Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Reviewer rating dropped for no good reason

Comments

• Steaders-INGSteaders-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

This week I went from green to red in a day. After being green since the beginning of opr.

Back to yellow after taking the reset test today.

• deliocruzo-INGdeliocruzo-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

mine has dropped to poor too from amber after only 5 to 10 reviews. had previously been green until influx of new reviewers dropped me to amber then to red. of which i have retaken the test to set me back to amber. now when im back on wayfarer again, only after 5-10 reviews, it dropped my rating to poor as well. after which about 80 reviews has been agreed upon (as i got an upgrade for my nomination) all of which doesnt count towards the Recon badge. makes me quite sad. my percentage of agreements has always hovered nearing 60% mark.

• dopplegangerx-INGdopplegangerx-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

Same here. Normally I review 200 wayspots per day, last saturday I was green in my wayfarer profile and I didnt review any wayspots on sunday, then, monday morning I got red in my rating profile, so I decided to review only 10 wayspots per day taking my time in each review to make it better to get green in my profile again, but just a few moments ago after the first review of the day has appeared a message in my profile sayin that I will not be abel to review any wayspot in 24h because of a strange behave in the way I review wayspots, (c’mon i haven’t review any wayspot in 24h already, besides it was the first review of the day and it was a duplicated wayspot) so that’s why I know there’s something wrong with this, so i want to know where to report this situation before it gets worse. So I gess i must stop use wayfarer until I get any solution to this situation.

• carlobanchon-INGcarlobanchon-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

I dropped to red from green for the first time in 2 years yesterday.

Several reports with the same issue around my country were recepted.

• Dazzz123456-PGODazzz123456-PGO Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

I'm finding it more strange that my agreements are still going up.

• Kusi24-INGKusi24-ING Posts: 13 ✭✭✭

Currently Yellow after having been Green for years ....

I became a little stricter in the last weeks (giving more 1* and less 2*) and my agreement rate went up, not sure whether this also was to cause that my rating dropped?

I also have to say, that I saw more rubbish sumission in the last few weeks. Let's see whether in which direction my status will change. If it is red, I'll be out.

• AN0NIM07-PGOAN0NIM07-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

Here Community Players are also getting hit with rate drop.

by seeing that mass amount, i entered here & saw it is reported & acknowledged as bug.

I have said all the players to hold doing review until the bug is fixed & also not to take the rating fix exam when they fall to Red for now.

Hopefully the bug will be fixed soon

• daawg-INGdaawg-ING Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

This was recently announced:

Suddenly we are seeing experienced Wayfarer reviewers' ratings being dropped for no reason. My guess is that Niantic messed up the "2X credit" so, that also the 'disagreements' are doubled. This reminds me of the recent "double nominations for Ingress/PoGo" which in fact deducted the amount of extra nominations from Ingress/PoGo-players who used their nominations during the double special and folks went to negative numbers regarding the amount of new POI submissions available.

@NianticCasey-ING please investigate.

• kanirakki-INGkanirakki-ING Posts: 5 ✭✭✭

Same problem here. 10k+ agreements and from green to poor in one day...

• Kusi24-INGKusi24-ING Posts: 13 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Fun fact: now, 3 hours after my post I'm green again. No idea what rules are behind this rating...

Edit: 30 reviews later yellow again 🤔

Post edited by Kusi24-ING on
  • Qwizical-INGQwizical-ING Posts: 91 ✭✭✭✭

I've had shutter art rejected for being temporary (it's not) and abuse (it's not).

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

I see there was no update here, but Casey confirmed they are looking into it in this post: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/2072/wayfarer-rating-dropped-after-3-reviews

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

theres nothing wrong here, please continue your journey. these are not the droids you are looking for

• ZeroZeroZiete-INGZeroZeroZiete-ING Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

went from green to red in 3 days too, always been in green from the start

• SharkFanCologne-INGSharkFanCologne-ING Posts: 27 ✭✭✭

It's crazy. I haven't rated any other portal suggestions since I slipped to red. Still, my score is climbing in the matches. Still, I stay on red.

• kholman1-INGkholman1-ING Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Same here went from yellow to red after two votes this morning. A low quality picture of a trail head you could not read the sign and a natural exhibit for lions with just the exhibit and no signs that just had a fence and natural features two captchas back to back after rejecting them and red. I think something is wrong. Either we have really bad reviewing going on or recon calculations is throwing things off.

• jontebula-INGjontebula-ING Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

Now i have red and follow niantic guide and I feel it is bug now. I hope @NianticBrian-ING can help us and Wayfarer theme can fix the bug.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of the dedicated reviewers have layed down Our Work Here anyway. There is no Point in Making submissions ATM, and No Point in reviewing.

