Firestations

I am curious about firestations as stops. It seems like these carry the risk of interfering with emergency services, yet I have seen several as stops. Is it just that they are accessible from sidewalks, or am I missing something? I will confess that I know little of firestations in terms of layout and what would impede functionality.

Tagged:

Comments

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

Stops at firestations can obstruct emmergency services, hence they need to be rejected (cfr Hospitals)

This is clearly mentioned in the rejection criteria

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Additionally, even "grandfathered" fire stations should be reported to Niantic, and will* be removed.

*you may need to also file an Appeal in the appropriate forum if the initial removal request is denied.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me see see if I understand:

Niantic has a database full of POIs that we can play with in our games, but they allowed some in, and even injected a bunch themselves, that they now consider to be unsafe.

So, they do a bunch of title/description searches and look at the ‘What Is It?’ Categories and they remove those suckers post-haste, right?

Then, they offer Wayfarers a bounty for reporting any that fall through the cracks, and they act Uber-promptly on those, also?

No? They hope we’ll file reports and appeals that make our gameplay less fun, so they may reduce their liability?

Seriously?

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me see see if I understand:

Niantic has a database full of POIs that we can play with in our games, but they allowed some in, and even injected a bunch themselves, that they now consider to be unsafe.

Yep

So, they do a bunch of title/description searches and look at the ‘What Is It?’ Categories and they remove those suckers post-haste, right?

Not exactly.

It seems that they only have a title and some coordinates for the latest bunch "PoI" added, and in the old ones they also had a photo, but they never had a description or a "What is it?" data (or maybe they have them in the foursquare data?, but they were unable to check if the coordinates are in the middle of a highway or in the sea).

Then, they offer Wayfarers a bounty for reporting any that fall through the cracks, and they act Uber-promptly on those, also?

Yeah, you got a nice pat on the back for your nice work. Or not.

No? They hope we’ll file reports and appeals that make our gameplay less fun, so they may reduce their liability?

Seriously?

You feel the power of being the almighty wayfarer that prevented thousands of deaths by removing a wayspot at a decorated fire hose.