Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Approved Portals not showing on Map/no key in inventory

Comments

• iHellRaiser-INGiHellRaiser-ING Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

I am not sure it works like that. The two places I submitted here are still not available in ingress when those are pokestops in Pokémon go. Beside those two all places accepted are available in ingress and Pokémon go. My guess would be something happened during that migration and those are the ones which are not getting synced properly.

If updating something in Pokémon go will bring it in Ingress, I have to check.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Do give the liking of the poke stop photo a try.

I think the timing is important. You could see it within 6/7 hours or it could take 30 hours if the timing is out.

• iHellRaiser-INGiHellRaiser-ING Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

I will try that , let’s try different things since there is no update from the proper channel 😀😀

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Have Niantic take no on board the fact that liking a pokestop in pogo can make it appear in Ingress if missing and using that information to fix the bug?

Or is Niantic too busy introducing new bugs 🤪

• I can confirm both Wayspots now appear in Ingress as well, 22 hours after their photos were liked

The Sync happened around midnight U.K.

This was for the portal that I liked after PoGo sync on the 24th.

So it had to wait until PoGo Sync on 25th and then 5 hours later the Ingress sync.

I didn’t get any AP or a credit for finding a portal, but I was issued with a portal key.

So the refreshed data recognises I am entitled to a portal key but that’s it.

• reedekolmteist-INGreedekolmteist-ING Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

It is great that the liking a photo on Pokemon Go works, but I have at least two accepted POIs in Ingress, that have not appeared in Pokemon Go (due to being in a POI dense cell).

Also liking a photo in Pokemon Go needs L38. So Ingress agents who do not have a Pokemon Go account, or are not on a high enough level, cannot use this trick.

Would love some feedback from Niantic to see when will this issue be solved.

• harpsM-INGharpsM-ING Posts: 6 ✭✭

My 2 missing portal has finally showed up too after giving like on pogo photo. Lucky for me they both were local.

I did get the ingress keys but I don't see my portal count has gone up. Not sure about the AP though. Hope once issues are sorted count goes up too.

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of mine I cannot like in Pogo because it didn't appear there as it shared a cell with another stop.

In ingress it should appear, it's much more than 20 metres away from the closest one and not a dense cell, but it doesn't.

So there is more way to like this in Pogo to make it appear in Ingress

• Ochemist-INGOchemist-ING Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭

So with several examples I think we can safely say this is a cure for the bug.

I really appreciate you testing this and spreading the information widely, but for me this is far, far from a cure. It's a stop-gap measure that alleviates some of the pain, but it's far from a fix.

• The stat tick for portals discovered and UPVs are very important for some.
    • As others have mentioned, this doesn't help if no pokestop/gym is created.
    • This doesn't help when the portals are located in remote locations. For example, if I go someplace hard to get to and submit a portal, I want to be able to use it next time I am able to get there, which might be many months later. I don't want to have to like the pokething picture on my second trip and wait for my third trip (if it ever happens) to use the portal.

I fully agree cure was not the best word to use. And I continue to press for a full explanation and resolution.

The missing AP is not a big thing for me but the lack of credit in the portals discoverEd is. I have a third example that if I made an effort I could force into ingress but I am leaving it alone for now.

• kamikatze07-INGkamikatze07-ING Posts: 82 ✭✭✭✭

Exactly. Ingress should always be the master database because of the different gamestyle. Every portal matters and i only submit them to get new portals

• PachiEdmonton-PGOPachiEdmonton-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

Just thought I would mention that this stop IS showing up in Harry Potter. I had a friend who plays check today. Is there a way to like photos in Harry Potter? This would be the 20th stop in the larger cell and would mean a 3rd gym in PoGo so it is a big deal to those who have been working towards this goal :-) @Elijustrying-ING

Post edited by PachiEdmonton-PGO on
  • 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would (metaphorically) like to add to this thread, that I’ve finally had this bug impact me. The oldest comment in this thread dates back to the beginning of August — making this over two months and running now. Unimaginable?

@NianticBrian-ING @NianticDanbocat @NianticAaron @NianticGiffard Whether this issue is due to a problem in Wayfarer or a problem in the way the Ingress portals are using the database to sync is irrelevant — the end result is the same. Our (the players) energy has been spent and our excitement is lagging.

That the issue only happens for those nominations manually reviewed by Niantic staff is telling, given that all the ones reviewed by players still populate into Ingress as normal.

So in my case, three nominations got pulled on the same day, which is in itself fairly weird. I didn’t really need any help speed-wise, the turnaround time on reviews in my area are apparently quite fast on average — EVERYTHING else nominated prior to today has finished voting now, EXCEPT for these manual ones.

The first one (a historic building) was approved quickly as expected, but shares a S2 cell with an existing portal, so there can be none of this pogo “thumbs up” workaround for me.

The other two nominations still linger. One is a parkette that happens to share a cell with a restaurant, probably the weakest odds of approval out of the bunch. But it still qualifies under all rules, acceptance and proximity and everything else. The final one is a little painted mural, practically a shoe-in, so long as the reviewer actually takes the time to compare the supporting photo against the Streetview imagery of the buildings. But at least THAT one is in its own cell, and is in walking distance, so I could do the pogo thumbs trick to force it to sync.

