Strange rejection reason : How is this insulting and trolling other peoples ?

Hello there.

I've got a strange reject reason on a wayspot.

Here is the picture of the wayspot.

"Les vitraux du 38.

Vieux vitraux surplombant le blason du 38."

Who can be translated by

"stained glass of the 38"

Old stained glass over sculpted 38"

And the reject motive are :

"Votre candidature est rejetée pour la raison suivante: La proposition a été signalée, car elle ciblait d'autres joueurs dans le but de les insulter, de les ridiculiser, de les troller ou de les harceler, La proposition ne répond pas aux critères de validation, L'emplacement réel de la proposition semble se situer sur une propriété résidentielle privée ou sur une ferme."

Who can be translated like this :

• reported because targetting other player on the purpose of insults, trolls, ****...
  • not corresponding to criteria
  • on a private property (but appear on google maps from the street... street isn't private, it's public space)

My question is.... How this can be insulting and harassing people ? I still don't understand...

Thank you

Answers

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong rejection reason. The private property seems to be the correct reason.

If i was to think about why you got the troll/target it could be because they think your trying to troll by submitting what would appear to be a home stop or that its because someones house

• VladDraco-PGOVladDraco-PGO Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭

Bonjour et bienvenu !

Les deux raisons principales sont Propriete privee et Ne repond pas au criteres.

Si la proposition a ete trop "poussee", beaucoup de validateurs considerent que c'est une tentative d'influencer le vote et donc un abus. Par exemple dire "correspond aux criteres, merci d'accepter" ou "on a besoin de ce pokestop/portail".

De meme, si la proposition a ete envoyee avec trop peu de details, vu que le nombre de propositions a ete augmenter, ce sera considere comme du trolling.

En ce moment il y a beaucoup de verificateurs "nerveux" a cause du surcroit de propositions pas tres bonnes. Niantic n'a pas fait de travail de pedagogie aupres des joueurs, du coup il y a beaucoup de propositions comme celle-ci.

La faute n'en reviens pas aux joueurs comme toi @Skhovitch-ING mais a Niantic qui vous explique tres mal le but et le type de propositions attendues.

• Hello.

It's too bad, we already have this kind of wayspot in my city (and it's not my home fyi).

Plus, its really on the street, here the streetview.

If people have to reject it, i can understand the "private property thing", but not the harassment. Yes people live here, but it's the case for most of the wayspot in this area.

Bonjour.

C'est dommage car nous avons déjà beaucoup de wayspots de ce genre là dans la ville. Et c'est sur l'espace public (photo ci-dessus prise à l'instant sur streetview) et pas chez moi, par contre c'est dommage pour ceux qui vivent dans le quartier !

Je peux comprendre le rejet de propriété privée, surtout si on ne regarde pas streetview, vu que c'est une façade de batiment résidentiel (comme beaucoup de propositions d'ailleurs), ce qui me choque le plus c'est le motif "harcelement" et "troll".

Je n'en suis pas à ma première proposition, et la plupart de ce genre ont déjà été validées (ainsi que d'autres plus génériques, mairies, postes, etc).

Pour le coup, la description additionnelle signalait juste que c'était facilement accessible à pied avec un trottoir et des passages piétons.

Enfin, ce n'est pas grave, je suis plus choqué qu'autre chose sur le grand n'importe quoi du premier motif énoncé.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

You get every rejection reason provided by reviewers, whether 1 responds with it or 10 do. This was likely to be a single reviewer who misclicked the rejection reason when reporting as “abuse.” (See the definition of “Abusive Location” in the rejection criteria on the Wayfarer main page)

Don’t let it get to you. The rejection overall is probably correct, that it is private residential property and does not meet criteria, and that’s the big takeaway.

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

The "Trolling" part comes from the rejection reason Abuse, subcategory Abuse

Top 3 of rejection reasons can be tricky. If 20 people vote "does not meet criteria", 5 vote "private property" and 1 votes "abuse" then those 3 will be the rejection reasons you get in the mail.

NIA should change that into top 3 with a minimum of 20 percent of the votes

• Jeroenix-INGJeroenix-ING Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭

@Skhovitch-ING Maybe it's because you blatantly nominated a private house, when you know full well that is against the guidelines. I mean, look at it: you almost literally nominated the front door. There's bound to be ONE reviewer that has a bad day and calls abuse.

I usually reject these with the reason PRP, but I once did make an abuse rejection for it, when I knew that the person living there is a long-time Ingress agent who obviously tried to turn his house into a portal.

If you say that most Wayspots in your town are on private houses, then you have your work cut out for you. Report them as invalid.