Brazil Wayfarer Challenge - Discussion

Comments

• Duiomar-PGODuiomar-PGO Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I'm not sure why this went to vote and was presented as a big global event. I don't even disagree with the concept behind local pushes, it's just a little frustrating when it's not advertised correctly beforehand.

• thundercracker1-INGthundercracker1-ING Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Not sure yet

All I have to say is :sigh:

...and that "Not Sure" vote would be a definite "NO" as NIA have clearly told the global community to do one as we aren't needed!!!

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

Just a question: how many accounts vote for Brazil for Wayfarer challenge?

I understand Russia challenge leaves many complaints from the people who are still complaining until now. But, should limiting the number of participants is the only way?

And maybe you should add another requirement to obtain the reward: "minimum of 10 Brazillian nominations (not edits) reviewed per account".

• RyuuVanDraco-PGORyuuVanDraco-PGO Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Not sure yet

So, I'm gonna pass since there is no location reset etc. One more vote for "No".

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador
    Yes

I’m very disappointed. I looked forward to participating and now I will not have a chance. My bonus location resets soon, but not soon enough, and I have no intention of being stuck in Brazil for a year after anyway.

Why hype an event that so few can attend? I haven’t traveled out of the country since March 2020 because, you know, virus. I would have enjoyed some exotic sights!

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

So, a local event and I was misled about the nature of challenge and was just wasting my time? Great, excellent community building and encagement.

Please, try to figure out what you (Wayfarer team) actually want from these challenges and communicate those properly for your reviewers.

Yes

we will continue to have localized events to ensure quality engagement and support.

Looking forward to that U.S. event - since it takes months and months to get non-upgraded candidates through in most locations I know of, I'd like to stake out our place in line!

• 3car-ING3car-ING Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

I have the 'Not sure yet' ^here just because there is still time for them to change their sayings about resets. Unless that actually happens, read as 'No'.

Yes

^^^^^^^^

My "yes" vote, above, reflects only my desire to participate in the event even prior to Upgrades being awarded. Given the chance, now, I'd change my vote to "No". I will not participate in an event for which I apparently do not qualify.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Yes

I'm planning to participate.

And while some Wayfarers have said they won't participate unless they get an upgrade, I don't mind, as I believe that upgrades are earned through the right kind of review.

• Davejjjjj-INGDavejjjjj-ING Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    No

@NianticDanbocat you guys haven't seemed to learn anything from the previous challenges? Why not do a separate, temporary challenge opt in so everyone can participate in these challenges? You won't have the overhead of managing the location resets.

• Dulator-PGODulator-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭
    No

You have to kidding. What kind of compromise is that? People want 10 (like last time) you didn’t want to give any and now you compromise by giving 1/2? That seems weird when even last time you moved from 0 upgrades to 5…

And on the part with the challenge of the Russia event. The most challenging part was created from you guys by not being clear as always. You had to deal with a lot of extra work just because you didn’t communicate clearly that people have to get Agreements at the challenge before it’s ending to get rewards.

For me personally the Russia challenge was pretty cool because I reviewed at a new area and saw a lot of cool new wayspots. People really looked forward to get this experience again in Brazil and then you guys had something different in mind.

I am just sorry for the people in Brazil that looked forward to get help in their region to create a nicer playground… it is deffinetly not a challenge because there is nothing different then before for the people there (people that life there or have their locations already set there will get reviews) but I am 100% sure that most of the other reviewer won’t change their location tags just to be stuck there for the next possible change.

• AsherTrolls-INGAsherTrolls-ING Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Not sure yet

prolly not upgrades are minimal

• MessiPy-INGMessiPy-ING Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Yes

With this I can assume that I do not need to be in Brazil, as long as the system shows me orders from Brazil and qualifies them during the challenge, will I be eligible?

• ShnuggleMum-INGShnuggleMum-ING Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Not sure yet

Not sure yet. Depends if I can change my location there and back.

I do speak Portuguese so it would be easier for me than Russia...

• CopperChick-PGOCopperChick-PGO Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

Not sure yet:

I really enjoyed the Russia challenge, but I got 10 upgrades (and I reviewed about 20 Russia nominations) and didn't have to keep my bonus location set to Russia for 1 year. This sounds like if I put Brazil as my bonus location it would stay there for a year. If that is the case it is a 100% no.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Seriously? No option to reset bonus location? Only 1 or 2 upgrades for it? That is so deaf to what people wanted and you're acting like it's a good thing. So far in very unimpressed by our "forum manager" and this "global event" has just been ruined as global, if your gonna do "global" events, make it easy to actually be global

• aleprj-INGaleprj-ING Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't say you are wrong, Brazil is sadly a dangerous place indeed, specially in some areas.

