Brazil Wayfarer Challenge
Thank you to everyone who participated in our survey to determine our next Wayfarer Challenge location! We have heard your input, and are happy to announce our next event: the Brazil Wayfarer Challenge!
The Brazil Wayfarer Challenge will run from 21 September 2021 at 12:00 p.m. BRT in Brazil, until 5 October 2021 at 12:00 p.m. BRT.
For this event, the goal is for the Brazilian communities to collaboratively and thoughtfully review as many Wayspot nominations as possible to reach a Wayspot approval goal within 14 days. Pokémon GO and Ingress will unlock special rewards if the community reaches its respective goal.
How to Participate
- Trainers Level 38+ and Agents Level 10+ who have a Wayfarer account and have passed the onboarding Quiz are able to participate.
- You’ll be served with Wayspot nominations to review in the target countries if you played there recently in Pokémon GO or Ingress and/or your HOMETOWN or BONUS LOCATION set in Brazil.
Goals and Rewards (14 day Challenge)
Each participant eligible for rewards will receive the same set of rewards based on the collective effort, and regardless of the number of individual contributions toward the collective goal.
Wayspot Approval Goal
Tier 1 - 4000
Tier 2 - 6000
- 1 Wayfarer Upgrade
- Pokémon GO
- 50 Pokéballs, 1 Star Piece, 1 Incense, and 1 Remote Raid Pass
- 20 Resonators, 20 XMP, 20 Ultra Strike, 20 Power Cube, 2 ITO EN (+), 2 ITO EN (-), 2 SoftBank Ultra Link
- 2 Wayfarer Upgrades
- Pokémon GO
- 100 Pokéballs, 1 Star Piece, 1 Incense, and 2 Remote Raid Passes
- 40 Resonators, 40 XMP, 40 Ultra Strike, 40 Hypercube, 4 ITO EN (+), 4 ITO EN (-), 4 SoftBank Ultra Link
Eligibility for Rewards
- You are reward-eligible if (i) the target Wayspot acceptance goal has been met and (ii) you review at least one nomination in Brazil that also gets approved during the Challenge (so start from day 1 of the Challenge!). The rewards distributed will be based on the Wayspot acceptance goal status (Tier 1 or Tier 2) at the end of the campaign. Only one set of rewards will be distributed, such that:
- If at least Tier 1 is reached and you have reviewed a Wayspot that was accepted during the Challenge, you will receive one set of Tier 1 rewards.
- If Tier 2 is reached, and you have reviewed a Wayspot that was accepted during the Challenge, you will receive one set of Tier 2 rewards.
- Given (1) above, the game rewards will be distributed to all participants in the games where you are Wayfarer eligible. For example, if you are Trainer Level 40 and Agent level 8, you will only receive Pokémon GO rewards.
- Given (1) and (2) above, rewards will be distributed during a rewarding period a few days after the challenge ends.
If you are eligible to participate but have not used Wayfarer before, prepare in advance by signing in with the Facebook or Google account linked to your Pokémon GO or Ingress profiles. After you have signed in, check out the Criteria page and take a quick quiz to learn the basics of Niantic Wayfarer, such as reviewing and voting on nominated Wayspots. You can also check out our onboarding video here. Over the next few weeks, we will be publishing new resources for beginner Explorers to use and get accustomed to the Wayfarer program.
We are very excited to be hosting this challenge for our Brazilian community and helping them improve and enhance their gameplay experience. If you have any questions, please ask them in the Brazil Challenge categories coming soon!
See you out there!
-The Wayfarer Team