Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Reviewer rating dropped for no good reason

Comments

• Rebennah-PGORebennah-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I am both extremely relieved and extremely annoyed that I am not the only with this problem.

I have been rocking green ever since I started out reviewing, but then suddenly during one day I dropped to yellow. I halted reviewing for a few days because I was disturbed over this. I had been doing more reviews in one go than before due to corona-boredom. Thought maybe it was just that the subs hadn’t had time go through with others yet. Then I got more agreements, so I started doing just a few reviews and my rating went back to green. Cue me excited. But then my rating suddenly just dropped to yellow, then to red all in the course of one day. So during 5 days with very little reviewing because of fear of rating, I went from green to yellow to green to yellow to red. This all started at the same time as I heard about the double ingress count and rumors about the campaign to reject everything on wayfarer to get more upgrades.

This is really upsetting because I do spend a lot of time trying to do a good job while reviewing. I read the rules and ask others for help and views when I’m in doubt. Feels like I’m being punished unfairly. I’ve been doing a limited number of reviews now in the hope of climbing, and I can see that I’m getting agreements because I get upgrade progress. But rating stays the same.

Pleas help and fix this. Like others, this is making me want to stop reviewing too. And that’s a shame because I actually like doing it.

• TRDevlin-PGOTRDevlin-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Happened to me too. It's already demotivating when about 25% of my nominations get denied for bogus reasons. Now my rating is extremely volatile for no reason I can see, and my motivation to review is at zero. In the last two days I've gone from green to red to yellow to red again, while my agreement rating has only dropped 2%.

• bilde2910bilde2910 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

My agreement rating overall is 72%. I did some review work last Friday, after which I dropped to yellow (I was green when I started). I live in a place where things reach consensus quickly, so before I started, I decided to track what I accepted and rejected. I reviewed 52 nominations on Friday and by now 38 of them appear, or do not appear, on Intel corresponding to how I voted. So that's a 73% acceptance rate, very much in line with my overall average. Aside from two playgrounds that honestly should have been accepted but weren't, I haven't seen anything iffy at all regarding how players vote.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly this. I haven't reviewed since people started mass reporting this.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I helped a newbie Level 40 Pogoer in our community get started in Wayfarer. I, almost at Onyx Recon (10,000 agreements in total) helped him understand and go through a couple of reviews. 22 reviews later, he gets the notice that his Wayfarer rating is poor and needs to retake the reset test. This is also the first time that I also dropped to yellow.

That is mostly the case because I've been trying to be diligent reporting extremely bad nominations (ones that completely lie about a nomination in a supporting statement and falsify the location, excessively). On the other hand, countless of waypoints with references to Pokestops and Pokemon in the Description that I rejected for having an unnecessary title/description are actually passing through, leading to a sheer and true disagreement.

• aWildKeithApprd-PGOaWildKeithApprd-PGO Posts: 32 ✭✭✭

There is so much rubbish (particularly from Wales Currently on "trebanos sewage pipe") and a ton of Duplicates (some less bad), probably a lot coming from the more casual players in both games subs from the "I'm taking two of your nominations" bug. Stuff has really slowed (either due to less people reviewing cos their ratings tanked, or sick of the muck people are subbing). While its frustrating, I don;t get mad at the garbage that people sub, if its not valid it wont possibly pass.

Also getting valid nominations rejected.

• Dazzz123456-PGODazzz123456-PGO Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

I've started reviewing but when asked to select what best matches the nomination I stop my agreements have still been rising but I haven't dropped into red. I wont review now what niantic has reviewed.

If I only am reviewing 2 or 3 at a time then so be it. But as I say my agreements are still going up.

• holocronster-INGholocronster-ING Posts: 13 ✭✭

of course it will be dropped. just looks what's being accepted and people are proud of it.

• jaaxtmp-INGjaaxtmp-ING Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

@stggyhjoigddvji-PGO whaaaaaaaaat ?????

OMG An accepted nomination like that sounds kind of people using bots...i don't know

• PhilClane-INGPhilClane-ING Posts: 31 ✭✭

Either fake or already removed; at least it cannot be found on Intel.

For a good reviewer it's not hard to find the location above ;)

• RadusL-PGORadusL-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭

Musím souhlasit takto se to stalo i mě. Bohužel nevím proč a neznám důvod.

• 24601LM-ING24601LM-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

I've experienced the same bug. 71% agreement rate. Over 5700 agreements. Green to red in an hour of normal reviewing (i.e. accepting the playgrounds, rejecting the stuff that doesn't meet criteria, etc.)

I don't think this is remotely related to the reported collusion or "bad" rejections. Submissions rarely resolve the instant you review them. Something in the formula is broken.

• aWildKeithApprd-PGOaWildKeithApprd-PGO Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Plenty of people play both games, as well as HPWU. There could be Agents who also play Go, double reviewing to up their recon badge via the methods you cite via more agreements by using the methods you claim, but lets not make this be about us-v-them. Something is very wrong with the system, and it all started when double recon came into effect.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess I've same problem then.

Dropped from green to yellow since 2 weeks ago, one time I made it to green again but it returned to yellow again. I'm at 5034 reviews with 62% agreement rating.

Somehow I do suspect this. Some ineligible Wayspots in my area still getting through even I give them 1*.

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

11 k reviews here, rate of about 65%. I'm on pause until this thing is adressed, I'm not willing to take any chances. Though, I wonder if this has anything to do with the 2 x bonus on the badge in Ingress?

• Shogun79-INGShogun79-ING Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Hi @NianticCasey-ING my rating also dropped suddenly from Green to Red.

I followed the guidelines given by Niantic and also compare all submission with Google Maps and Google Street view and even with the local address book, to ensure I don't do anything wrong. If something is off I take my time to write a comment.

I am currently concert if I should keep rating or not, bc I don't wanna lose wayfarer.

• Leochro-PGOLeochro-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

Also, I think I’m gonna stop review until this thing is fixed.

• MidnightJolteon-PGOMidnightJolteon-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

Are you able to show the picture of what you reviewed? I'd like to see what Niantic's test portal looks like.

• ROCKETEK16-INGROCKETEK16-ING Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited May 2020

I am not sure how to retrieve submissions (in particular, images) which I have reviewed, but it was called "Hauswand mit Dreiecken" and the picture showed two small triangles on the sidewall of private property. This "object" had to be accessed via the (private) garden, which was fenced.

Also, I checked the Intel map; the POI is not a Portal.

• Pangarban-INGPangarban-ING Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
  • 24601LM-ING24601LM-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

I have also stopped reviewing until this is resolved. 8000 reviews worth of green shouldn't suddenly go red after one session of normal behaviour.

• Khatre-INGKhatre-ING Posts: 181 ✭✭✭✭

25k reviews & 17k agreements and i still dive to red each time i do 100 reviews in a row now.

I have to wait for them to be processed to go back to green again... that's boring.

• eMGieBe-INGeMGieBe-ING Posts: 6 ✭✭

Same here.

I've been reviewing portals for 2 years now... Always fair, every position given the number of stars it deserves. Very seldom 1 or 5 stars (unless they deserved it). And through those two years I've been green all that time.

Now, during the 2x period, I reviewed like 30 or 40 proposals and dropped to red. I took the test with no problem, and I'm middle yellow now... But still wonder what I did, as I still rate the portals the way they SHOULD be rated...

And on the other hand, I see so many BAD portals appear in the grid network, with author "unknown", that means, they're PoGo proposals... Like a sandbox on a playground, that already is a portal... A sandbox?! C'mon!