But what is your point regarding this? You are suggesting Niantic should leave the country or something?

• Not sure yet

I'm not sure right now because of the bonus location reset.

In the profile, in addition to home and bonus locations, there should be a selectable option "take part in the wayfarer challenge", thanks to which we would receive nominations from the challenge area in the review

• PokegalAneesa-PGOPokegalAneesa-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭✭
    Yes

Didn’t mind the lack of upgrades but won’t be able to participate now with home/bonus location not going to be reset.

• No

1 - horrible rewards, not worth the work done.

2 - delay to accept or reject the order, the system is broken.

3 - Ingress players are irresponsible and refusing requests from pokemon go players is a children's battle.

• Legacy4N00b-PGOLegacy4N00b-PGO Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    No

My point is that the environment is not yet conducive for a game that encourages outdoor exploration and social interaction.

Adding more point of interests in such area might be a good news for local players, they can reduce their playing area and stay at relatively safe zone, but what about non locals with little knowledge of the area?

Especially with fake/low quality nominations and organized reviewers, you can conceal a dangerous neighborhood and turn it into cluster of wayspots that look legit.

Unless you're friend with Dominic Toretto and his family, you're free to roam there leisurely.

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I'm sorry, but I highly disagree with this sentiment.

Should Niantic also remove all existing wayspots in Afghanistan, now that the Taliban has taken over the country? What about all the wayspots in Detroit? It's the city with the highest crime rate in the US.

Places without safe pedestrian access, or military bases, are one thing. Taking care of abusive wayspots is obviously Niantic's responsibility, anywhere in the world. But designating a whole country - the 6th most populated country in the world, and 5th largest, mind you - as too dangerous? Thinking of the safety of non locals as if it depends solely on Niantic's game maps?

This is collective punishment, and unfair, and frankly, pretty ridiculous.

And for what it's worth - I'm not Brazillian (or even South American), and I don't intend on participating in the challenge in its current form.

Not sure yet

Did Ingress or Pokemon GO even playable in Afghanistan?

Iirc the same thing also happened in Myanmar but..., let's not talk about this.

• Legacy4N00b-PGOLegacy4N00b-PGO Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    No

Should Niantic also remove all existing wayspots in Afghanistan, now that the Taliban has taken over the country?

Irrelevant, Afghanistan is a war zone, Brazil is not.

What about all the wayspots in Detroit? It's the city with the highest crime rate in the US.

Existing wayspots are fine, as long as they are in accordance with Niantic's eligibility criteria. I'm talking about masses of fake/low quality nominations that might be accepted during this event, particularly the ones placed within shady zones.

But designating a whole country - the 6th most populated country in the world, and 5th largest, mind you - as too dangerous?

As I stated on my first comment, it is based on news and numbers.

This is collective punishment, and unfair, and frankly, pretty ridiculous.

I prefer to view it as preventive measures. Sure we can neglect this safety talk and let players to "Play at their own risk" while Niantic provides short warnings everytime they log in to play. It was my own fault for ignoring my surroundings, that I ended up with bruises, injuries and charges. Fair enough.

But then, why players went mad when Niantic announced their plan to revert Pokestop and Gym interaction distance back to 40m? Was it because they'll lose ability to collect easy resources? Was it because they can't go outside and risk breaking safety protocols? Was it because there are handicapped players who benefits from the double distance bonus?

Why does people bother appealing wayspots under construction or fake wayspots? Is it for their own benefit? Because of the rules?

Perharps there are people who care about other's safety and well-being. I, myself have few encounters with bad guys while playing Pokemon GO midday, in a public park that I deem as safe because I go there daily.

There are various motivations in participating this event; be it reviving local community, personal achievement, resources, etc. and I respect that. I'm just voicing my interest about safety, based on personal experience.

Also please reply my comment and explain your reasonings. Don't just disagree and leave me hanging 🥲

Post edited by Legacy4N00b-PGO on
  • 3car-ING3car-ING Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    Not sure yet

Just to check, so the stance Niantic has is that they want this event to be a local one, and reasons is because they are not ready to handle global events yet?

Just to note, I haven't forgotten what happened during the very first 'local event' in my home country, South Korea. I had to set a bonus location outside of my country because Wayfarer was literally broken, and we couldn't even reach out to whoever was in charge(no forums then).