And now I’m further worried that ANY of my current and future submissions will get invasion-of-the-body snatched to disappear forever, and so will be keeping a daily+ paranoid eye on my Nominations list to see if any more just up and disappear.

I seriously don’t understand why these manual nominations don’t just exit the review process identically to the player-reviewed ones, especially since THAT process still functions normally. Sigh.

Commiserations @0X00FF00-ING

I am now on number 4. It is 200 miles away so I won’t be giving the thumbs up anytime soon, perhaps some local players will who knows 🤷‍♀️

The Ingress game board is losing out as there will be plenty of instances of PoGo only players having created waypoints oblivious to this issue not realising there is a problem. So I think we are only aware of a fraction of the points affected.

It is also interesting to note you lost 3 at once. DanBocat described the selection as “quasi-random” It would be interesting to know more. If it’s linked to checking for closeness to PRP maybe it only selects those in urban areas.

I’m staggered that it is taking so long to fix this.

The problem must start in wayfarer as it is linked to those in-house reviews. Whatever it does, it is some recent “code” that means the sync from Lightship into the other games is essentially ok. Those games were always designed to fetch data into them from a database (Ingress). But the older coding in Ingress never had to cope with this.

It can’t see the POI, it can’t issue the key or the AP or a portal discovered - so no link to the individual Ingress player. Clearly the sync process refreshes the data for that POI and “removes”/resets” whatever the rogue code feature is and makes it recognisable to Ingress again. Allowing it to pick it up and curiously recognise the player and issue a key but presumably not quite enough to issue AP and note the portal discovered.

We also know the sync problem is wider with edits and photos.

We don’t know about effects on PoGo as the combination of proximity rules etc always mean there is a degree of uncertainty.

All the time the information on the intel map that has been used by both Ingress and PoGo to check for the existence of a POI and keep down duplicates is getting less useable.

@NianticTintino and @NianticDanbocat could the team investigating give us an update as to how the investigation is going please. Just hearing they are investigating again gives no faith they are making any progress.

I ditched HPWU at the start of lockdown so no idea if there is a way to interact.

I would start looking for another POI as this doesn’t seem to be resolving soon.

• Roherlihy-INGRoherlihy-ING Posts: 8 ✭✭

Very suprised this is still going on in October , I had a problem back at start of August where valid approval did not appear in any game , I then had 3 further approvals that appeared in both Ingress and Pogo , however on Oct 1 my next approval has not appeared in Ingress , but did in Pogo , its well away from any other portals.

• TheMatrix110-INGTheMatrix110-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

Why some Portal Nominations is approved but the candicate portal did not go online after one or more months?

I am sure there is not any other portals near the candicate portal.

For example:

this one

this one

and this one

• ShadowSoarer2-PGOShadowSoarer2-PGO Posts: 2
    edited October 2021

It does seem like one of my eligible nominations hasn't been incorporated into Ingress yet. It is has been about 11 days since that nomination has been eligible.

• B00JL5YI7G-PGOB00JL5YI7G-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
  • Sunlitgarden-INGSunlitgarden-ING Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

I have the same problem, got the acceptance email at 2:20 AM PST on 11/12 but it is still not showing on Intel. Nothing else around.

e00e3nwKQj90n3yq+Fkza53jUGuu8sC+brRzfwGOtek=

• jene4444ka-INGjene4444ka-ING Posts: 25 ✭✭

I received 2 mail about accepting portals - "If your submission is accepted in Ingress, then you will receive +1000 AP as well as its Portal Key for your discovery". However, more than 24 hours passed and portals did not appear in Ingress or Pokémon go. There are no portals near to hit "too close".

added a photo to the portal - did not appear in the portal

• Whoab0t-PGOWhoab0t-PGO Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Just popping in to say I had my first experience with this bug - had a very cool portal approved while on vacation, distanced well enough away from nearby portals, and....four-ish days later, no key.

• Badluckfairies-INGBadluckfairies-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

I've had this with two portals this week. Both are more than 20 metres away from other portals so there's no reason not to receive a key or the portals discovered count for them. As someone else said, I will no longer contribute to wayfarer if mine aren't going to show up as I don't want to waste my time.

• MattZapp17-INGMattZapp17-ING Posts: 20 ✭✭

Throwing my hat in this pile too, aha. This portal was accepted on Nov. 11th, 2021, and has not shown up in any games/I have not received the portal key yet.

• ForzaComo-INGForzaComo-ING Posts: 187 ✭✭✭

Ok, seems like there has been a massive sync on Ingress map today. A lot of portals that have been accepted earlier have appeared in game. Some of those are old ones approved by Niantic during the last 3 months or so, and some are wayspots accepted by Wayfarer community since 10th (?) of November.

These seem to give a key for the discoverer in Ingress, BUT they do not add to the total statistic of portals discovered. Also I am uncertain if they gave the 1000 (or 2x1000=2000) AP.