Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Nice graffiti on the wall of a private house

Hi, I'm new here and I often find beautiful graffiti on the wall outside a private home or on the wall of a business, next to a private home. Is it acceptable or not?

Best Answers

Answers

• itamernz-INGitamernz-ING Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

Worth clarifying too if the wall is inside the boundary of the property. In some countries homes abut the footpath. We have some really special properties eg where there is a plaque in a unique stone wall that is clearly intended for "public viewing". It seems a shame that these are rejected.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

This to me is always a tough one, see if the mural/graffiti is on the side of a house but that side of the house is a public footpath, that's where there could be debate

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

In that case, according to Niantic, it would still be PRP, as it's still on the property.

It would be the same if it was in a garden fence facing the footpath.

@NicoSolheim-ING I would arguenthatsbbased on American guidelines due to their court case there. Here if it's been painted on the side and allowed by the council, then that means it is no longer private but public (the mural) as the council have decided its public

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

The guidelines, whilst America-centric, are global guidelines. Given how much laws can vary from country to country, it would be near impossible for Niantic to have guidelines that gets every single country, which is they're a blanket set of guidelines.

I'm not saying it's right hurt we need to keep in mind that they're an American company and will use US law as their basis.

@NicoSolheim-ING but every country still has their own rulings based on how people in the country think, post boxes, police phone boxes and red phone boxes being a good example of british centric ones. I actually suggested that there should be a group thay write country centric ones, volunteers from these forums, but it didnt gain any traction ... might recommend it again