Reviewers reject e-ve-ry-thing

What is wrong with some reviewers?

A public dance sports hall was rejected for "private property"??

A community health service because of "temporary display"??

The entrance of a park rejected because of 'does not meet criteria'??

All were on street view and were named on Google maps! The amount of rejections is completely insane (except for dull trail markers with a number and an arrow).

This is not ok, this lottery is really disappointing. Can 1 idiot reviewer really have a kind of veto by giving 1 star because that's the fastest way to review? This is not making the game any better.

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

If you share your full nominations, people here will be able to provide feedback and help you to know whether the rejections were justified.

• Can someone please explain to me how to comment with screen shots? I tried on smartphone, tablet and laptop with the "image" button, but my comment does not appear.

The point is: literally every fellow reviewer in my area expeciences this. Playgrounds, basketball fields, soccer fields, parks, historic monuments are all rejected. We often see each others nominations. But even if you know 2-3 fellow wayfares rated 4-5 stars: it's rejected. It feels like "if 1 says no, it's a no". If you say that a majority is rejecting parks, playgrounds sports facilities and so on, that is a major concern.

It used to take months or even years to get a non-upgraded nomination into voting. Now it takes 2 weeks. Non-upgrades even go faster than upgraded ones. Something has changed.

Comments with images in need to be approved by the forum moderators so won’t show right away.

2-3 nominators rating 4-5 stars wouldn’t make a difference if 20-30 others rated 1 star.

Once the images are approved, I’m sure some further insight can be given.

• Poem on the dance sports hall ("danscentrum" in dutch) in an area with just companies. "private property". It is a permanent en public sports hall.

• Trying to comment for the 3rd time (didn't work on smartphone, didn't work on tablet, now on laptop.............)

Poem on the dance sports hall (Danscentrum in Dutch), clearly mentioned in the description. Rejected for "private property", but it is in an area with just companies.

I'll put the others here if it works this time.

The point is: literally every reviewer in my area experiences this. Playgrounds, basketball fields, parks, everything get rejected for no reason. It feels like if 1 says no, it's a no. Sometimes, we see each other's nominations. Even if you know 2-3 fellow reviewers rated 4-5 stars, it still gets rejected. If this means a majority of reviewers is rejecting playgourds, sports fields, parks, historic monuments, this is a concern.

It used to take months, even years to get a non-upgraded nomination in voting. Now it takes like 2 weeks. They even go faster than upgraded ones. Something has definitely changed...

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 or 3 people aren't enough to form a consensus towards approval since there could be as many as 25 to 50 people reviewing the nomination. On top of that, the weight of your review is determined by your Wayfarer rating. If that many nominations are consistently being rejected, then the first place to look is at the nominations themselves and if they conform to acceptance guidelines. And in the end, are they really good nominations or are they trivially uninteresting objects submitted only to get "more Pokestops"?

• Here's the dance sports club (Danscentrum in Dutch), as mentioned in the description with a lovely poem about dancing (in Dutch). "Private property".

This is the community health service (wijkgezondheidscentrum in Dutch) with not only GP's, nurses and other caregivers, but also with active lifestyle promotion. Rejected because of temporary display. It is a permanent centre with a permanent window logo.

And this the entrance of the park. "Does not meet criteria". The sign says "public domain" which is marking a public park in my area.

The point is: I hear this feedback from literally every wayfarer reviewer in my community, even people with 10k+ reviews. They only nominate trailmarkers, because all other things get rejected. Playgrounds, basketball fields, parks... Not eligible! Often we see each others nominations: perfect location, good photo, places to explore. We are so surprised by the rejection rate even if we know 2-3 of us rated 4 or 5 stars.

This means a majority of reviewers appears not to take the review seriously and that is a major concern. It feels more like "if 1 doesn't agree, game over"

Earlier, people had to wait for months or even years to get it reviewed, nowadays it takes 2 weeks for non-upgraded nominations. They even get in voting round faster than upgraded ones. Something has really changed over here.

• I did a long reply, but after clicking "post comment" it did not get posted... 

