Hanenbow-PGOHanenbow-PGO Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    No

No.

If I want this gear (I play both games) I would buy it. Therefore I did a lot in Pogo over the years.

I missed the Russia wayfarer challenge and I have submissions from April 2020 still in queu (my boyfriend has 'still-in-queu' - submissions from 2019..). I think this is not normal and very demotivating.

'in de wachtrij' is Dutch for 'in queu'.

We want answers to those submissions: we want a system fix, or just very simple : better chances to receive UPGRADES.

• Dulator-PGODulator-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭
    No

Clear No from me.

Would have participated with Upgrades as rewards but the current ones are just not worth to put the time and effort into it.

I personally would put 3 Tiers as rewards: 4000 Approval Goal -> 3 Upgrades, 6000 Approval Goal -> 5 Upgrades, 8000 Approval Goal -> 10 Upgrades. I think that would be really cool since the community would be challenged to review and get something for the effort and work we put into the system for Niantic.

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

A tiered medal would be nice, either one per wayfarer event - with tiers linked to number of agreements related to reviews done during the event (number of agreements will still rise in the weeks after the event)

Or a tiered medal linked to the number of participations - but you need to get a certain number of reviews done / agreements to be eligible for the medal. Doing one single review isn't quite participating.

Bonus-Location reset is mandatory for me to participate, I don't want to be able to switch that bonus location (clear the bonus location or be able to reset it whenever I feel like changing it back (or swap to the next challenge)

As for the upgrades: if you do your reviews you will get agreements / upgrades

An incentive for the event can be double credit in the counter for upgrades on reviews done in the selected country - in that case the reviewers that do a lot of work will get more out of it than those who pop-in and do a dozen of reviews to get to the reward package