How often have you already had nomination reviewed by Niantic?

LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Just curious. I personally never had one which is quite sad but apparently, many others had.

Would be great to get some numbers, also your priority (how long does your nominations normally need to get fully reviewed), and how active you submit. Also, how satisfied are you with the result especially on rejected nominations?

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had one nomination reviewed by Niantic. It took 49½ hours from me submitting it to it getting approved (I still need to go back and up vote the photo so it appears in Ingress). It was a bar that is also used as an event space at one of the local football grounds. Normally nominations can take 2 - 8 weeks to be reviewed in my local area, so just over 2 days for an acceptance was a nice surprise.

I kinda wish they'd have taken one of my other nominations though haha.

• Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had one reviewed by Niantic and it was accepted but a vacation nomination so I’m unable to go back and like it to have it sync in Ingress. My nomination disappeared from my list within a day of submitting it and came back accepted 4 days after submission.

• Raachermannl-INGRaachermannl-ING Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know about the accepted ones, but I remember 3 rejections with the famous "." reason.

• theHarryPutter-PGOtheHarryPutter-PGO Posts: 94 ✭✭

None yet, due to where I live only ever submitted 21 total. Reviewed 1000+, of course.

• toniukupaoni-INGtoniukupaoni-ING Posts: 41 ✭✭

Had one, it was rejected 14 months after it was nominated. That's somewhat the turnaround. Not happy with the rejection reason as it's an information pillar from the late 19, early 20 century. Basically people would find new information on it in the past and also now. You can say it's some sort of notice board. Nominated it because I tought it met the criterion "gathering spot".

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three, all of them resolved within about three days of disappearing from my queue. Two were rejected: one a municipal welcome sign, one a sign about an annual community beautification project. The accepted one was a basketball court adjacent to a church parking lot.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only one that can be confirmed, a rejection with the old "." email. Then two more in the past few weeks that I strongly suspect were Niantic reviews due to the extremely fast turnaround (for the area): an acceptance and a duplicate (the latter of which I suspect is incorrect, but I haven't been to the area to confirm).

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

So far, only one which got accepted. And I don't see any of my older nominations were manually reviewed by Niantic.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I'm waiting for my charts to be moderated (it's been four hours... c'mon), I'll just express it in bullet points below:

• Out of 42 nominations in the last two fortnights where I have been certain that Niantic was responsible for them (disappearing from my queue, accepted and not initially appearing in Intel, or rejected with a dot), 3 of them were manually reviewed or currently in an internal queue by Niantic. That's a 7.1% taking rate.
    • On average, a nomination taken by Niantic takes about 9 days to reach a verdict. There is actually a nomination taken 11 days ago that still hasn't been resolved yet.
    • Niantic reviews are slower than regular turnarounds in my local area (roughly 4.5 days), but slightly faster than the slow area of Bankstown (14 days).

• Kawhinot-INGKawhinot-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

I think I have had 3 or 4. Most of them were from very new nominations. I wish they would have reviewed the older ones first in order to clear out the old backlog.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,480 Ambassador

I have had at least 5.

I say at least, because I’m certain of 1 rejection “.” But I may have had another earlier before I really paid attention. That rejection POI A, related to a large Victorian house that is now flats, plus flats built in its grounds (the potential poi was the house but at the entrance).

4 have been agreed

B is of local historic interest, now flats

C is street art public wall

A,B,C are in an area where nothing moves unless upgraded, so I was surprised when suddenly appeared all are clearly in residential areas

i’ve liked b and c to force to ingress

D is a marker in a country park, outskirts of a town, I think things don’t move easily there ( another has not done anything) close to residential area. Not done the like trick.

E is new play equipment in a large park, 200 miles away. Other nearby submissions indicate this is a slow review area, park is in residential area. It will be a while before I visit.

I suspect the Quasi in quasi-random that was mentioned in terms of selection relates to proximity to residential areas. This would make sense in terms of checks for the law ruling as there would be little point doing them in distinctly rural areas.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a chart and table of the last two fortnights.

Where:

• Nominations in blue are in my local area,
    • Nominations in green are not local, and in a knowingly slow area (Bankstown area, closer to Sydney City, if you're curious)
    • Nominations in red are Niantic-reviewed nominations, and
    • The nomination in grey was taken by Niantic but has NOT reached a decision.

Most parts of Sydney enjoy very quick turnarounds, so it's no more than a week from submission to something getting resolved. I do 21 submissions all at once a fortnight.

26/09/2021

The Niantic-reviewed nomination on the 26/09/2021 (right) fell right between both, at 9 days before reaching a decision. Slower than the local queues, slightly faster than the Bankstown queues. It seems to be a sweet spot average (except in the times when people report extremely fast turnarounds lesser than 24 hours from being submitted). Yes, the difference between local nominations near me (Western Sydney) and nominations submitted 24km south-west from my area (Bankstown, green) have a stark difference of a week priority-wise.

10/10/2021

All my local nominations resolved within a week, with natural churn by the local community reviewing. However, Niantic took a couple of nominations within the "grace period" and they fell subject to Niantic resolution time. As you can see, one of Niantic's reviews took 9 days, which is longer than all the other nominations already reaching a decision. But what's worse is that a second nomination (trail marker near a footbridge) taken 11 days ago has NOT reached a decision yet at all. If Niantic did not snatch these from our queues, they would have both already reached a decision. As an additional note, the Niantic-reviewed one was approved and was unfortunately lost to the lightship due to approval in an occupied cell.

As for satisfaction..?

I've mentioned these extensively in one of my other posts, but I really am not satisfied with these results regardless of acceptance or rejection because they either:

• are an incorrect or ludicrous decision,
    • do not appear in Ingress if they are staff-reviewed, detailed extensively in this post, which would involve travelling all the way to these far places like Bankstown to like it in Pogo (if it is in Pogo),
    • add uncertainty to a nomination and do not follow existing trends (i.e. average time taken for a nomination to resolve), and/or
    • are often lost to the Lightship because I also nominate things within existing occupied S2 cells, but since they don't appear in Pokemon GO, there's no way to like a photo to bring it to Ingress.

I would prefer Niantic to focus on places where their queues are exorbitant. As you can see here, there is about a 7% chance (maybe 5% based on local community research) that Niantic will take your nomination for staff review. I dread it.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

At least two for me. Both accepted, neither appearing in Ingress but appearing in Pokemon Go the next day at sync time. Upvoting the first caused it to sync to Ingress and I plan to walk the long trail to upvote the second (fortunately it took only two days till acceptance so it beat the other nearby candidates that may have crowded its cell - cant be sure it's in Pokemon Go but I guess I'll find out when I get there) tomorrow night so I can use it for the weekend.

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had two "normal" nominations reviewed - and accepted - by Niantic, plus one that was affected by the "upload later" bug and had its photos swapped.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

NIA usually snatches the first of my submissions of the day from the cradle.

• TrevorAlan-PGOTrevorAlan-PGO Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

0/72 as far as I can tell. Never got the "." rejection and I've never had a nomination disappear and return (which is the indication it's being internally reviewed?)