Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Unable to login to communities/forum on Chrome

I have been a member of Wayferers for around a week, and have been unable to login to the Communities (these forums) ever since I joined.

This issue is with Chrome on both my Google Pixel phone and my Windows 10 laptop.

I arrive at the forums and click "Sign In with Pokémon Go", then select "Sign In with Google". A pop-up window then opens, asking for my credentials (saved to the browser, so all information is entered correctly). It then begins to load, saying "one moment please", but then the pop-up closes, and the login page says "Something went wrong with your sign-in process. Please check your pop-up blocker." I have the option of clicking "Sign In with Google" again, but I get stuck in this endless loop.

I have been able to login (finally) to the forums by using Edge on my laptop, but this is really inconvenient as I am mostly on my phone which uses Chrome and has all my data and login details saved and synced.

Nevertheless, I wanted to raise this issue as I previously had no means of doing so - I could not contact any support without being logged in! This has me wondering whether other users are stuck "outside" with no means of alerting us to their presence, so hopefully this issue can be looked into and the door can be opened (but don't keep it open, you'll let all the hot air out!). 😊

Tagged:
3 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you had issues logging in on Chrome! Can you confirm if you have enabled cookies on your browser?

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Are you making sure you're logging in with the google account associated with your pokemon go account? Chrome/Google sometimes has me signed into my non-games account by default, different from the ones I use for games, and then tries to sign me in using the non-game account.

If your browser has you signed into a different account by default, might be worth a try to sign out of it before signing into the forums.

• freebirdnerd-PGOfreebirdnerd-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭

Yes, I have cookies enable on both my phone and browser, and tried both after clearing my cache, too. I have since tried to log in using Chrome on my phone, and still have the same issue. I can (evidently!) access the forums with no issues with Edge, but as I said, there may be others who have encountered this problem.

@GearGlider-ING Thanks for the tips. I only have the one Google account, and it is what I have linked to my game. The way I have tried logging in on both browsers is identical, but Edge signs me in and Chrome encounters an error. I'm really not sure at which end the problem is, especially since others on here access via Chrome.

Either way, I'm very glad I can at least access the forums now, but I'm happy to help resolve the issue if I can. Thanks for the support.

• Strawps-INGStrawps-ING Posts: 11 ✭✭

Fellow Windows 10 (desktop) Chrome browser and mobile Pixel (3) user here. I am (was) also unable to use Google log-in on Chrome on desktop (uBlock Origin turned off) but am able to sign in through Firefox.

So I don't know why it is required to allow tracking browsing activity across all sites, but I was able to successfully sign in on the Chrome browser by selecting "Allow all cookies" shown in the screenshot below from Settings - Privacy and Security - Cookies and other site data. Perhaps that may be able to help you use the forums on Chrome. I don't have to allow it for any other website or accounts, so maybe they will update that part of the login process through Chrome.

• Strawps-INGStrawps-ING Posts: 11 ✭✭

@NianticCasey-ING The issue may be as I have shown above. If that is the case, it would be nice to not have to allow unnecessary third-party cookies if possible.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

This week I tried to login using Chrome to another website with a Google login, and it showed me a warning that 3rd party cookies were disabled, after I allowed cookies for that site it worked.

So it's possible for the forums to detect that 3rd party cookies are blocked and they should add that check so people can understand what's going on.

• Rinn10-PGORinn10-PGO Posts: 1

@freebirdnerd-PGO Thank you so much for your original post. I've been a reviewer for a year now and have never been able to log into the Wayfarer Community Forums until I saw your post, opened Microsoft Edge, and had no problem at all.

I allowed cookies, turned of ad blocker etc in Chrome and it never worked. Weird! But thank you so much for posting your solution.

• DoyenEric-PGODoyenEric-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

Can confirm, this is the fix.

You can also select "Block all 3rd party cookies in Incognito Mode" as well and that will work.

• Quivittoq-PGOQuivittoq-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

In my case it was the active Ghostery add blocker. After I selected "Trust this site" in Ghostery on every webpage during the logon process, I could finally sign-in the community forum and write this response.