Update: In-Game Contribution Limit - Discussion

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

I’m sure for a certain game, very very few nominators read the criteria and then even less actually follow it.

• SirKingIke-PGOSirKingIke-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I don't submit much, but when I do, I do a lot. (Exploring new parts of the city, new cities etc) So i think 1 per day, up to 40 sounds good to me. This will be a welcomed change on my side.

Same goes for abusive stuff. In my opinion these reports should be even more limited, but also checked better. Reporting system is basicly useless anyway, since you just need the confirmation to post on the forums to get it actually removed. It would be great if reports ingame would actually matter more, and if that works through limiting I would def. be okay with that.

I really, really dont like the edit stuff though. The waypoint network doesnt really emphazise on great quality (eventhough it tries to). I like to provide thought through titles, description and take a nice new picture in good quality to improve existing waypoints - even when just visting cities. Especially for pictures this can be very annoying to be limited at "just 40". The limit and daily rate should be double in my opinion. Also when visiting new cities i try to make an AR-scan of any location i come across. Mainly for my ingress medal though, but having only 200 for a trip to a new cities is really demotivating. I think 400 per 7 days was a good rate, i still capped it once in a while - so i would even vote for raising the limit even more - not cutting it in half :(

• RobWaudby-INGRobWaudby-ING Posts: 185 ✭✭✭

This is going to be great for the Pokémon community but the ingress reviewing community is going to hate it.

Do we expect to see a change in criteria for Pokémon go players?

Will this increases abuse from both submitters and reviewers?

I hope they talk a little about this in the AMA as we deserve some answers.

• pokestophope-INGpokestophope-ING Posts: 72 ✭✭✭

Or.... it's a typo and they meant not rather than now. Which is how it reads to me in the context of the rest of the post...

• BeVewyVewyQwiet-PGOBeVewyVewyQwiet-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

I'm already waiting 6 months to get playgrounds and murals accepted. Increasing the amount of submissions without earning them through reviews seems entirely unnecessary. 99% of players of both games have no interest in reviews but there is no penalty to people who just submit a seven lousy things in case one of them might make it through each week.

• Duiomar-PGODuiomar-PGO Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Removing the L17 cell restriction to stop the slight location edits that are often impossible to genuinely evaluate is an interesting idea. Would there be some other restriction to compensate, ie upping the exclusion radius to 25m? I imagine that would remove a lot of gyms and annoy people, but there would surely need to be some added requirements to keep the gameboard from getting too cluttered. I also doubt a game's team is willing to make such a big change for the sake of Wayfarer.

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Niantic isn't gonna change criteria based on game. Everything comes from Lightship now.

Yeah, why not make the regain of nominations much slower, like 1 every other day or less. Then you get earn more quicker through reviewing? Or a low cap that you can go beyond by reviewing?

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you **** of a part of your brain you can everyday explore the 5 minutes to the pokestop like it was the first time.

• Hear the dog of the neighbours bark when you pass the lawn
    • See the birdhouse with never a bird
    • And then you are there
  • AisforAndis-INGAisforAndis-ING Posts: 1,072 Ambassador

Or, hear me out, they could properly respond to the criticism and delay/rework/cancel/overhaul this.

• AisforAndis-INGAisforAndis-ING Posts: 1,072 Ambassador

Couldn't have said this better myself.

I would like to clarify that, even though there is a potential situation where this could work if other improvements are made, it would just be infinitely better to tie extra nominations to reviewing. Reviewers need more incentives.

Niantic hasnt informed us about the other changes that will come in October.

They had to tell us this beforehand, because, well, they wouldnt be able to launch the next version and "By the way, we have taken away all your submissions, you now have to let them build up to 40 days".

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Elijustrying-ING said "Personally I’m glad that there is an increase and the idea of a maximum accrual."

I don't think there is a maximum accrual. I read it that we accrue 1 a day (forever), and can use a maximum of 40 in a day.

So with 3 months of not nominating, you'd accrue 90 nominations. You could nominate 40 on the 91st day, another 40 on the 92nd day, then have 13 for the 93rd day.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

And lo! Within 2 minutes of posting this, here is todays first example of " Submitter has obviously not read the criteria at all". Expect more like this - lots more....... 😫

• DracFury-PGODracFury-PGO Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

This is great. I can now save up a load of nominations and now set off a genesis bomb on untapped villages / towns. Excellent.

i dont quite think that is what will happen. Theres a language barrier that shields us from getting the information into our language. In this case, i didnt really quite understand what happened when translating in german.

• WhiteRavenOs-PGOWhiteRavenOs-PGO Posts: 32 ✭✭

Great alternative idea:

Keep the 7 per 14 Days to avoid major backlog in the Wayferer system, but allow players to store infinite(?) amount of submissions on our device so we can upload them using the new "upload later" feature when the 14 days are passed.

BUT if a nomination gets accepted the 14 days timer for that nomination gets instantly reset to zero days. This would encurage to only nominate high quality waypoints and rewards players for nominating without overloading the system.

Additionally people who get thier nominations flagged as "fake" or "abuse" frequently should get a reduced amount of available submissions until the point where they can´t sumbit anything at all. Since we can´t see the name of the submitter and multiple wayfinders would have to flag them it is almost impossible to target specific players who did nothing wrong.

While i´m at it: There needs to be more incentive for players to review waypoints, besides of the upgrades (which are absolutly conterproductive within Europe anyway)

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,481 Ambassador

I live in a stagnant area where nothing moves unless upgraded. I do still submit locally as things turn up. I don’t need many as it’s not often I see something new.

But when I go away even for a day to an area with nothing it’s great to be able to submit and make a huge difference - and on these occasions I can easily not have enough which is a real shame.

Niantic has done very little to look after it’s volunteer work force - perhaps with DanBocat there will be a different attitude towards the wayfarer community and they will work to keep what they have and encourage more good reviewers.