Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Boys and Girls Clubs same as Scout Halls?

Just encountered a nomination located at a Boys and Girls Club. I'm already tempted to reject it on its merits alone because IMO it does not meeting the standard for "cool piece of art". But would a Boys and Girls Club be similar to a Scout Hall as well?

Answers

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like it, I would use the guideline described in hte November 2019 AMA:

Q56: Can we have a clarification on whether all properties owned by Scouts and Guides should be marked as "K12" please?

A56: I am told that if they’re full-time Cadet or Scout buildings where the primary purpose is gathering of people in the K-12 age range with a membership component, it would be considered similar to a private daycare center and ineligible. However, if it’s a public gathering place that’s occasionally used for Scout or Guide meetings, then yes it would be eligible.

• AeriTheBOFH-PGOAeriTheBOFH-PGO Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭

The "art" is mediocre at best, and I'm not convinced it's permanent. If that is the main nomination photo, it's not the greatest photo either.

A "Boys and Girls Club" should be similar to a scout hall, however the main nomination photo is not focused on a sign depicting it as such. Therefore if it was me, I'd evaluate it based on the art, not the cultural significance of it being a club.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Regardless of being evaluated as art or cultural significance, the question would still be if it is on a building primarily used for k-12 related activities.

Some Boys and Girls Clubs are primarily administrative buildings or occasionally used for training and adult resources/aides for their mentoring and kids rarely (if ever) enter. If it was my nomination, I would include that and if I was reviewing, I would look for the primary purpose of the building.

One in my town is purely administrative and resources and has approved Waypoints that I would consider acceptable. Another I'm familiar with from my home region runs several youth focussed programs throughout the day that I would consider unacceptable.

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

The club that @TheFarix-PGO linked in their original post is flagged as a "youth organisation" by Google, so I would definitely say that it's a K12 premises at the very least.