• Niickdus-PGONiickdus-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same thing here, only after evaluating only 3 editions and 1 church, my rating went to red so I paused until everything is back to normal.

• Saltedeggfries-INGSaltedeggfries-ING Posts: 25 ✭✭

My guess is cause Wayspots that should be rejected are mass approved for new pokestops or gyms while legit submissions are being rejected cause it didn't fit the plan with stupid reasons.

While reviewing, can see Wayspots that should have been rejected that got approved. This is prevalent in areas with larger organised Pokémon Go player groups.

Reviewers are now "pressured" to conform to approving junk in some areas just to keep their ratings.

P.S. Multi-accounts in PoGo that are level 40 are reviewing on different browsers on the same computer or on multiple devices to help with their own submissions.

• spinetingles-PGOspinetingles-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

I'm primarily a PoGo player and we've been having issues with perfectly eligible nominations that add value to all three games being rejected for completely unreasonable/bogus reasons, e.g. public outdoor playgrounds are being rejected as, 'Generic Business or Restaurant', 'Not culturally/historically significant', and occasionally 'On private property'. Trailhead signs are being rejected as 'A group of people'. Some members of my PoGo community believe Ingress agents on our Discord are deliberately sabotaging our nominations, however, I do not believe this to be true. I have seen plenty of ineligible submissions from PoGo players. Today my rating plummeted into the RED, after being at yelloe for roughly a week. Something is going seriously wrong with reviewing in Hobart (Tasmania, Australia) and has been since roughly the start of March, when lockdown was introduced to halt the transmission of COVID-19. It's creating a lot of frustration for individual Wayfarers and animosity between players of the different Niantic games. I really want to see some repercussions for whoever is doling out these mass unreasonable rejections. As it is, I'm too reluctant to use my currently available nominations. I've already had some 7 or so nominations wasted, and I'm sure there would be Wayfarers who've unfairly lost more than that.

• YEGlapin-PGOYEGlapin-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

My concern here is that if your votes are weighted higher based on your rating level, it means that a lot of poi currently winding itself through wayfarer will take a lot longer to be resolved.

I’m closing in on double Onyx recon badge for reviewing. (ie. nearly 20,000 agreements). I have never dropped to even Good after hitting Great after my first 150 reviews. I’m at roughly 82% agreement accuracy. Somehow I dropped to only Good. I won’t review anything until this is resolved.

Also, Wayfarer forum login is still completely borked for some Ingress Gmail accts. Can’t log into this forum with my Ingress IGN, can’t log into the dedicated Ingress forum still.

• Leonhart8-PGOLeonhart8-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

All this started cuz the Ingress Bagde? Nice Job 🙄

• Naruwasher-INGNaruwasher-ING Posts: 7 ✭✭

It’s a bug on the forum and has nothing to do with Ingress or the badge. The badge has been around for the longest time to begin with. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• PhilClane-INGPhilClane-ING Posts: 31 ✭✭

Same issue here, dropped to yellow, but still earning Agreements/Upgrades just after reaching Platinum Recon badge with constant green rating.

I don't think that it's related to the theories above regarding bad reviewers trying to trick the system etc. There are no bad wayspots popping up and additionally I got the same stuff like always to review, i.e. not more silly things than usually.

Like others I think it's related to the double Recon badge count, because it started to happen after this change went live.

Wayfarer (i.e. nominating AND reviewing) was fun for ~1 month since the upgrade issue was solved. But now the next major issue was introduced which gives a bad feeling...

I'll stop reviewing until further official details are posted here. As others write the same, the time to get feedback for a nomination will unfortunately be longer again... it was down to 3-5 days in the last weeks with an upgrade. This is really a pity now...

• bilde2910bilde2910 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

Went from green to yellow in one day of reviewing with 73% agreement rate (so far). I really liked reviewing, have reviewed almost 2,000 in total so far, but I honestly don't see why I should keep doing it if it my rating keeps tanking. I stopped before it reached red and don't plan on continuing until this is addressed and fixed.

• MidnightJolteon-PGOMidnightJolteon-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

This has been spouted off by Ingress players since the dawn of time without any proof.

If anything it has been Ingress agents systemically rejecting legit portals that fall within areas that only the other faction can access. Coordinated groups and the like, all Ingress.

Pokemon Go players are too casual, most are too dumb and/or lazy to understand any of the intricacies which is why you get "please create gym here" in the supporting info. There used to be a thread about this very complaint and in the end all it showed was the Ingress agent was way too strict rejecting legit portals, lol.

The biggest problem is Niantic's system on the back-end. Why do we need threads about trying to change the wording of "visually unique" and the weight that "historical or cultural" holds? That's how you are getting your playground rejections but when will Niantic respond?