Says location mismatch

The o oh thing I can think of is this is NEW it would show up as a cluster of tree on the google map. It is a large statue across from Uranus Missouri ( fudge factory) and the statue is across the street in the over flow parking lot, next to the new put put golf course. Of all the ones I submitted I thought this one would get approved. Very disappointed

Comments

• VladDraco-PGOVladDraco-PGO Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Look at the main rejection reason.

It was rejected because of your title "The Mayor of Uranus".

I guess you know totally that, as you post here with the title not visible.

• BobSaccomano-INGBobSaccomano-ING Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

Uranus is the name of the place itself:

I'm guessing that people just assumed that you were trying to make a somewhat dirty joke.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody was trying to make a dirty joke when they named the “Uranus Pirates”

• BaltiCalling-INGBaltiCalling-ING Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you showing the POI within the supporting photo? I see submissions all the time where someone does a 180 degree turn and shoots a photo of some random foliage as the supporting photo. It doesn't help reviewers locate the object at all.

• HapaOni-PGOHapaOni-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

In the supporting picture I tried to show the parking lots it is now over flow parking over there) so that it demonstrated that it was a safe place

edited November 2021

And the dirty joke, oh yeh.. the whole place is. This statue is actually the Mayor of Uranus at the Putt Pirates golf course … I didn’t include the putt pirates because I figured it would be a bit too much

The picture is not posting… this is of The Mayor or Uranus’ Facebook page

The title was the mayor of Uranus, yes… and I guess I don’t understand it is I can show you pictures of the creator of Uranus, dressed in THAT suit walking around the tourist destination, and quotes of him calling himself “The Mayor of Uranus” … there were two criteria for the defection… location mismatch and the title (I honestly was thinking it had more to do with the location mismatch)

That's not the point.

You submission HAS a dirty joke in the title, and it's rejected because of that.

We are in Nomination Improvement, so we try to help you to have your submission accepted.

Resubmit it without the dirty joke can only help you.

Why not just a more neutral title ? The Statue of the Mayor for example?

Do you want to make a dirty joke or have the point accepted?

I guess I don’t see it as a dirty joke. Uranus is a planet. I will resubmit it with an “appropriate” title. This is a tourist destination, and extremely family friendly.

So then again… what about the location mismatch. Because although I will argue the title, I knew what the issue was with it…. My QUESTION was… what do I do about the location mismatch. I can assure you I was standing in front of the statue when I submitted it.

I tried to find it on Street View and didn't find it.

But with your supplementary pictures, we can easily find where it is.

Maybe you can try to have a better supplementary picture, probably from his back, where we can see the huge board of the zone ?

Still, as you eliminate one rejection reason, the other will not cause you enough bad reviews, so it will be accepted anyway.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

There’s this thing about the reviewers where they’re human. And if you can appeal to them with the rest of the nomination, they’ll take a review from a 1* ‘location mismatch’ to a 3* ‘ehhh… I don’t see it but it might be there.’

Mentioning that it’s located at the mini golf course - and when the mini golf course was built (to explain its absence from Google Maps) - will help, as it makes sense that this kind of thing would be at a miniature golf course, which is also a welcoming location for AR video games. Make sure you show the mayor in his surroundings for the supplementary image, so reviewers can use context clues to place him. Also, when I search for Uranus Missouri I do see the fudge factory but I don’t see a pin for the putt-putt, so consider doing some Google Map updates to add a pin location and maybe an image or photosphere.

Thank you so much X0bai. That was extremely helpful! I did re-submit it on my way home today. I’ve been reviewing also so I’m learning how to distinguish what is good and what isn’t. I’ll go edit my about for the nomination. I did try to get the Uranus sign in the background This time for the second picture. I didn’t think to get the golf course (as that would have been from the other direction and is also new. My original I was just thinking to show it was a safe location with a large parking area

This is the new supporting picture… I hope it helps