Invalid K-12 Waypoint spotted while reviewing

sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Checking some of the "nearby" Waypoints on a submission tonight, I came across this existing Waypoint, the "Larkfield Holy Trinity Scout HQ", which is clearly a K-12 location. For a waypoint spotted like this, there is no other way to report it as invalid / for removal other than posting in here. @NianticGiffard

Tagged:

Comments

• MelodyS88Chi-PGOMelodyS88Chi-PGO Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭

K-12 location means a school or something on the grounds of a school, not just a location or organization that serves children.

• VladDraco-PGOVladDraco-PGO Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭

From a simple basical point of view, I myself understood this rule this way :

Is it a good place to go to be social and play (a video game) with your kids ?

Playground, open parks or open sport installation for kids : Yes

School, nursery, clubs, etc : No

• feliscybernicus-PGOfeliscybernicus-PGO Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

I see. I understand that there may be countries like the USA where a law might be an issue so that's understandable. But I feel this shouldn't be so black and white and thus also apply to countries where this isn't the case. In most places scout huts, save for maybe scout camp areas that may be a special case, are in publicly accessible areas (such as, right next to public sidewalks or so). With a carefully situated waypoint, there should be no issue at all. Also, as stated by Niantic, not everyone needs to be able to access a waypoint so even if it was the case the waypoint was inaccessible, it shouldn't necessarily matter that much.

• feliscybernicus-PGOfeliscybernicus-PGO Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

I'm just saying, there isn't necessarily a reason to warrant this criteria to be so strict. As we are allowed to make adjustments based on our judgement and knowledge of our respective local/cultural situations on what should be considered eligible, it probably should also apply in situations such as this where a rejection criteria might not be warranted due to different cultural circumstances. If Niantic doesn't consider this a possibility yet, I feel they definitely should at least consider it.

• We have reviewed the report and have taken action on the Wayspot in accordance with our policies.