Absurd reasoning for nomination decline

FowVC-PGOFowVC-PGO Posts: 2
edited October 2021 in Invalid Wayspot Appeals

Hello fellow reviewers,

I have done a few hundred reviews so far before submitting a very well thought out nomination and using an upgrade on it. I've spent much time finding a good title/description and researched information about the Wayspot and put the source/link in the designated 'Supplemental Information' field (NOT the description itself!). A few hours later I received the email saying "Nomination title or description contains a URL or HTML markup", which it does clearly not. I'm really bummed about this, having put so much effort into my nomination, helping the reviewer to decide and providing the resources to make it easy to review. All this just for the judges to not take more than a second to look at it and not understand the difference between the actual Wayspot Description and Supporting Information which is supposed to be seen by reviewers only.

The second reason was low image quality. This I also cannot understand, as I took a lot of time, taking photos on different days, seeking good lighting conditions, clear framing and no identifiable information on it and choosing the best one. Please see for yourself and tell me, what made the reviewers select the option "Photo is low quality (e.g., pitch black/blurry photos or photos taken from a car)". https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/W-eaBdE2BBHGAXzKNZ3RW6lW5Hz5xlPyTub4I7Du6Eev-iX687o0sZRyv4Lw01qAfW2X3vSBDCXF13Rt9cS0RlNxQB3i8vzUU4JtKqA=s0

Am I that wrong on this? I personally have given nominations a chance (not many stars of course) which were way worse than mine. I feel really bad about taking so much time with my own reviews and then forging a very reasonable nomination with as much support and good will as possible and then being let down by the system. Is there anything I can do, so that I did not waste my upgrade?

Thank you for hearing me out and please excuse if I sound a little emotional here.

This is my first active participation in the forum, so please tell me if there is any issue with my post.

Happy reviewing and have an awesome day!

Post edited by FowVC-PGO on

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

At the current time, rejected nominations cannot be appealed. This feature is meant to be coming in the future, though we don't know how it will work yet.

I'm not sure what the text says on the building as I don't speak the language, so I'm not sure what you're nominating and can't say whether it's worth resubmitting. However, I will say that if you do resubmit it (which you're allowed to do), you may want to be more careful with your photo, as there are visible licence plates on the cars in the left of the image.

• FowVC-PGOFowVC-PGO Posts: 2

Thanks for the information!

Concerning the nomination, it is a small community building constructed and run by the city district. It says 'family meeting point' on the sign and has a few rooms for events and courses. Does it seem too big/general for a waypoint?

Indeed I have missed the licence plates, I'll make sure to exclude/blur them in my next request.

Still, this whole situation leaves a bad taste with my wayfarer experience.

• AgentHuffly-INGAgentHuffly-ING Posts: 98 ✭✭

Ich finde, das ist ein guter POI, in einer freien Zelle, korrekt platziert, ich kann deine Frustration nachvollziehen. Das Foto ist super, die Kennzeichen verwischen eine gute Idee.

Einfach noch mal einreichen, den Mut nicht verlieren und auf Ende des Monats und die 40 möglichen Nominierungen hoffen

• Invalid Appeal - Thanks for the appeal, Trainer. We're not currently reviewing PokéStop submissions. Please resubmit the nomination by improving its title/description if you feel that it was a valid nomination.