Update: In-Game Contribution Limit - Discussion

Comments

• TrevorAlan-PGOTrevorAlan-PGO Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, same question. I have somewhere I'm going on the 15th, and I was going to save my 7 submissions that I am getting back around the 1st of October for then. So I'd hope I still keep my 7 I'd already have when the 12th rolls around... Because otherwise I'd only get to submit like 2 things in that area and lose my 7 slots.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Title Edits - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
    • Description Edits - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max

I take this to mean I accrue 2 per day, forever (no maximum accrual). I can use up to 40 per day, until I run out of accrued.

I like to explore places with my drone. And I like to do mission banners, then go through the keys I got from hacking (like a travelogue). If I'm at a place with lots of misspelled Titles, I could submit 40 edits one day, and another 40 the next.

That sounds fine for proven nominators/editors. But it's a big frightening for new people who submit their dog because "need moar pokestopz".

• Duiomar-PGODuiomar-PGO Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least in my area, submissions take so long without upgrades that I end up upgrading every single one. This means I end up reviewing enough for an upgrade for every submission, so it probably does help overall if I, and people in cells that require upgrades, get more submissions that are worthless without 100 or so reviews. As for people in cells that aren't taking 2 years to resolve? I'm sure this will slow things down a little for them, but those cells are so boosted anyway that I can't imagine they'll see that big of a dip.

• charlahinkle-PGOcharlahinkle-PGO Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

With whatever change that was implemented recently allowing nominations to actually move through the queue I would have probably waited until all the back logs were less than 30 days before doubling submissions for Pogo.

For me personally, as a rural player and obviously the only player who submits it helps me out greatly. I have about an 80% acceptance rate. My nominations move through quickly without upgrades.

However, as a reviewer I know a lot of things I review have been sitting g in queue forever. How do I know this? It's been at least 7 months since I've seen snow on the ground here. Many nominations in large cities in my state have snow in the pictures. That means they have been hanging around a while. Let's fix the backlog. Then add nomination capability.

• CheeryDog-PGOCheeryDog-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭

I mean it won't mean anything, as I can still with the same as I used to, but choosing with 7 eligible submissions I should be focusing on each fortnight was part of the fun.

I'm likely to run out of things in my area with an increased limit and will therefore be submitting more "maybe" submissions. (Well tbh I feel like sometimes I've already done that). It took me multiple months to submit a fitness trail (well actually 2 years as I stopped completely when the pandemic hit and the final nomination therefore didn't happen) Now I'll have the ability to do them all at once?

I don't feel like that's actually encouraging me to go back after they're accepted.

• iHellRaiser-INGiHellRaiser-ING Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

More submission will definitely lead to more bad nominations. I hope the review ranks don’t change much because of this influx of nominations.

• ApplPsydarr-PGOApplPsydarr-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

I'm excited for this. Plus it seems my local nominations are going in faster than before so whatever you are doing to fix the backlog please keep doing it. Where nominations used to take over a year, I just had several be submitted and accepted within 3-5 weeks. Also with uploading later I have several parks and trails I need to nominate and only doing 7 at a time would mean a few years to get all the stops done and in game.

• ScaryS0ul-PGOScaryS0ul-PGO Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

I'm guessing, with the recent niantic doing their in-house review, they gonna are planning to do more in-house review to accommodate the increase number of submissions? Because i highly doubt they would increase the submission knowing there are a lot of backlog out there

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

Just did some reviewing, someone actually nominated a primary school (nice of the nominator to put it in the title as well)

another nomination of some houses "who knows just moved here"

The submitter test they've mentioned once would be applicable on anyone who reaches the level requirements that allow them to submit. So the ones that already don't know the criteria but can already submit can keep on doing this. Even more than now...

Current rubbish-inflow needs to be stopped, not quite motivating for reviewers. Yes, you can think: "easy agreement" But the same goes for great nominations, those are also easy agreements.

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I like the increased number of nominations, but there is still the problem of the queues and junk submissions.

So you have to motivate the revs better. Locally, the number of revs have dwindled ever since Wayfarer started, which I think is due to the very harsh rating of revs before and timeouts. So you have to motivate the revs better somehow. And a submitter test might not be a bad idea, either.

Post edited by Mormegil71-ING on
  • TeamRocky15-PGOTeamRocky15-PGO Posts: 39 ✭✭

Testing the submitter BEFORE they can submit is supposed to be bad...?

Unfortunately, some learn it only the "hard way" and those who are not willing to take up the topic first and to inform themselves BEFORE, in my opinion can't have good intentions anyway.

Therefore, it would only make sense to lock them out from the start if they fail the test.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,127 Ambassador

Just did some reviewing, someone actually nominated a primary school (nice of the nominator to put it in the title as well) and another nomination of some houses "who knows just moved here

Always nice when the submitter shoots themselves in the foot and gives you an easy agreement.