Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Duplicate or Reject?

When reviewing, duplicate nominations of existing Waypoints is not uncommon. Due to lengthy review times, submission glitches, and not all PoGO Trainers not having access to the full map, duplicates are at least a daily encounter.

My question would be if we should still review the nomination to the full criteria before marking it as a duplicate, or just "blindly" flag as a duplicate if it obviously is one. Reasons to reject rather than flag as a duplicate include:

• Low quality photo, submitter identifiable, license plate, etc
  • Title and/or description with irrelevant text
  • No longer a valid per current guidelines
  • Abusive text in supporting info

I would like to see this added to the official guidelines, as well, to encourage everyone reviews the same.

Answers

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the event that a duplicate nomination is of low quality, based on the points you've made, I personally think it's best to reject them. If however, the duplicate nomination meets all criteria and is a good nomination, it's definitely better to mark as a duplicate.

• tehstone-INGtehstone-ING Posts: 1,154 Ambassador

What is your reasoning for doing this? On its face it seems like wasted effort. But I suppose if it leads to nominators to get more meaningful rejection reasons instead of the duplicate response then perhaps it would be worth it if we can get enough reviewers on board.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Over the last few weeks, I've seen several "Great place to spin stops!" text in the description and photos obviously taken from a car or with extraneous items that could be "tags" included. Photos are the most obvious and I assume most reviewers would not duplicate a bad photo, but text and changing guides are more difficult since text doesn't merge and guides aside it's still technically a duplicate.

Reasoning being for everyone to be on the same page reviewing so half of us aren't rejecting outright and the other half flagging duplicates. Better rejection reasons to the submitter would be a beneficial side effect, especially cases where they might not realize you typically cannot mention game meta in the description.

• MzKiwiBling-INGMzKiwiBling-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

I review on the POI merit and the order of the ✨box’s, if I come across something in the title or description agains criteria I’ll reject on that merit but will only duplicate when I hit that section and everything else before is up to standard 👍🏻