Poem on the dance sports hall (Danscentrum in Dutch), clearly mentioned in the description. Rejected for "private property", but it is in an area with just companies.

I'll put the others here if it works this time.

The point is: literally every reviewer experiences this. Playgrounds, basketball fields, parks get rejected for no reason. It feels like if 1 says no, it's no. Sometimes, we see each other's nominations. Even if you know 2-3 reviewers rated 4-5 stars, it still gets rejected.

If this means a majority of reviewers is rejecting eligible nominations, this is a concern.

• DeBozeVoederaar-PGODeBozeVoederaar-PGO Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

I don't know the translation, but you have 4 categories going from bad - moderate - good - great?

I'm in the 4th category (great?) with 4000+ reviews. And comparing with my fellows with the same high rejection rates (but higher reviewer stats in number and also "great"), I'm the noob.

We are not reviewing "interestingness", we review by criteria. If working out, playing, being outside, enjoying nature is a valid nomination, nominations should be accepted if the photo is clear and the location is correct...

Just to add to @TheFarix-PGO ’s comment. Your other one is on health centre/GP’s office which could fall under obstructing emergency services. Imagine if people were gathered around for a raid on Pokémon GO whilst something was going on?

That's where you are wrong. @NianticDanbocat has stated as recently as yesterday that there is a difference between eligibility and acceptability and that the majority decision of the reviewers get to determine the latter. Just because something is "eligible" doesn't mean reviewers have to accept it.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

A public dance sports hall - sounds like a business. Those are hard to get through. They could ask Niantic to sponsor a waystop.

A community health service - no, obstructs emergency services.

The entrance of a park - sign just says "Public domain". Does the park have anything more interesting?

• SlicedPeas-INGSlicedPeas-ING Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭

Only trail markers get accepted.

Hahahahahahahaha.

This forum cracks me up.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, be aware that when you post images, your comment is suspended pending post approval. That’s why they didn’t show up at first.

As for your nominations, while I cannot comment on the text because the only German I speak is a Rammstein phrase or two, those photos are very poor and certainly appear to be ineligible.

• It's Dutch, not German.

The park has a community garden an public BBQ, which was mentioned in the description.

The health community service does NOT do emergency interventions. They never do. We have 2 hospitals nearby doing BLS interventions.

So now you all are giving comments why you would not accept it. But no one explained to me why it was 'private property', or 'temporary display' (it's permanent). So you prove that the whole feedback idea is useless.

And no one can explain why the waiting times have shortened substantially.

Ok, let's just nominate these very interesting signs to explore. Look at those lovely colours. Unique and historic of course, thousands of them, just not in cities but only suburbs. A home gym, anyone?

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I speak even less Dutch than I do German!

The rejection reasons and feedback system are deeply flawed. The reviewer view and nominator e-mail have different descriptions in many categories, and some reviewers seem to simply click on the most convenient rejection reason rather than actually try to find the correct response. This is why responses in this thread are ignoring your rejection reasons: we all know from experience (both personal and from other posts in here) that the reasons you get are inaccurate, incomplete, and inconsistent. This is one of the biggest flaws in the Wayfarer system, and a repeated and widespread source of frustration.

edited September 2021

None of us can give a specific reason why a reviewer chooses a specific rejection reason. We aren't mind readers after all. At best, we can just give you feed back as to why the nomination was rejected in the first place and if it is something that would be acceptable to reviewers in general. But it seems that you are not here for such feedback and would rather "argue the point".

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

The dance/sports hall seems a good candidate to me as you have described it as a public facility.

By focusing on the poem, you are presenting a confusing picture. So although a poem sounds good, if there is a sign saying dance/sports hall use that so it’s clear. If there is a website about it put the link in supplementary info.

The decline reasons are nonsense - too many just whizzing through picking any old reason. Because these reviewers exist you need to make the most of what you have. It’s annoying that the reasons are useless but at the moment we have to live with it.

• jaimelee81-PGOjaimelee81-PGO Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

A community garden also sounds interesting. Perhaps nominate that for itself