Nomination and Edit Abuse in Sydney CBD From Other Countries

2»

Comments

• AeriTheBOFH-PGOAeriTheBOFH-PGO Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭

Still going strong... 🙄

• AeriTheBOFH-PGOAeriTheBOFH-PGO Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭

Oh another one with solid proof... Notice the icon near top left corner in the phone screenshot?

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I have about twenty screenshots of Pokemon-Go related screenshots that include either AR screenshots or screenshots with the icon. I might make up a new post.

• URWhatUKnow-INGURWhatUKnow-ING Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

It's always hilarious that when action is taken, no context is given. I'll never understand this mentality, it's like they are deliberately protecting abusers the same way they protect spoofers in PoGo.

@HaramDingo-ING stay strong buddy.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's like Niantic doesn't have rights to take down apps like PG S**** directly or something...

Well, these people will always take one step further away from Niantic.

@Melurra-PGO clearly you prefer to enable this abuse since you disagree with the above. Care to explain what you disagree with in particular? The Foursquare across the entirety of India? The Wayfarer abuse?

Sure. Sydney might be the ground zero of state survey marks everywhere, but to all fellow Sydney (and ACT) reviewers, do you not also see this garbage? Some people claim to be prolific reviewers but have not even said anything of the above. Virtually every Sydney CBD pokestop in Circular Quay is full of junk and worthless edits. Every Pokestop is littered with abusive text edits and are almost always accompanied with abusive photo edits like the above.

This cannot go on any longer. Giffard does not do appropriate action. I thought hard and fast about closing this after the last round, but the cesspool is infinite and turns the community off reviewing. And despite reporting everything for abuse (and I mean EVERYTHING) that I have seen above for abuse, whether it's a nomination with the Abuse category, flagging all the Indian photos and spoofer screenshots for photo reviews, and reporting abuse of virtually every single edit, most of them linger on way after you take your supposed "actions".

You have really lost the plot Niantic. Is this work too hard for you? You can't take proper action? Are you understaffed? Why has Danbocat disappeared not been active in the last two weeks? Are the majority of "Niantic staff reviews" actually contractors with minimum wage?

• Melurra-PGOMelurra-PGO Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously I don't condone flagrant abuse. But the tone of your post is harsh, unconstructive, and frankly racist.

(Are disagrees not anonymous anymore? Not that it changes my disagree anyway.)

It literally just feels like Indians want to take control over Sydney. They are editing so many things to try and turn them into Indian landmarks or putting their name into things.

Sure, let's just officially rename the State Library of NSW into manipur musium. Or maybe the Archibald Fountain into the Mutta hua fountain? Or my most favourite from a previous post, turning Sir Eugene Aynsley Goossens into Sir egnue maharana pratap singh ji?! Ay Pagal Aurat!

Reviewing in Sydney is revolting. Not just tasteless.

Harsh tone: Well, let me tell you something: Jesus Christ turned the other cheek at abuse. He's long dead. If someone robbed your house, would you call them up to check if the TV they stole is working fine? It's an appropriate tone for the frustration it causes.

Unconstructive: Personal opinion. The level of detail on these reports makes it very constructive, and seeing your actions and hard work be shot down by a team of clearly incompetent people is again, frustrating.

Racist: Oh boy, i love this card. Anytime the race card is pulled, i can safely assume that whoever played it has no valid arguments and is just looking for a cheap win. Story checks out. But i'll give you some context as to why what you said is just a bunch of ****:

OP called these edits Indian Spoofer Abuse Trash. The people that are submitting them are Indian, and Spoofers, that much we know. Their actions are abusive and so are there edits, and they are also trash. So, what do you call Trash, abusive edits made by Indian Spoofers? INDIAN SPOOFER ABUSE TRASH.

There is no racism here, OP is calling it out as he sees it and what it actually is. If these edits were made by African or chinese people, the only field that would change would be the first, because they would still be spoofer abuse trash. I'd have your post permissions revoked for even bringing racism up where it's not needed, but unfortunately the PC mentality has dug deep into society. Either that, or you are from the USA, in which case, yeah, these weak arguments are to be expected. Now go ahead and call me racist too buddy 🤣

@NianticGiffard is there any chance that you can have the team reach out to these abusers and have them solve captchas for Niantic instead? 😂

• We have reviewed the report and have taken action on 14 Wayspots and 21 Wayfinders in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account.

Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.

This discussion has been closed.