Outdoor gym for elderly and people with disabilities. NOT ACCEPTED

I'm wondering why my submission wasn't accepted. Not rejected, but not even put into the pool.

This is the picture I used for the nomination

Description

This outdoor gym is designed specifically to be used by people in wheelchairs, and people with various disabilities. There is a regular exercise bike, along with a hand-bike. Three pedal bike stands that can be used either from the bench or from a wheelchair, along with a few other things like balancing boards with handrails. The exercise machines can be connected to your smartphone by scanning the QR Code to download an app, which then connect via bluetooth to the machine.

Betty Nansens Alle 55, 2000 Frederiksberg, Danmark

Supplemental Information  

This outdoor gym is excellent, it encourages the people living in the nearby retirement homes to get some exersice and its pretty decent quality. Its located between the retirement homes on Betty Nansens Allé and can be seen on Street View. Its publicly available and may be used by anyone.

Two more pictures (not submitted) just for clarification

Comments

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

what do you mean with "not accepted" and in the next phrase "not rejected" ?

Did you get an accept-mail but it didn't appear on the intel-map ?

with the new lighship-platform it's possible that not everything is synced to the intel map.

they are working on the issue and when fixed maybe some day it might get synced.

on the nomination itself: I don't see any reason why it should be rejected, unless you pinned it 3 blocks down the road.

It looks like it's on a new site, how's the sattelite view, everything in place or still a construction-site?

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Even after reviewers choose to accept a nomination, there are automatic checks that can result in a nomination being rejected from the Lightship database. While these checks are undisclosed, one that we knew about was that any new Wayspot cannot be within 20 meters of an existing Wayspot. However, that rules seems to have changed with Ingress's migration to Lightship.

• Opspin-PGOOpspin-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

I mean that in the wayfarer system it says not accepted, As soon as it shows up, it’s marked as not accepted. I really hope this just means “not accepted yet” or pending.

I thought maybe the wording I used had had some automated system flag it, so I submitted the same gym again changing the wording to accessibility, again it was marked not accepted, a third time submitted with only the most vague description (Ingress specifically tells you to make the title both unique and descriptive) and it too was not accepted.

I guess it could be because I submitted on the same spot in a short period and it was caught that way.

To answer my name-brothers question @Thor3381-ING the satellite view shows it, and it’s even visible on street view so I thought this was an easy nomination.

Where can I read more about Lightship?

I don’t think anyone had a chance to review my nominations as they were marked as not accepted as soon as they showed up in Wayfarer. I’ve not received any emails about them.

I've previously nominated a volleyball court nearby, which it automatically used my upgrade on to fast track it. I was a bit surprised because it became an Ingress portal and a Pokéstop almost right away.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, Niantic hasn't made a whole lot know about Lightship other than it is the database of Wayspots from which Niantic's games draw their POIs from and that Ingress has recently migrated over to it earlier this month. Before the migration, Ingress was the master database with Lightship serving as an intermediary between Ingress and the other games.

• Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oof that title. I don’t know why it would be rejected as soon as you submitted but if you re-submit I would change the title to “Betty Nansens Allé Accessible Outdoor Gym”

I mean I know right?

This however states to enter a unique detailed title here. I do like your title better though.

The reason I used the wording “people with disabilities” instead of the maybe more common “disabled people” is actually because I work as a caretaker and I’ve learned that most people don’t like to be described by their negative traits.

I don’t mind being described by my positive traits, so go ahead and call me the longhaired tall blond Viking with the huge… beard.

On the other hand I wouldn’t want to be described as the ADHD dude, because I’m more than my ADHD.

In the same way, a person in a wheelchair is definitely not defined by their wheelchair, so I describe my friend as the stylish gamer girl who’s good at cooking (and who happens to be in a wheelchair) rather than describe her as that disabled girl, because she’s definitely not defined by that.

Anyway, sorry I’m rambling, thanks for coming to my ted talk

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic doesn't say "rejected". They say "not accepted" when they mean "rejected". I guess it sounds gentler. We just translate it to "rejected" amongst ourselves.

On https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/new/nominations your filter options are:

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭

They also use reject and rejected, and even have a section on Rejection Criteria, for whatever it’s worth.

Oh, I think I found out why it was rejected, I might have forgotten to mention this.

The three times I tried to nominate, I used pictures take. With my Canon 6D DSLR camera, which I imported to my phone. Because better pictures right?

Well it seems some automatic software doesn’t like when you don’t use the phones built in camera. I really wish that was stated somewhere or that you would get a warning message in Ingress.

• Seems fine, and as I think peeps have clarified, yes Not Accepted means it was rejected. If it came back as rejected fast, just means reviewers were on top of it.

For anyone wondering, I believe I’ve solved it.

Here's my nomination, currently in queue.

Betty Nansens Allé Accessible Outdoor Gym

Description

This accessible outdoor gym features rotation platforms for strengthening mobility and coordination, balancing board with optional handrails, mobilityring for endurance and flexibility, arm trainer for arms and back muscles, Nordic Trainer for aerobic arm training, as well as three different bluetooth enabled training bikes that allows you to track your progress on your phone.

Betty Nansens Alle 55, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark

Supplemental Information

Nice wheelchair accessible gym, can be seen on the newest street view on Betty Nansens Allé. Its a great place to go to train and socialize, and its specifically made with accessibility in mind.

Here's a picture of the poster, explaining the different training options (in danish)

Any additional feedback/critique before I upgrade would welcomed and very much appreciated.

Thanks again @Stephyypooke-ING for your excellent title suggestion!

I never received an email with a Portal submission confirmation for the ones where I took a picture with my DSLR.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

That nomination looks so much better. Sorry you got those system rejections, but I’m glad that, I’m the meantime, you were able to take feedback from here to improve your submission.