Reporting Abuse

Does abuse ever get reviewed? I generally don't see abuse or things ever get followed up on or actioned.. especially when it comes to fake nominations. I would imagine the forums are looked at from browsing. It's pretty obviously located in someone's back yard. This somehow made it through to get approved in order for an edit to even occur.

Actual pokestop is located at the blue dot:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/?api=1&destination=40.58706,-105.107845

Tagged:

Comments

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, abuse never gets reviewed.

Abuse has to be specifically documented in this forum with extensive evidence including location data, images of the real world location, etc., and Niantic employees are tagged in the thread. Then they’ll reply with boilerplate ‘We have taken action on waypoints and wayfinders in accordance with our guidelines’ which might mean removing fake POIs but no action against the people who put it in to begin with, so it goes right back up a week later.

• SlicedPeas-INGSlicedPeas-ING Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen edits for this location at least three times and marked it for abuse each time. As @SimplyPresea-PGO notes, not only are they misusing description edits, the actual object is nowhere near the location being edited. This can be verified by checking this site: https://www.fcgov.com/artspublic/pedestrian

The site is clunky and doesn't give exact locations but enough to see this isn't a minor mistake.

Worse is that this isn't the only case of abuse with these pavers. I've reviewed recent submissions for other pavers from this project that again are no where near the listed location. I marked those for abuse as well. I wouldn't be surprised to find they went live anyway because I have seen other public artworks with listed locations go live in very wrong locations despite having been marked as abuse.

I understand that this is a massive database and Niantic probably receives a massive amount of abuse flags daily but having those flags and essentially ignoring them makes it unlikely people will bother to use them.

• Thanks for the flag! We have undergone the investigation and rejected the nomination and taken action on the Wayfinder according to our policies.