The graves of civilians had been abused.(Case at Shizuoka Pref.)

Hi, @NianticGiffard .

All over Japan there are applicants who falsely claim to be stone monuments when they know they are cemeteries or tombs.

In Japan,A quick glance at a tomb is enough for almost everyone to understand that it is a tomb.

There's a reason why I say 'almost'.

Almost every Japanese person can understand at a glance that it is a grave.

There is a reason why I can say "most", as is evident from the results of the Statistical Survey of Religions published on the official website of the Japanese Agency for Cultural Affairs.

Agency for Cultural Affairs Official Website:

Statistical Survey of Religion in Japan

What I want to show you is the next page.

"Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology"

Statistical Survey of Religion in Japan

宗教統計調査:文部科学省

At the link on this page, you will find an Excel file with the "Number of believers by religious group" for 2020.

Excel File:

This is a table counting the number of believers in religious institutions.

It records that the number of believers in Buddhism is outstanding.

This table is only a count of the number of people belonging to religious organisations.

This list shows that the percentage of people who believe in Buddhism is very high in Japan.

And here's something that's not on this list, but is very important,

There are far more people who follow Buddhism or Shintoism on a village level, even if they do not belong to a religious organisation.

Because This table is only a count of the number of people who belong to religious organisations.

Even those who believe in Christianity or Shintoism, but not Buddhism, are well aware of the shape and location of Buddhist graves in Japan.

The current population of Japan is 125.36 million. (Figures published by the Statistics Bureau of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications)

In other words, it is safe to say that almost all of the 125.36 million people in Japan know what a Buddhist grave and tomb looks like.

That was a very long preamble.

So, please, have a look at this.

Title of the Wayspot:竈幼稚園裏の石碑たち

City:Japan

I translate titles, descriptions and supplementary information written in Japanese into English.

タイトル:

竈幼稚園裏の石碑たち

Title:

Stone monuments behind the KAMADO kindergarten

説明文

昔からある石碑で歴史を感じる

Description:

This is a stone monument which has been here for a long time. I feel the history here.

補足情報

昔からある石碑で歴史を感じる

Supplementary description:

This is a stone monument which has been here for a long time. I feel the history here.

Original Picture URL:

Google Map:

Google Street View

Now let's look at this object from another angle in Street View.

I'm going to zoom in on this Street View.

We can see the epitaph carved on the headstone.

It is carved in Japanese as "小野家代々之墓(The Tomb of the Ono Family Generations)".

This place is not only the grave of the Ono family, but also the graves of several other families living in the area.

In other words, it is a graveyard.

Please copy and paste the string "代々之墓" carved here and search for it in Japanese using Google Image Search.

”代々之墓" means "the grave of generations".

You will find a number of images of Japanese "graves" in the search results.

(Mostly Buddhist graves are displayed.)

And look again at the Street View image.

You can see that the gravestones are the ones with the words "小野家代々之墓(The Tomb of the Ono Family Generations) carved in Japanese, and that this place where they are gathered is a cemetery.

As mentioned above, the majority of Japanese people (and I'm not exaggerating when I say almost all of them. Even if you are not Japanese, almost everyone who resides in Japan is.)

You will find these to be the graves and graveyards of ordinary people.

Please reflect on the title and description of the content of your application here.

The applicant has insisted on claiming that these are stone monuments.

However, it is clear that these are graves and graveyards. 

I believe that the applicant knew that these were graves and falsely claimed that they were stone monuments and applied for them.

This is an abuse that must be taken very seriously.

When I reviewed it on Wayfarer! I saw through the abuse and ejected it.

That was on the 15th of November 2020.

Screen Capture(IITC):

However, as of 5 June 2021, I have seen on IntelMap that this location is ONLINE as a Wayspot.

To approve the aforementioned graveyard as a Wayspot application is sad indeed.

It is not good.

In Japan, there are many graveyards similar to this one, mainly in rural areas but also in urban areas.

They are found in areas where the temples are located far away from each other.

The graveyards of several families living in the local community are gathered together in one place.

Here are some examples.

sample1

sample2

sample3

As such, they are common in Japan, and it is unlikely that these gravesites would be mistaken for "stone monuments".

In other words, the applicant is committing abuse.

They are falsely claiming that the graveyard is a stone monument.

Not only the applicant, 

The judges should be able to understand that these are not monuments, but graves.

But perhaps the judges who give them full marks (5) without even looking at what they are judging,they are supposed to be judging may be the ones who let them pass and turn them into Wayspots.

In other words, abuse by the judges.

I abhor these abuses and false submissions.

I feel that it is an act that evil.

It is a bad practice for us to continue to use graveyards such as the one as a playground for our Wayspots.

Abuses must be corrected.

Unfortunately, this is not the only case in Japan where graves and graveyards have been falsely claimed to be "stone monuments" and applied for as Wayspots.

And sadly, there seem to be many more that are already ONLINE as Wayspot. 

I've seen some of them on IntelMap.

And during the Wayfarer! review process, 

I saw a Abused Wayspot near that. 

I believe that this kind of abuse of the graves of ordinary people is not only against the Wayfarer!

rules, but also socially unacceptable, in my opinion.

about case in Japan,

Whenever I find "abusived submissions" or "abusived ONLINE Wayspot" and cemeteries ,Perhaps it would be better to put them all in one thread and describe them in comment form, rather than splitting the thread for each case.

First of all, can you please investigate this case?

I would like you to remove what was made a Wayspot by falsely claiming it was a stone monument when it was a graveyard, and We hope that you will investigate the applicant who made the abusive application and the judges who readily approved it.

I understand you are very busy, but I appreciate your help.

Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.