About "Children's Center" in Japan

Hi, @NianticGiffard .@NianticBrian-ING

I am very surprised to see this editorial post.

The reason why I was surprised is because the Wayspot became ONLINE at a children's center in Koshigaya-City.

Title of the Wayspot:越谷市立児童館コスモス

Location:https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=35.934905,139.784403&z=19

City: 2-9-9 Senma Taito, Koshigaya-shi, Saitama-Pref.

Cosmos, Koshigaya City Children's Center

Original Photo

Zoom in on the name of the building on the front door and read it with me.

In the following image, I have translated the Japanese into English.

”Title of the Wayspot:越谷市立児童館コスモス” is the same string of text that is displayed.

"越谷市立児童館コスモス" is a Japanese word meaning "Koshigaya City Children's Center Cosmos".

So here's the thing.

Please look at the official website of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare in Japan with us.

Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare

About Children's Centres

This page is in Japanese, so I will try to translate it into English.

児童館について

About Children's Center

概要

児童福祉法第40条に規定する児童厚生施設の1つで、地域において児童に健全な遊びを与えて、その健康を増進し、又は情操をゆたかにすることを目的とする児童福祉施設

Outline

One of the child welfare institutions stipulated in Article 40 of the Child Welfare Law, a child welfare institution which aims to promote the health and enrich the sentiments of children by providing them with sound play in the community.

This law can be found on the Japanese Government's law search website "e-gov".

Let's look at "Article 40 of the Child Welfare Law".

URL

"A children's welfare institution shall be a children's playground, a children's center(children's hall) or any other institution whose purpose is to provide children with sound play and to promote their health or enrich their sentiments."

It is stipulated that

Now, let me repeat the URL above.

Let's look at it together.

Reference.)Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare English Top. 

As of "Establishment status."

There are 2553 locations operated by the public sector in the data of 01 October 2019.

1,900 are operated by the private sector.

The "Implementing Entities" include prefectures, designated cities, municipalities, and social welfare corporations.

It is important to note the following points

This is defined as "All children (under 18 years old) are eligible. 

In addition to this, it is stated that the following are examples of services

After-school care and guidance for children.

Training and guidance for junior high school and high school students

Consultation on child-rearing

The Child Welfare Law is one of the laws of Japan, which came into force in 1947 and was last amended in 2011.

reference:

PDF available at the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (Japanese Only)

In Japan, some people who apply for a "children's hall" and some of the judges who approve them have the misconception that "we approve it because it is a public building", or that

There seems to be a certain number of people who, very unfortunately, do not know that a children's hall is a facility intended for children under 18 years old and should not be a Wayspot for adults to play location-based games.

In Japan, a children's home, which is one of the institutions for all children under the age of 18, as stipulated in Article 40 of the Child Welfare Law, is, in any case, the equivalent of a K-12.

The Koshigaya-City Children's Center Cosmos is not the only children's museum that has become a Wayspot.

ex.)

Title of the Wayspot:下諸井児童館

Location:https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=39.661788,140.242156&z=17

City: Daibu-477-1 Kawabemoroi,Akita-City.Akita-Pref

I have reviewed and rejected this children's centre in Akita City.

But someone else approved it.

As a result, it has become a Wayspot.

And it's not just the case in Koshigaya and Akita.

A number of children's centres have already been turned into Wayspots in Japan.

And applications are being submitted every day.

The situation is absolutely deplorable.

ex.)

If an unrelated person enters a children's center, he or she will be reported as a suspicious person and taken to the police station.

In my opinion, it is not a good idea for us, as adults, to use a children's center which is one of the places that Japanese law clearly states is for children under the age of 18, as a Wayspot to play location-based games.

@NianticGiffard ,@NianticBrian-ING

It may take a lot of time, but I wish you to have a series of discussions between you and your team about how best to deal with this.

Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.