Can you show S2 cells during review?

Is there anything I can download to be able to see S2 cells during review? Many of the times i get the question about best location for a spot it probably is a debate on S2 cells (sometimes its not but im sure once in a while it is) and i'd love to be able to help and suggest better locations if the pin could move 2 feet and be in a new cell and be added to Pokemon Go.

Comments

• Chexsmix-PGOChexsmix-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

Okay and can i view them while reviewing or not? If the PoI is for multitude of different things from a playground set that is larger than 20-30 feet (most parks) a Ramada that is over 100 feet long, a dock that is 50 feet long, a fountain again in some large cities get fairly big, to the increasingly more common to have problematic PoIs like almost any Football field, baseball field, tennis court, volley ball court, athletic field, park, or any more specific reginal game like a squash court. There is not official none negotiable terms as to where to place the PoI to absolute certainty, sure the center of most things, what if its not a normal shape? Center of a playground set, what pokemon go player past the age of 16 wants to or should walk onto a playground set with small children because the PoI is in the center of a large area? Do you only place a baseball field PoI at the center of the diamond, the least pedestrian accusable spot of the entire field? Do you place a PoI for fountain in the center or the edge? Which edge? the north one? what if that's the wall? Moving something less than 5 feet can fundamentally change whether or not the PoI is created and do not impact the validity of the spot in any way. Many spots have multiple submissions for different camera angles of the same thing like a church, which part of the church is the PoI, clearly the camera angle makes the most sense, but if two people submit the same church depending on the camera angle and the type of building in question you could easily argue both candle angles and being 100% acceptable, if you take a picture of the side of a bridge should you place the PoI in the center if the photo is on one side? But what is someone uploads a different photos from the other side? Both are now accurate sides of the PoI depending on which photo is used. I asked the question of whether or not an app or other overlay could be applied so that I could see S2 squares while reviewing. I did not ask a question about what the rules were or why a PoI needs to be placed somewhere, I was aware of them. Sure a sculpture, mural information sign and whatever have specific and none negotiable PoIs, but the fact is many do.

Post edited by Chexsmix-PGO on
  • PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

Center of a playground set, what pokemon go player past the age of 16 wants to or should walk onto a playground set with small children because the PoI is in the center of a large area?

Not really relevant for Pokémon GO, they can reach it anyways with the 80m distance.

As for your question, there’s no current official overlay that you can add in to view the S2 cells as it would encourage others to move things for certain games.

edited October 2021

any unofficial? I believe there is wayfarer+ for google chrome but I cant really find a guide or how to make it add S2 cells during reviewing. Also for the purpose of scanning you have to get in 40 foot range, the playground at the red mountain park in mesa Arizona requires me to walk into the sand and stand 1 feet inside of it because the PoI is in the center of a play ground almost 60 feet in diameter and my cell services doesn't place me exactly at the right spot. Its set to AR scan and as I go there on the weekend and for almost all community days I've scanned the sand at my feet a lot. Not saying it should be moved, but it be just as valid to place it not in the center but where you get on what i can only describe as a fort that you get on via some bridge thing less than 10 feet away but still same play structure.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

Wayfarer+ broke after the update to Wayfarer. There’s no S2 cells plug-in that I know of at the moment.

• AndyTivz-PGOAndyTivz-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

You could use a website like PogoMaps while you review?? You can use a s2 lvl 17 overlay on there

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

PoGo maps are not that accurate regarding the exact placement of cells. Just put the pin on the waypoint and let Niantic worry about "cells". Deliberately submitting a POI pin away from the correct location might either result in reviewers moving it to the correct location anyway, or you being reported for "Abuse / fake nomination" if the distance is significant.