Valid exercise station denied

This 4 station exercise stations was denied because it is "historically or culturally insignificant, yet the guidelines specifically state:

A place you'd go to get some fresh air, stretch your legs, or exercise. Places that encourage walking, exercising, and enjoying public spaces. Or something that teaches or encourages us to be our healthiest selves.

Examples of Wayspot categories

• Parks and plazas
  • Gardens
  • Forests
  • Hiking trails
  • Biking trails
  • Exercise equipment in public spaces
  • Sport arenas
  • Sport fields

Then the denial email suggests to resubmit with a better picture. The picture is very clear, location was accurate and the denial had nothing to do with the picture. This is the most valid portal I have seen in months and whoever reviewed it and suggested it be denied should be banned from reviewing and the game!

Tagged:

Comments

• The nomination looks fine to me, but you posted in the wrong forum if you're looking for improvement advise anyway. There's definitely a cohort of reviewers that believe they can rate a nomination 3-5* overall and then 1* on Cultural/Historical significance (arguing that locations like this are valid but not historic or cultural) and that will still result in acceptance. Which is demonstrably wrong, and also conveys a lack of understanding for what 'cultural' means.

There's nothing you can really do until Niantic makes the reviewing criteria match the actual eligibility criteria or provides some clarification on how the Cultural/Historical significance rating is supposed to be used. Even then, established reviewers are pretty set in their ways and Wayfarer does nothing to correct the behaviour.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

With you on the denial email saying to just "resubmit with a better picture". I want them to revert to their previous email, which asked to improve all aspects if possible. However in the end, emails will all eventually come from a central Wayfarer address (and not hello@pokemongolive or nominations@ingress).

You got jipped. Definitely do resubmit. And maybe capitalise a couple of things like the beginning of the title. I know some reviewers take off marks just for such trivial things.

• Invalid Appeal - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We're not currently reviewing Portal submissions. Please resubmit the nomination by improving its title/description if you feel that it was a valid nomination.