Once again WHY didn't Niantic take the chance to educate

Several weeks back I asked the question of why were rejection emails only stating "Niantic review" when it was such a beautiful opportunity to educate reviewers there was radio silence on that thread even though a couple of the comments got "Niantic likes" so I know you saw it.

NOW with the new 4.3 update we just have 2 or 3 word reasons for a rejection, HOW is that helpful as to why something was rejected? Once again we as a community ask for something and Niantic decided we wanted something else. Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get good rejection reasons with some education?

Comments

• TrevorAlan-PGOTrevorAlan-PGO Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

So yeah, there needs to be a rejection reason, at the very least, if not a cut and paste out of the criteria list as to WHY Niantic rejected it.

Also I might even like to see an approval reason, Why Niantic approved your nomination. (If they are manually reviewing things I don't thing its to much to ask to have these copy and pasted at least in?)

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think part of the reason they don't is to not set a presedent. People may see something thats in the grey area and take Niantic's decision as "everyone must vote this way all the time"

• VladDraco-PGOVladDraco-PGO Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭

And the number of rejection reasons was not the problem, it was the consistency of each.

If a submission was rejected for reason A 95% B 3% C 2% you must include only the first.

Giving a predetermined number of reasons is not a good answer, giving all reasons with more than 10% or 20% can help to educate.

• Their radio silence IS their education. The education that you should stop doing their work, FOR FREE, and (in the case of PoGo) giving them money 😂😂😂

• aleprj-INGaleprj-ING Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, they just added the information that would be in the e-mail (as they won't be there anymore). It's what they promissed and what they delivered, so I won't really complain this time. They will fix the missing translation tags and I hope they can easily add links to sections of the criteria to improve it (ie: make each rejection reason a link to the appropriate criteria section).

• Taylor5636-PGOTaylor5636-PGO Posts: 39 ✭✭✭

Now, Niantic has the audacity to close a thread asking for legitimate updats to the criteria, that we were PROMISED 2 years ago. Without even commenting on the thread!!! We had been asking for general upkeep and general education for so Long. We keep getting promises and they keep just not coming, or coming in half measures. PLEASE Niantic just pay attention to what we are actually asking for. It's not hard to keep critical up to date, or if it is you need a new system .......

@NianticAaron @NianticTintino

• sophielab-INGsophielab-ING Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭

If you played Ingress and submitted missions for review then you would know why they chose not to give reasons. I just pulled an old e-mail from a mission rejection and none of the four reasons were applicable. I would expect the same result if they gave reasons for nomination rejections.