Mural on Amusement Arcade Entry?

Title of the Wayspot: Top-Spiel Sonne

Location: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=48.205312,12.405831&z=21&pll=48.205305,12.40575

48.205308, 12.405758

City: Waldkraiburg

Photos to support your claim:

Additional information:

So there is a portal with a mural of an amusement Arcade ingame.

It was nominated by 2 Pokemon Go players over a year ago with only the mural of a sun with the title "Sonne in der Nacht" (sun at night) and another ingress player nominated a new picture, along with the actual title, description as well with a streetview photosphere. It is only accessible from the parkinglot, while you can not see it from the pedestrian way.

i´m wondering if it should stay in the games or if it should be reported and removed by niantic.

Homepage:

Streetview:

Comments

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a nice mural. Much nicer than the random graffiti some people sometimes try and nominate. Art is highly subjective and it appears the reviewing community agreed with the nominator that it was good art.

The mural is accesable from inside the building right? So long as at least one person can safely access the mural then it should be find to stay. The mural does not block the emergency services, nor is it on a single family private residence or a private farm or a school. Therefore I do not seeing it as meeting any removal criteria.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, so sometimes I skim read but I’ve been over this three times and I don’t see the reason that would justify removing it, so maybe spell it out exactly why this should be considered for removal? I think maybe it’s a banner and not a mural, but I don’t see that as a reason to remove it. A unique POI at an arcade seems like a perfectly legitimate wayspot.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks fine to me. What are your concerns about it?

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

So you are wondering if it meets removal criteria for no pedestrian access? Well, it is questionable at best. You could report it; but if Niantic does reject the report (and I have a feeling they will), I wouldn't bother with an appeal.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like the poster is mainly concerned about pedestrian access, and I can see why. It looks like, at the very least, you can walk up to the wall at either end of the mural quite safely, though, so I think it looks okay from that standpoint.