Marked as being non existent.

Hi,

I run guest accommodation in 2 venues and a newer cafe. I have nominated both holiday accommodation spots and had bpth rejected. One for being residential, which I understand, and one for being the site of illicit or adult activity, which I do not.

Finally i submitted our cafe which has been open less than 2 months.

It was rejected on the basis it did not exist and was close to a place of illicit activity.

As you can see it does exist.

Cafe MJ

077 533 766

As does Hillside Haven, which is a normal holiday accommodation provider listed on Booking and Airbnb.

Hillside Haven

077 533 766

I understand that the community will not accept the hotel despite it being the former holiday home of a famous Albanian author.

I do not understand the rejection of a cafe with proper licensing clearly displayed on Google Maps as being non existant and in a place of illicit activity.

Any help you can offer?

Thanks

Erik

Comments

• jaimelee81-PGOjaimelee81-PGO Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, only one person has to click that rejection reason for it to show up on the list of rejection reasons. Also, reviewers don’t seem to understand that when they are clicking “Location inappropriate” it shows up as “illicit activities” in the email. They probably just think the location is not appropriate for approval is all.

• MatkaErik-PGOMatkaErik-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

So,

Do I take new pictures and resubmit?

Before we rented this place we walked past it daily on our trip up the canyon to spin at the pokestops there.

For the whole of the Tourist season an estimated 300000 pass by here on foot.

We hope the cafe will function year round.

Can i just resubmit?

Thanks,

Erik

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, before you resubmit, make sure your Google imagery is correct. The pins should show on the map in the correction locations, and have photospheres up and active. It is important to show your nomination as much as possible rather than rely on text (lots of nominators lie in their text, so reviewers tend to distrust it without the images to back it up). This should serve your business well whether you get these stops approved or not, and should offset the “does not exist” rejection.

Hotels and cafes are not eligible on their own and often get rejected as “inappropriate” (the reviewers are - wrongly - trying to say in one click that the subject of the nomination does not meet criteria); they need to convey some kind of visual uniqueness or historic value in addition to being a great place to socialize. So in the supporting info add links to any pieces in local media that emphasize the value of the place, as well as third-party rating services to show popularity and relevance.

Alternately, if you have any statuary or fountains or other permanent decor that is unique to the property, it would make for a better nomination subject than the business itself.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

A hotel is not eligible simply for being a hotel. However, having been the home of a famous author could certainly make it acceptable under the exploration criteria as a historic cultural location. I would suggest putting as much emphasis on the historical aspect as possible, linking to sources (historical information, news articles) in the supporting info as appropriate.

Similarly, a cafe is not eligible just for being a cafe. It needs to be a particularly well-renowned/popular cafe. Given that you state your cafe has been open for less than two months, I doubt that enough time has passed for it to become a real local hotspot. If it is a real hotspot, though, you will need to demonstrate that with things like highly positive reviews and awards, again preferably linked in the supporting info.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

Simply existing - is not an acceptance criteria. How many people pass by it - does not matter.

They need to be a great place to explore, or exercise, or be social. Please read the criteria here https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/new/criteria/eligibility and/or check out Niantic's new graphic, here https://us.v-cdn.net/6032079/uploads/HDLVYFQRWAKB/nia-wayfarer-eligibility-infographic-01-281-29.png

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

It sound as if all these nominations were correctly rejected.